1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 04:06
    Originally posted by vivify
    Hit me with your best shot.
    From what you know of the following Christians' beliefs, in each case would you expect them to recognize and accept you unreservedly as their fellow Christian?

[1] Eladar
    [2] divegeester and Suzianne
    [3] galveston75
    [4] Pudgenik
    [5] sonship
    [6] Rajk999
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 04:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    You have latched on to the word "denomination" again. Perhaps you could describe briefly what kind of Christian you are posing as for the purposes of this thread or is the idea you have here for people to play twenty questions with you to figure out whether you believe in eternal torture, whether you believe "salvation" is through "faith and faith alone", whethe ...[text shortened]... ian you are posing as so that the discussion can begin and does not start with a guessing game..
    I believe that salvation is through faith in Christ, that hell is real and eternal. For those who truly haven't had a fair chance to know of Christ, God will judge sinners by the law written on their hearts, according to Romans. Non-Christians aren't "satanic", they are whom Christians have been commissioned to spread the word to so they may be saved.

Does that cover it?
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 04:171 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    From what you know of the following Christians' beliefs, in each case would you expect them to recognize and accept you unreservedly as their fellow Christian?

[1] Eladar
    [2] divegeester and Suzianne
    [3] galveston75
    [4] Pudgenik
    [5] sonship
    [6] Rajk999
    I don't know what their beliefs are, though I think Suzianne believes certain sections of the bible aren't literal.

I'd expect them to not just accept what I say, but to check the Word for themselves to see if what I say is true.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 04:17
    Does that cover it?
    Yes, thanks. See? You didn't need to delay saying all that simply because "denomination" was one of the words I used in my first post. 😛
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 04:20
    OK...now bring the tough questions.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 04:22
    Hit me with your best shot.
    Do you believe that homosexuals who believe in Jesus can live out their lives in loving (and physical) relationships with other homosexuals and still be "saved"?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 04:23
    I believe that salvation is through faith in Christ, that hell is real and eternal.
    As a Christian, what is your perception of the reality of hell?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 04:24
    Non-Christians aren't "satanic", they are whom Christians have been commissioned to spread the word to so they may be saved.
    As a Christian, then, to your way of thinking, who is "Satanic"?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 04:26
    For those who truly haven't had a fair chance to know of Christ, God will judge sinners by the law written on their hearts, according to Romans.
    As a Christian, how would you define "fair" in "a fair chance to know of Christ" in the above assertion?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 04:29
    I told you. I went to a non-denominational church..
    As a Christian, what was your view of and attitude towards 'denominational churches'?

Were there churches, figures, preachers etc. you identified more with, and others you thought were mistaken or who you felt were alienating?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 04:30
    Pick a biblical topic to debate with me on, and I'll honestly defend it as if I were a Christian.
    As a Christian, do you support capital punishment?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 04:42
    FMF: From what you know of the following Christians' beliefs, in each case would you expect them to recognize and accept you unreservedly as their fellow Christian?

I don't know what their beliefs are.,...
    Oh well. How about some fellow self-identifying Christians - Catholic popes - whose beliefs you can't credibly claim not to know? Do you think that all the popes of the Roman Catholic Church may well be in "Hell"?
  13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 04:451 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you believe that homosexuals who believe in Jesus can live out their lives in loving (and physical) relationships with other homosexuals and still be "saved"?
    [stepping out of character for a bit]

I really don't want to answer these types of questions, because they're obvious. It's well-known the bible is against homosexuality. Please refrain from questions asking do I believe in widely-accepted Christian doctrines. In fact, no more "interview" questions. This is boring, and not why I started this thread. Get to some actual questions, things you disagree about the bible.

[back to Christ-mode]
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 04:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    As a Christian, do you support capital punishment?
    see above
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 04:48
    I really don't want to answer these types of questions, because they're obvious.
    And yet Christians disagree about many of them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree