1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 01:53
    Even though there are areas of my life that aren't what I would like them to be, I can't complain.

But I am aware that for the majority of the human race life is a struggle. I can't imagine having to spend all day just looking for something to eat.

We all know what the Christian has to say as to why this condition exists for most people, but putting that aside , what practical solutions for relieving the suffering of the poor and indigent do you think would be of help?

Why does this condition continue to exist?
    What are they main reasons for the disparity?
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 02:11
    Originally posted by josephw
    Even though there are areas of my life that aren't what I would like them to be, I can't complain.

But I am aware that for the majority of the human race life is a struggle. I can't imagine having to spend all day just looking for something to eat.

We all know what the Christian has to say as to why this condition exists for most people, but putting th ...[text shortened]...

God likes when we suffer, it amuses Him. God also knows when you suffer and need His help, but He won't do anything for you unless you get on your knees and let Him in your heart.

Even then, he just might decide he doesn't want to help you... He might even smite you. He likes doing things like that.

P-
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 07:06
    We all know what the Christian has to say as to why this condition exists for most people, but putting that aside , what practical solutions for relieving the suffering of the poor and indigent do you think would be of help?
    What can you do to help?
    1. Put as much pressure on your government as you can for them to do something about it.
    2. Help personally where you can.
    I don't believe that giving money to the poor is the best way, rather find out as much as you can about them first and see where best you can help.
    What poor countries really need most is education.

Well we are not communists are we. 🙂
    Most political systems are far from perfect and do not in general encourage equality for all. My favorite political system is the benevolent dictator but those are hard to come by. Dictatorship can be much more efficient and focused than democracy but too often the focus becomes all about staying in power.
    Global politics is not that different from the average democracy - everyone out for themselves. Currently the powers that could truly make the most difference are the US and the EU as both are intentionally keeping other areas of the world poor for their own benefits.
  4. England
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 11:34
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    God likes when we suffer, it amuses Him. God also knows when you suffer and need His help, but He won't do anything for you unless you get on your knees and let Him in your heart.

Even then, he just might decide he doesn't want to help you... He might even smite you. He likes doing things like that.

P-
    I belive god does not want us to suffer, but this world is full of greed, coruption, etc and this is how we walk the decivers way. this was the start at adam and as the world turned so did our faults. If he wants us to suffer then the promise of eternal life with him would be hollow, but to them that overcome thier ways then glory awaiats, others beware.
  5. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 11:381 edit

We all know what the Christian has to say as to why this condition exists for most people, but putting th ...[text shortened]...

You are American and you dare to ASK??
    Capitalism, Globalization.
    Practical solutions: stop interfering with other nations sovereignty and development.
    The same goes for UK and France, but the US are the most evident.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 12:33
    .....We all know what the Christian has to say as to why this condition exists for most people, but putting that aside ......?
    Actually I dont know ... Can you enlighten me?
    What exactly do Christians say about this 'condition' ?
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 15:24
    Originally posted by stoker
    I belive god does not want us to suffer, but this world is full of greed, coruption, etc and this is how we walk the decivers way. this was the start at adam and as the world turned so did our faults. If he wants us to suffer then the promise of eternal life with him would be hollow, but to them that overcome thier ways then glory awaiats, others beware.
    Explain why he used Job as a toy in a bet with Satan.

Thanx.

P-
  8. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 15:35
    Explain why he used Job as a toy in a bet with Satan.

Thanx.

P-
    To prove to Satan how loyal man can be!!!
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 15:46
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    To prove to Satan how loyal man can be!!!
    Satan already knew... he just wanted Job punished and God was sucker enough to do it.

P-
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 16:22

Give a man a fish and he eats for the day. Teach a man to fish and eats for a lifetime.
  11. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 17:03
    Satan already knew... he just wanted Job punished and God was sucker enough to do it.

P-
    Explain to me please how Satan already knew!!!
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 17:39

We need more abortions and fewer people on the planet. We need old people to check out earlier. That's the root of most of the problems with global warming which causes droughts and more suffering. We have more carbon emmisions not because we have more cars, but because we have more people.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 18:40
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    [b]What can you do to help?
    1. Put as much pressure on your government as you can for them to do something about it.
    2. Help personally where you can.
    I don't believe that giving money to the poor is the best way, rather find out as much as you can about them first and see where best you can help.
    What poor countries really need most is education.
    Do you see a contradiction here? At first you say have government shell out more money to the poor but on the other hand you say that simply shelling out money to the poor mindlessly is not the best way.
  14. The sky
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 18:43
    Originally posted by whodey
    Do you see a contradiction here? At first you say have government shell out more money to the poor but on the other hand you say that simply shelling out money to the poor mindlessly is not the best way.
    How does "to do something about it" equal "to shell out more money to the poor"?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 18:461 edit
    What are they main reasons for the disparity?[/b]
    If one blames the increasing population as a reason the question then must be asked what of a thousand years ago? Was it still not the same if worse in terms of the haves/have nots? It is simply the human condition, so don't buy into the arguments for abortion/eugenics/euthenasia etc. All aspects of our existence are flawed including our economical systems. Christ said that the poor you will have with you ALWAYS, yet this did not prevent him from reaching out to the poor and being an advocate for the poor just like he made it a point to heal peoples infirmities even though such infirmities persist in our present human condition.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree