1. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '08 03:19
    i have a new idea; i didn't realize before that i was insulting theists. i believe since god is your creator, if you believe so, he is your father. you should let him come to you, it is the father's job to win the son's love, not the other way around. believe in him when he shows himself.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Feb '08 04:381 edit
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    i have a new idea; i didn't realize before that i was insulting theists. i believe since god is your creator, if you believe so, he is your father. you should let him come to you, it is the father's job to win the son's love, not the other way around. believe in him when he shows himself.
    Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?(EV) he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
    Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
  3. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    15 Feb '08 10:31
    You got it!!!
  4. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '08 23:09
    Originally posted by josephw
    Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?(EV) he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of ...[text shortened]... ne unto them.
    Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
    the fact of the matter is, jesus is not around.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 16:132 edits
    No that is not what we are taught. Rather He concludes the Gospel of Matthew saying:

"Behold I am with you all the days, even unto the consummation of the age." (Matt.28:20)

Haven't you ever read the book of Acts ?

Have you never read the epistle of Romans or First Corinthians or Galatians ?

Have you never read the Gospel of John chapters 14 through 17?

John's Gospel and Matthew's Gospel do not end with a sense that Jesus went away anywhere. Mark and Luke speak of Christ's ascension. But as far as John and Matthew are concerned He never went away.

Now we have learned to treasure this truth from the Apostle Paul -

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

Christ, Who is at the right hand of God in the third heavens somewhere, is also upon the earth as "a life giving Spirit" into Whom He transfigured Himself.

He became the life giving Spirit to GIVE Himself as the eternal life of God into the believers.

Bottom line - He is with us on the earth today as the life giving Spirit to enter into man's human spirit. He is coming in the future again physically.

When He does most people will think that it is too soon rather than too late.
  6. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 17:14
    love is a bridge between father and son, they stand at either end, and the father waits patiently for his son, for he cannot do anything else.
  7. Subscribershavixmironline
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 18:17

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of ...[text shortened]... ne unto them.
    God damn. The bible does have all the answers!
  8. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 23:32
    Originally posted by jaywill
    No that is not what we are taught. Rather He concludes the Gospel of Matthew saying:

[b]"Behold I am with you all the days, even unto the consummation of the age." (Matt.28:20)

Haven't you ever read the book of Acts ?

Have you never read the epistle of Romans or First Corinthians or Galatians ?

Have you never read the Gospel of Joh ...[text shortened]... ly.

When He does most people will think that it is too soon rather than too late.[/b]
    you can not use a bible reference as proof of something the bible made up.
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    17 Feb '08 02:10
    But leave a message at the tone and he'll get back to you.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Feb '08 22:41
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    God damn. The bible does have all the answers!
    Yes. The Bible is the final authority pertaining to life and living.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 00:382 edits
    you can not use a bible reference as proof of something the bible made up.
    I use Bible verses to inspire faith.

Faith is used to substantiat the reality of the God Who has made up His mind that He makes Himself known subjectively to people by means of their faith. God has decided and told us so, I believe - that He has chosen the way of faith to dispense His reality into people's lives.

Maybe He did so because it leaves man with nothing to boast about.

You see when you get down to it, we all eventually put our trust in someone.

Secondly, your charge that the Bible just made something up can be a totally false statement. Your charge is by no means automatically more reliable than the prophetic writings of the Bible.

The track record of the Bible in the area of fulfillment of prophecy is one of the things which demands that what is written I need to take seriously.

Why, on your word, should I not take them seriously because you think these are just things "made up" by the Bible?
  12. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 04:31
    Yes. The Bible is the final authority pertaining to life and living.
    According to you..... but the bottom line is that it was written by men, all men a falliable, even those who claim god is dictating to them, its very easy to misinterpret what a being, divine or otherwise, is saying to you. Therefore is it not possible that the bible is a good guide to morals (in places, in other places, OT in paticular, not so much) but just that a guide and not to be taken out of context and to unusual extremes?

Also If I we're to write a book today that was inspirational and a good story. Tell everyone god was dictating to me.... Would people believe or would they call me crazy?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree