Leunammi

Leunammi

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Apr 17

In another thread leunammi said:

Rajk999 Have you ever encouraged a fellow Christian in these forums instead of telling them how wrong they for not believing as you? .

Clearly his question was meant to be an insult, but getting past his opinion of me, the point is how does one Christian encourage another Christian.

As usual I will give my opinion on the matter. First there is one road the eternal life, that narrow one that Jesus spoke of, and one person who gives eternal life - Jesus Christ. However, 'through Jesus Christ', has nothing to do with a verbal profession of faith. The Bible is clear that God hates mouth worship so 'through Jesus' means through ones obedience to Jesus's moral guidelines and commandments. Therefore encouragement of a fellow Christian must mean:
- encouraging him to move forward to the Kingdom of God
- encouraging him to move away from a faith only existence which is dead faith
- encouraging him to do the good works which are required for eternal life.

Christians like Leunammi, it seems, are encouraged by lectures and debates which condemn good works and encourage empty dead faith, the kind so prevalent on this forum.

What do posters around here think is a good way to encourage Christians?

l

Moves
12 Apr 17

Originally posted by Rajk999

Rajk999 Have you ever encouraged a fellow Christian in these forums instead of telling them how wrong they for not believing as you? .

Clearly his question was meant to be an insult, but getting past his opinion of me, the point is how does one Christian encourage another Christian.

As usual I will giv ...[text shortened]... alent on this forum.

Christians like Leunammi, it seems, are encouraged by lectures and debates which condemn good works and encourage empty dead faith, the kind so prevalent on this forum.

You know nothing of what I believe,

F

Moves
12 Apr 17

Originally posted by leunammi
If it's true that people know nothing of what you believe after maybe 350 posts on this forum, I wonder what's the matter.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Apr 17

Originally posted by leunammi

You started it. How does one Christian encourage another? Do you care to answer?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
If it's true that people know nothing of what you believe after maybe 350 posts on this forum, I wonder what's the matter.
😉

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Apr 17

You started it. How does one Christian encourage another? Do you care to answer?
Mr Leunammi, you indirectly accused me of not encouraging fellow Christians.

So: how do YOU do it ?

Ro

Moves
13 Apr 17
2 edits

As usual I will giv ...[text shortened]... alent on this forum.

I have always rather admired your view that, if being a Christian means anything, it must be reflected in your deeds rather than your words.

However, I am not sure you addressed leunammi's point. Your response is effectively saying that you encourage Christians by encouraging them to follow the right path. This is somewhat circular.

If I said that I 'encouraged' people to get fit simply by telling them they should not to lie on the couch all day and should get out and do 30 mins of exercise 3 times a week, then I think I would have misused the word 'encouraged'.

What leunammi is asking is how do you encourage them, as opposed to telling them your view of the Bible is correct and their view is wrong.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Apr 17

We are commanded to go to the source, and to show love for our Christian brothers.

The one commandment of Christ you like to pretend he never said and the source of my charge of hypocrisy leveled against you. You do nothing except attack Christians here without evidence. Yet you speak endlessly about the importance of following Christ's commandments.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Apr 17

Originally posted by Rank outsider
I have always rather admired your view that, if being a Christian means anything, it must be reflected in your deeds rather than your words.

However, I am not sure you addressed leunammi's point. Your response is effectively saying that you encourage Christians by encouraging them to follow the right path. This is somewhat circular.

If I said t ...[text shortened]... rage them, as opposed to telling them your view of the Bible is correct and their view is wrong.
Thanks for your comments RO. First the view which you say is mine is not mine at all but it is the view of the entire Bible. All the way from Genesis to Revelation the Bible shows how God hates mouth worship and hates sin and evil. Mouth worship [talk without action] is an insult to the intelligence of any normal person far more it is to God. There is no eternal life without first demonstrating that one is capable of good works. A life of sin is an insult to the death of Christ. It is common knowledge that Christians around here preach that all that is required is professed faith in Christ with their mouth, and no good works are necessary. They get around the good works problem with the claim that they will do good works, which is nonsense and unbiblical.

Ok, I get your illustration about being fit. There is no other way on a chat forum to 'encourage' anyone to do anything other than talk and it has been going on for about 10 yrs.

How does anyone else encourage Christians? Does anyone else do anything different? Christians tell me I am wrong all the time. That I am evil, that I am a liar, I am of the Devil and whole other list of derogatory terms, which frankly says a lot about them, because anyone who is truly a Christian or genuinely in Christ will not say that in response to my speaking of the commandments of Christ.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
13 Apr 17

Originally posted by Rajk999...

Your religion has hundreds of sects. Is it possible that your gods are not being very clear? Should people with doubts be punished? Forever!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Apr 17

Originally posted by apathist
Your religion has hundreds of sects. Is it possible that your gods are not being very clear? Should people with doubts be punished? Forever!
I think that the main speaker or person in the Bible who advised on getting eternal life in the Kingdom of God, is Jesus Christ and he was crystal clear. Tell me if there is anything unclear about this:

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand,
Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom
prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat:
I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink:
I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Naked, and ye clothed me:
I was sick, and ye visited me:
I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
(Matthew 25:34-36 KJV)

Is it not crystal clear who enters the Kingdom of God?

Jesus knew that there will be those people like many Christians of today who because of their greedy and selfish lifestyles would not follow his commandments and would try to condemn anyone who does it, so Jesus said the same thing again by saying who will NOT ENTER the Kingdom of God...

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand,
Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat:
I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
I was a stranger, and ye took me not in:
naked, and ye clothed me not:
sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
(Matthew 25:41-43 KJV)

Unclear? I dont think so.

Some people are inherently evil, and would do anything to avoid being good and righteous and honest and truthful. These are the types that condemn the commandments of Christ as legalistic and other derogatory terms.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Apr 17

Cancel your subscription, and never post here again.

T

Moves
14 Apr 17

Originally posted by josephw
josephw, have you ever encouraged a fellow Christian in these forums instead of telling them how wrong they for not believing as you?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
Or I can do like your many of your Christian buddies, cancel my subscription and still continue to post ..😀

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Apr 17

How does anyone else encourage Christians? Does anyone else do anything different?
Don't stand there saying "Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?", when you've already been given the answer.