Ignore lessons 1-6
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 20:02
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Ignore lessons 1-6
    That lesson I've already learnt.

When an illusion is tought as a truth, then it's better to ignore it altogether.
    Never believe in those who say they have the Truth.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 20:20
    Don't you think it is arrogant and conceited to list your "lessons" of truth to people like that?

I have very little patience at the best of times...
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 20:312 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Don't you think it is arrogant and conceited to list your "lessons" of truth to people like that?

I have very little patience at the best of times...
    Well given that vishvahetu has systematically Reveal Hidden Content
    (perhaps I'm being generous there)
    crapped on pretty much every poster on this forum that fails to agree with him I feel no guilt for dismissing his so called lessons and assuming the conceitedness, for his benefit, you point out. The guy is a troll and he's here to stay.

Btw I have a good friend in the real world who happens to follow the vedic teachings; and they are pretty much disjoint from those that vishvahetu proposes.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 21:47
    Well given that vishvahetu has systematically [hidden](perhaps I'm being generous there)[/hidden] crapped on pretty much every poster on this forum that fails to agree with him I feel no guilt for dismissing his so called lessons and assuming the conceitedness, for his benefit, you point out. The guy is a troll and he's here to stay.

Btw I have a goo ...[text shortened]... ow the vedic teachings; and they are pretty much disjoint from those that vishvahetu proposes.
    Is your friend less preachy?
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 21:572 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Is your friend less preachy?
    Very much so...Moreover he knows and respects the fact I'm an atheist, (and he like other theist friends I know have learnt to politely steer me away from "discussions" pertaining to their faiths. I politely allow this! 😵 )
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 22:07
    Very much so...Moreover he knows and respects the fact I'm an atheist, (and he like other theist friends I know have learnt to politely steer me away from "discussions" pertaining to their faiths. I politely allow this! 😵 )
    Yes, thats the point I was looking for. Vishy wont "come down" to anyone's level. He alone knows the truth.

For me, when dealing with talking to people about spiritual matters I am always wanting to know that we are "cool" first, that we respect eachother,(which means respecting that one is an athiest) .

And nowhere does it say this is a theists forum, however you can see why the theists have a problem with athiests entering a spirituality forum. So what is your take on "spirit"? Neurochemical phenomenom?
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 22:40
    I might be reading too much into your comment, but vedanta accomodates atheists quite well.
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 22:51
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    I might be reading too much into your comment, but vedanta accomodates atheists quite well.
    Perhaps...but my friend does actually believe in gods (plural).
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 22:57
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yes, thats the point I was looking for. Vishy wont "come down" to anyone's level. He alone knows the truth.

For me, when dealing with talking to people about spiritual matters I am always wanting to know that we are "cool" first, that we respect eachother,(which means respecting that one is an athiest) .

And nowhere does it say this is a theists ...[text shortened]... ntering a spirituality forum. So what is your take on "spirit"? Neurochemical phenomenom?
    My take on "spiritual" is that I find it difficult to take seriously the proposal that there is at least one facet of our beings that is non (or super) natural.
    Defining, for convenience, "spirit" to be supernatural from this point forward, If anyone could give me a detailed description of how the spiritual realm interacts with the material realm and back this up with more than personal testimony, blind conjecture, and appeal to scripture then I'm all ears.
    It's a two way street however in that I'm ready to challenge popular notions of spirituality if I see the opportunity.
  11. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 23:00
    in vedic tradition all gods are merely avatars of Brahma
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 23:07
    Originally posted by duecer
    in vedic tradition all gods are merely avatars of Brahma
    My light reading on this matter doesn't seem to bear out your claim...perhaps you can clarify?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vedic_mythology
    http://www.hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/vedicgods.asp
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 23:32
    But it isn't necessary and I'm guessing he's aware of the other paths supported by Vedanta. Vishva is the first individual I've come across who seems to have a closed mind toward paths other than the domagtic path he has adopted. If I had to guess, I'd say he's a Hare Krishna and that they've adopted the label "Vedanta" in an effort to align themselves with something more reputable.
  14. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 23:45
    My light reading on this matter doesn't seem to bear out your claim...perhaps you can clarify?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vedic_mythology
    http://www.hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/vedicgods.asp
    Easwaran wrote an amazing commentary on the Gita, I don't have it handy, but you may want start there. In the Gita Sri Krishna says that everyone who worships another God even of a different faith, are ultimately worshiping him.; and he of course is an avatar of Vishnu, part of the trimurti (spelling). The trimurti itself are avatars of the ultimate reality.
  15. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 02:39
    Originally posted by duecer
    Easwaran wrote an amazing commentary on the Gita, I don't have it handy, but you may want start there. In the Gita Sri Krishna says that everyone who worships another God even of a different faith, are ultimately worshiping him.; and he of course is an avatar of Vishnu, part of the trimurti (spelling). The trimurti itself are avatars of the ultimate reality.
    Not sure if it's a universal thought across all the schools but yeah the deities are all just a manifestation of one part of the unifying god/supreme being. Gods that represent wisdom, or family etc. all moreso just emphasized points to connect with the people, keep them focused on maybe a specific part of their life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree