Leviticus and Homo's

Leviticus and Homo's

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
11 Aug 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Uhhh yep. But do you not see that they are both wrong and unnatural? Must not.
Like eating shellfish or cutting your hair?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
11 Aug 10

Uhhh yep. But do you not see that they are both wrong and unnatural? Must not.
Sorry, i don't see that homosexuality is wrong, and i explained to you in a previous post that it isn't 'unnatural'. Homosexuality is widespread in the 'natural' world, so human homosexuality can't be 'unnatural'.

As for beastiality, i fail to see what relevance it has to this thread.

Cape Town

Moves
11 Aug 10

Originally posted by Proper Knob
As for beastiality, i fail to see what relevance it has to this thread.
It would be interesting though to know who considers it wrong, immoral, or unnatural.

Is a horse mating with a mule, bestiality?

d

Moves
11 Aug 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
Is a horse mating with a mule, bestiality?
No.

Sex between a human and an animal is bestiality.

AH

Moves
11 Aug 10
3 edits

What rational criteria ( if any ) do any of you use to determine what is “moral” and what is “immoral”?

And if there is no such rational criteria you could use, wouldn’t that mean that all moral claims and beliefs are baseless and totally arbitrary?

Exactly what determines whether or not you agree that something is “moral”?
Can anyone give a specific example of this and explain the whole mental process that goes from the premise to the conclusion that "X is moral"?

For me, these questions don’t complex me because I literally don’t believe there is such thing as “moral” or “immoral” but to the vast majority of you that literally DO believe there is such thing as “moral” or “immoral” I wonder how on earth you could give answers to all the above questions esp. the last one!

-perhaps I should start a new thread about this?

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
11 Aug 10

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton

-perhaps I should start a new thread about this?
Perhaps you should. Out of a host of related and difficult questions in moral philosophy, I'm unsure just which you're asking.

T

Moves
11 Aug 10
1 edit

Originally posted by gtbiking4life
I really do not see anything that says we should not welcome someone who is homosexual into the Church if they choose to attend a meeting. The LDS Church has not made me judge and excommunicator πŸ˜›

I follow the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Well, you're not the first to balk at answering difficult questions. Questions that would help you to gain a deeper understanding of your beliefs. Questions that would help you determine whether you actually "follow the teachings of Jesus Christ" or mostly like saying it.

g

Moves
12 Aug 10
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Well, you're not the first to balk at answering difficult questions. Questions that would help you to gain a deeper understanding of your beliefs. Questions that would help you determine whether you actually "follow the teachings of Jesus Christ" or mostly like saying it.
You must be talking about this - I forgot about it so sue me😴

"Is it your belief that the act of homosexuality is a sin even if they are married?"

Yes I believe it is a sin even if they are married.

"If you answer is "yes", can you support that belief via the teachings of Jesus?"

Paul did teach against homosexuality in the NT - I believe it was Romans. I can try and find it if you wish. I can do more searching if Jesus specifically taught this but I still believe Paul though.

"Also are you opposed to the LDS stance against gay rights?"

No - I'm not opposed.

I would still welcome a homosexual though - I don't think there is anything in LDS teachings that says I can't welcome a homosexual. That shouldn't be a problem.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Aug 10

Well I certianly can't teach anyone morals. Either you understand them and get the sense of why they have to exist or you don't.
But it's the disapperance and lack of underestanding them in ones hearts and living by them is the reason the worlds many problems are getting worse as was fortold in the Bible. And it's the reason that God clearly states that as with the flood of Noah, the world is getting to that tipping point again that he will take action to clense it of all evil. Jesus and the apostles speak of that often.

Cape Town

Moves
12 Aug 10

But it's the disapperance and lack of underestanding them in ones hearts and living by them is the reason the worlds many problems are getting worse as was fortold in the Bible. And it's the reason that God clearly states that as with the flood of Noah, the world is getting to that tipping point again that he will take action to clense it of all evil. Jesus and the apostles speak of that often.
And 2000 years later nothing has happened. Seems Jesus and his apostles were as paranoid as you.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
12 Aug 10

Well I certianly can't teach anyone morals. Either you understand them and get the sense of why they have to exist or you don't.
no you certainly can't. I say that because you fail to understand the one truly moral act that Christ demands of all of his disciples, to love one another as he has loved us...unconditionally. The purpose of Christ was not to add further judgment to the sinner but to offer forgiveness and freedom from the law. Hebrews 10 says that God writes his laws on our hearts and in our minds. It is clear from the context of the passage that our conscience becomes our guide as we are no longer bound by the law. Romans 7:6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Z

Moves
12 Aug 10

But it's the disapperance and lack of underestanding them in ones hearts and living by them is the reason the worlds many problems are getting worse as was fortold in the Bible. And it's the reason that God clearly states th ...[text shortened]... at he will take action to clense it of all evil. Jesus and the apostles speak of that often.
corelation doesn't imply causation.

Moves
12 Aug 10

Paul did teach against homosexuality in the NT - I believe it was Romans.
It's Romans 1:26-28 as I indicated above. I don't think Jesus mentions anything about homosexuality though. As a jew it might be that the prohibition on homosexual behaviour was a given, and so not worth mentioning, or it might be that he didn't feel it was important, or on the other hand Christianity itself might be the creation of that genius of religious propaganda, Paul.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
12 Aug 10

Originally posted by Lord Shark
[b]Paul did teach against homosexuality in the NT - I believe it was Romans.
It's Romans 1:26-28 as I indicated above. I don't think Jesus mentions anything about homosexuality though. As a jew it might be that the prohibition on homosexual behaviour was a given, and so not worth mentioning, or it might be that he didn't feel it was important, or on ...[text shortened]... hand Christianity itself might be the creation of that genius of religious propaganda, Paul.[/b]
from Adam Clarke's commentary:

Verse 26. For this cause God gave them up, &c.] Their system of idolatry necessarily produced all kinds of impurity. How could it be otherwise, when the highest objects of their worship were adulterers, fornicators, and prostitutes of the most infamous kind, such as Jupiter, Apollo, Mars, Venus, &c.? Of the abominable evils with which the apostle charges the Gentiles in this and the following verse I could produce a multitude of proofs from their own writings; but it is needless to make the subject plainer than the apostle has left it.

Verse 27. Receiving in themselves that recompense, &c.] Both the women and men, by their unnatural prostitutions, enervated their bodies, so that barrenness prevailed, and those disorders which are necessarily attendant on prostitution and sodomitical practices.

its clear Paul was talking about prostitution

F

Moves
12 Aug 10
1 edit

Well I certianly can't teach anyone morals.
No, you cannot. Because you don't have a moral, saying that a group of people, of which none you know, commits a sin because of the way they are created. You just cannot.