1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 18:523 edits
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    How does "to do something about it" equal "to shell out more money to the poor"?
    By in large the governments answer to problems is to shell out more money. For example, if our educational systems are struggling then we increase the taxes to help remedy the situation. However, perhaps all that is needed is reform within the educational system such as getting rid of those who do not make the best of resources available and/or addressing corruption of those pocketing money ment to go to the ecucational system, or holding teachers accountable for their possible ineptitude etc. The government simply is unable to micramanage our lives and, as a result, the common solution is just to throw money at problems in many respects. God forbid we should have reform of our present day welfare system in the US. For example, I once heard that only 9 cents on the dollar of the US tax money that goes toward welfare actually goes towards those in need. The rest is government overhead. Then to top it all off, who qualifies as those in need? Is it simply showing a yearly income? If so, this is hardly micromanaging our lives, rather, it is making a broad assumption for a populace based on only one limiting factor such as yearly income levels. So the next time you hear beaurocrates railing that we need to raise taxes to help those in need you will know that this is not the real answer and they must know it as well. Really, such money only increases the money flow to Washington and to a lesser degree those in need.
  2. Joined
    06 Nov '07
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 19:47
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    We need more abortions and fewer people on the planet. We need old people to check out earlier. That's the root of most of the problems with global warming which causes droughts and more suffering. We have more carbon emmisions not because we have more cars, but because we have more people.
    I agree 100%. Im going to add another clause to that statement. [Lets get dumb ppl to check out earlier. Starting with the dumbest.]. This way we can start with the righteous retard, aka the retarded reverend.
  3. Joined
    06 Nov '07
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 19:561 edit
    Originally posted by josephw

We all know what the Christian has to say as to why this condition exists for most people, but putting that aside , what practical solutions for relieving the suffering of the poor and indigent do you think would be of help?

Why does this condition continue to exist?
    What are they main reasons for the disparity?
    Yh im wondering what do christians have to say as to why this condition exists.

As long as capitalism exists poverty can never be extinguished. Poverty exists because there are allways ppl who wish to acquire more than their fellow individuals. Many of these individuals in the US are atheists and Christians (so religion doesn't really have any bearing upon them). The only way we can limit these ppl is by changing the system of gov't to one which doesn't allow for a disparity between the rich and poor. Like say communism. Also no offense, but it seems like institutions like religion also tend to promote this type of disparity, more than reduce. So those institutions will have to be rooted out.
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 20:42
    Originally posted by weirdboy
    I agree 100%. Im going to add another clause to that statement. [Lets get dumb ppl to check out earlier. Starting with the dumbest.]. This way we can start with the righteous retard, aka the retarded reverend.
    Boy, I own this here forum. Go buy a star.
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 20:59
    Is Kirksey really retarded?
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 22:35
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Doc, do you think I should alert the moderator? My feelings were hurt.
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 22:42
    Doc, do you think I should alert the moderator? My feelings were hurt.
    I think you should just teach his mother a little something about interracial harmony instead.
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 22:511 edit
    I think you should just teach his mother a little something about interracial harmony instead.
    Yo, wouldn't that be the bomb. It would look something like this.

YouTube
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 01:212 edits
    Yh im wondering what do christians have to say as to why this condition exists.

As long as capitalism exists poverty can never be extinguished. Poverty exists because there are allways ppl who wish to acquire more than their fellow individuals. Many of these individuals in the US are atheists and Christians (so religion doesn't really have any bearin this type of disparity, more than reduce. So those institutions will have to be rooted out.
    Force people to do the right thing eh? Sure, it seemed to work well for the former USSR. In fact, it seems to have been such a success in China that now they have become bigger capitalists than the US.

The best way to effect change is not to force people to behave in a certain way, rather, it is better to change ones free will to desire to do what is best. This is the Christian perspective.
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 02:53
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    Explain to me please how Satan already knew!!!
    First off, I don't think Satan is stupid... but I guess he may have had his doubts.

I still don't feel God should feel the need to prove anything to Satan, it seems childish. Killing all his servants, and his children etc. to prove a point doesn't sound like a very good 'boss' to me... especially considering how kind and thoughtful God is supposed to be.

He should have said, "So what, who cares what you think! Buzz off, horn-boy!" He should have flicked him with His finger.

P-
  11. Joined
    06 Nov '07
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 03:40

[b]Yo, wouldn't that be the bomb. It would look something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9rfefQOcj4
    Wooh you guys are sooo gangsta. And you def proved your intelligence by talking about my mama. Too much, too much
  12. Joined
    06 Nov '07
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 03:50
    Originally posted by whodey
    Force people to do the right thing eh? Sure, it seemed to work well for the former USSR. In fact, it seems to have been such a success in China that now they have become bigger capitalists than the US.

The best way to effect change is not to force people to behave in a certain way, rather, it is better to change ones free will to desire to do what is best. This is the Christian perspective.
    I can see where you are coming from whodey. but the thing is USSR and China didn't implement communism, as it was meant to be implemented in the original theory. The thing about communism is that it has to be implemented after a certain stage of capitalism. Neither the USSR or China were even in the initial stage of capitalism.

As naive as it may sound i would still like to see them transistion from capitalism to communism as Marx had intended. Also your vague statment about the some of the Chinese being bigger capitalists than the US is completely untrue, and you know that. This won't be the case untill another 20 to 30 years at least.

The Christian prespective is not the right prespective in dealing with poverty. Because the institution of this organized religion itself generates its income by exploiting the poor. Giving hope to the poor in exchange for money is not the right way to rid of poverty.

PS: Im not calling christians horrible ppl (even though many might be) but merely criticizing their very institution.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 20:44
    DoctorScribbles
    Just So Gangsta

0 recommendations
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    First of all, don't attempt to make an argument that I am not making. It only serves to propogate your silliness.

The witch tests of the past employed scientific methods, regardless of the bone-headedness their assumptions.

Astronomy and astrology also employ scientific methods, with a significant distinction. Whereas they both observe and note m ...[text shortened]... , astrology places significance on such movement while astronomy places no meaning on the same.

Retard.

Reply Reply & Quote

Would he know it if he was?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '07 02:10
    I can see where you are coming from whodey. but the thing is USSR and China didn't implement communism, as it was meant to be implemented in the original theory. The thing about communism is that it has to be implemented after a certain stage of capitalism. Neither the USSR or China were even in the initial stage of capitalism.

As naive as it may so ...[text shortened]... stians horrible ppl (even though many might be) but merely criticizing their very institution.
    You are approaching this topic from the premise that one needs to be a "true communist". How would you defind a "true communist"?

I think the biggest fault of this ideology is not taking into consideration man's nature which is based in selfishness. People take care of #1 first and formost. People will find a way to get ahead no matter the system of goverment they find themselves under. Therefore, people will either find a legal means to get ahead or people will find an illegal means to do so thus undermining the legitimate economy of a particular country as did happen in the USSR.

As for the Christian perspective, I was refering to the Christian perspective in terms of what scripture says and not merely by those professing to live thier lives by such teachings. In fact, there is a great number of references to the poor in the Bible and by all indications we will be held accountable for how we approach this problem.

I stand by my statement that forcing people to do what is against their will is inherently a wrong approach. The goal is to change ones nature, not to punish and enslave ones current nature.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree