Let's say there is no Christ (part two)

Let's say there is no Christ (part two)

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Dec 12

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"Even in His parables," says Norman Geisler, "Jesus claimed functions reserved only for Yahweh in the Old Testament, such as being Shepherd (Luke 15), Rock (Matthew 7:24-27), and Sower (Matthew 13:24-30)." 31/14

[b]"C. S. Lewis, in his book Mere Christianity,
puts all these claims in the right perspective when he reminds his readers that Jesus w ...[text shortened]... was, quite simply, the most shocking thing that has ever been uttered by human lips."
-[/b]
It was so shocking to the Pharisees that they judged Jesus, a man claiming to be equal to God and born to be King of the Jews, as quilty of the sin of blasphemy and deserving of death by crucifixion.

T

Moves
30 Dec 12
3 edits

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"BTW, I don't know why you'd think apathist has read 'Mere Christianity'."

[b]You questioned 'why'; I provided (from) 'where'. That's all.

-[/b]
I knew it was in the text that he pasted. I guess I'll just assume that you believed that apathist wrote it even though most of it is antithetical to what he's been posting on this thread.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 Dec 12

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
31 Dec 12

If something is worth saying, its already been said. Your religion is stupid. But you already know that.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Dec 12

Originally posted by apathist
If something is worth saying, its already been said. Your religion is stupid. But you already know that.
Your evolution religion or fairy tale for grownups is what is stupid. 😏

T

Moves
31 Dec 12

Seems apathist has chosen to wallow in a common refuge of those who have nothing intelligent to say.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
31 Dec 12

Not my finest hour. But happy new year, right?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
31 Dec 12

The Christian God is too weak to speak up for himself.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Dec 12

The Christian God is too weak to speak up for himself.
The Christian God is not weak, but is only demonstrating self-control. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Jan 13
2 edits

Let's say there is no Christ (part one) If so, then in whom or what would you (and your family) place your confidence and trust?[/b]

Let's say there is no Christ (part two) Now, let's say there is (and that He's alive and well). What then?[/b]

Let's say an individual becomes incapable of positive choice (part three) Pharaoh's persistent destruction of his own volition still stands as one of the most graphic in human history. The Old Testament Book of Exodous preserves the detailed account. Pharaoh just kept on vascillating until his negative volitional scar tissued his soul beyond recognition. He was incapable of saying 'Yes'. In His Matchless Grace, God keep right on providing deliverance from Ten Intensified Plagues in Egypt: 1) Water to Blood (Exodous 7:19); 2) Frogs (Ex. 8:2-4); 3) Gnats or Flies (Ex. 8:21); 5) Boils (Ex. 9:3); 6) Livestock Diseased (Ex. 9:8); 7) Thunder and Hail (Ex. 9:16); 8) Locusts (Ex. 10:4,5); 9) Darkness (Ex. 10:21); 10) Death of the Firstborn (Exodous 11:4,5).

http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/epidemics/tp/10PlaguesEgypt.htm//ancienthistory.about.com/od/epidemics/tp/10PlaguesEgypt.htm

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jan 13
1 edit

Why should we worship him? His camp committed the worst act of genocide ever (to atone for God's mistakes!). His camp sentences good and moral people to an eternity of hellfire (because they use the brains god gave us for thinking and reasoning and doubting!) According to the Bible, God commits atrociously immoral acts routinely and with abandon. Speaking o ...[text shortened]... adictions and absurdities is hard to imagine.

If Jesus exists, he has some explaining to do.
Speaking of the Bible, a greater collection of logical contradictions and absurdities is hard to imagine.

Apathist,

could you give us your, say, TWO strongest examples of logical contradictions and absurdities you have found in the Bible ?

Give me your two most convincing examples. No need to start with your weaker examples. Give me your best ones.

And as of now you don't know whether I will agree with you or not.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Jan 13

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Seems apathist has chosen to wallow in a common refuge of those who have nothing intelligent to say.
And you figure people like Hinds actually says anything intelligent? Just for comparison.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Jan 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
And you figure people like Hinds actually says anything intelligent? Just for comparison.
He knows Hinds says a lot of intelligent things. He quotes the Holy Bible. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
18 Jan 13

Originally posted by sonship
Speaking of the Bible, a greater collection of logical contradictions and absurdities is hard to imagine.

Apathist,

could you give us your, say, TWO strongest examples of logical contradictions and absurdities you have found in the Bible ?

Give me your two most convincing examples. No need to start with your weaker exa ...[text shortened]... ive me your best ones.

And as of now you don't know whether I will agree with you or not.
Absurdity you say. Well the first absurdity is the great biblical hero Samson.
If you read the story you find a man who murders 28 people in cold blood to get their coats to pay off a bet. Clearly every great religion needs a mass murderer to hold up as a hero. Shocking to me is that Christianity has not repudiated these murderous acts or even lowered him from "hero" status. 😛

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Jan 13

Originally posted by caissad4
Absurdity you say. Well the first absurdity is the great biblical hero Samson.
If you read the story you find a man who murders 28 people in cold blood to get their coats to pay off a bet. Clearly every great religion needs a mass murderer to hold up as a hero. Shocking to me is that Christianity has not repudiated these murderous acts or even lowered him from "hero" status. 😛
I believe it was 30 men he killed. There is no proof it was murder.