Let's pray for the success of Atheism

Let's pray for the success of Atheism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
31 Mar 07

Hey, it can't hurt and if there really is a god who answers prayers......

b
Tree Warrior

NutWood

Moves
31 Mar 07

prayers are a way of focusing the mind, connecting to your inner truth, only if you believe you can come to answers and strength to realise them yourself can you be free from the delusion that things will come to you out of thin air. nothing wrong with believing in a medium that will help you arrive at your own capable self. sometimes belief can inhibit realisation of self. this is when atheism can help in restoring a sense of reality. detachment from habitual wanting or desire (physical, mental or spiritual) to have something without effort is folly. so yeah, why not believe in nothing but realise everything you desire to be.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
31 Mar 07

Originally posted by sonhouse
What makes you think you need help? Most of the world aready doesn't believe in God. I think!

V

Earth

Moves
31 Mar 07

That depends on what the atheists are trying to accomplish. Do you know?

Hmmm . . .

Moves
31 Mar 07

Originally posted by biloba
prayers are a way of focusing the mind, connecting to your inner truth, only if you believe you can come to answers and strength to realise them yourself can you be free from the delusion that things will come to you out of thin air. nothing wrong with believing in a medium that will help you arrive at your own capable self. sometimes belief can inhibit reali ...[text shortened]... ut effort is folly. so yeah, why not believe in nothing but realise everything you desire to be.
detachment from habitual wanting or desire (physical, mental or spiritual) to have something without effort is folly.

This sentence confused me. Do you mean to say that such detachment is folly, or that the desire for something without effort is folly? In the context of your post, I would think the first...

F

Moves
31 Mar 07
4 edits

F

Moves
31 Mar 07

Why do you want to pray if you're not interested in God anyway?

But you want to pray - this indicates that you want to talk to God - but remember in your prayers, God is not a wish-engine.... he will do what HE wants, not what you want....

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
31 Mar 07

Originally posted by Flower04
Why do you want to pray if you're not interested in God anyway?

But you want to pray - this indicates that you want to talk to God - but remember in your prayers, God is not a wish-engine.... he will do what HE wants, not what you want....
So 'he' will do what YOU want, to ban atheism?

E

Moves
31 Mar 07

So 'he' will do what YOU want, to ban atheism?
this is either a stupid post, or i am missing something because i do not see where he says he wants to ban atheism.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
31 Mar 07

In bad times, I'm tempted by paganism a la Harry Flashman who'll pray to any god that helps.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
31 Mar 07

You know prayers are not always answered with a yes, they can also be answered with a no.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
31 Mar 07

Originally posted by RBHILL
You know prayers are not always answered with a yes, they can also be answered with a no.
Then it does stand a chance of being answered in the positive?

R

California

Moves
31 Mar 07

Then it does stand a chance of being answered in the positive?
How about praying God's will, that has the best chance of getting a yes.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not WILLING that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

E

Moves
31 Mar 07

Originally posted by RBHILL
How about praying God's will, that has the best chance of getting a yes.
what if you know what God has willed for you but you do not like it?

R

California

Moves
31 Mar 07

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
what if you know what God has willed for you but you do not like it?
oh well then.