1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 May '05 07:46
    Originally posted by xxxenophobe
    The fear of God is the beginnig of Wisdom....

yikes... all i gotta say.
    Psalms 111:10 - The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Proverbs 1:7 - The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 8:13 - The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way....
  2. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    27 May '05 09:02
    Originally posted by chinking58
    I'm thinking an answer that fills in this blank would be very telling!

How about some serious comments, without the lewd and the rude.

I'll set a tone and we'll see what happens.

Life is too short for....

....living as if I was descended from a monkey!

....getting involved in another season of The Apprentice!

....getting overly invo ...[text shortened]...
    ....not stopping to stick my nose in a bunch of lilacs during their short season.

What else?
    Life is too short to not to accept the Salvation Of JESUS CHRIST.
    Life is too short to have hate and anger in your heart.
    Life is too short to not tell others about the love of GOD.
    Life is too short not to have peace within oneself.
    Life is too short not to do soul searching within one self and to be honest with the understanding that you come up with.
  3. NY
    Moves
    27 May '05 09:052 edits
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Life is too short to not to accept the Salvation Of JESUS CHRIST.
    Life is too short to have hate and anger in your heart.
    Life is too short to not tell others about the love of GOD.
    Life is too short not to have peace within ones ...[text shortened]... elf and to be honest with the understanding that you come up with.
    im not christian sorry

anger is needed to compair compasion to

my gods love me

and with the right lighting.. a good bottle of wine... and a nice album on... i am verry peacfull

soul searching is done by the second
  4. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    27 May '05 09:24
    im not christian sorry

anger is needed to compair compasion to

my gods love me

and with the right lighting.. a good bottle of wine... and a nice album on... i am verry peacfull

soul searching is done by the second
    Do you mean, that your god accepts you, with anger in your heart.
  5. NY
    Moves
    27 May '05 09:28
    Do you mean, that your god accepts you, with anger in your heart.
    Absolutely... its natural.. if you yank on a BigCats tail.. does it not rip your frign arm off... and im sure my gods love the lil kitties to 😛 i am no different.. no better.... no worse...
  6. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    27 May '05 09:38
    Absolutely... its natural.. if you yank on a BigCats tail.. does it not rip your frign arm off... and im sure my gods love the lil kitties to 😛 i am no different.. no better.... no worse...
    well that is something. My GOD'S Salvation makes you a new person. HE makes changes in your life, when you accept the Salvation that comes through The Love of JESUS CHRIST.
  7. NY
    Moves
    27 May '05 09:46
    well that is something. My GOD'S Salvation makes you a new person. HE makes changes in your life, when you accept the Salvation that comes through The Love of JESUS CHRIST.
    I dont want to be "a new person".. i like me... sod off... and salvation by some thing i dont believe in... good luck with that.. im fine and happy with my beliefs... beliefs that have ben around longer than the paper your old interpritations of third hand accounts of cousins uncles friends about a burning bush and a single guy comn off a hill with a book and says obey this od go to HELL... basing there hollidays to overlap older gods holidays to try to oppress there beliefs and addopting symbols and rituals and all asortments of things from others... pshhh... thats about it... pshh... you pray to yor book... and ill walk through the woods on a moonlit night with happieness in my heart feeling the power and presence of purity....
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 May '05 11:39
    I dont want to be "a new person".. i like me... sod off... and salvation by some thing i dont believe in... good luck with that.. im fine and happy with my beliefs... beliefs that have ben around longer than the paper your old interpritations of third hand accounts of cousins uncles friends about a burning bush and a single guy comn off a hill with a b ...[text shortened]... oods on a moonlit night with happieness in my heart feeling the power and presence of purity....
    A day might come when the very foundations of your beliefs are shaken. What then?

I'm afraid if your beliefs are not built on The solid ROCK, the little house of your belief system built upon the sand will crumble in the storms to come.
  9. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    27 May '05 14:24
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    Surely, if life is short, we should live on our knees to best look it in the eye?
    That was funny! Get's a rec. I think people missed it.
  10. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    27 May '05 14:28
    Life is too short to read all my books.

Life is too short to waste time on this site. (not that it stops me)

Life is too short - but I am glad death has lost it's sting.

11. Joined
    30 Mar '05
    Moves
    27 May '05 14:55
    I dont want to be "a new person".. i like me... sod off... and salvation by some thing i dont believe in... good luck with that.. im fine and happy with my beliefs... beliefs that have ben around longer than the paper your old interpritations of third hand accounts of cousins uncles friends about a burning bush and a single guy comn off a hill with a b ...[text shortened]... oods on a moonlit night with happieness in my heart feeling the power and presence of purity....
    I have to say something, I just can't help it. You don't consider yourself Pagan, you consider yourself Wiccian. Wicca has only been around for roughly 60 years and Paganism is a group term for early earth based religions. It doesn't matter though, just because a religion is older or younger doesn't make it any less "right". What is "right" can only be determined by faith. Also, before you posted this comment not one person criticized your religion though someone did ask a question which should be fine, expecially on a board. Even though you did not say these things to me I take it personally, it is my faith too!! And that's why I don't post on these boards or hardly read them because I don't like reading what you have to say about my religion, about me.
  12. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    27 May '05 15:04
    Originally posted by SomeBadThings
    What is "right" can only be determined by faith.
    Could you elaborate on this idea?

@Coletti: Thanks 🙂.
  13. Joined
    30 Mar '05
    Moves
    27 May '05 15:21
    Could you elaborate on this idea?

@Coletti: Thanks 🙂.
    Gladly.

I myself believe that the only right, true, correct, real, etc. religion is Christianity. But no one in their right mind would practice a religion that they didn't believe in and so that's why I put right in quotation marks. Everyone that practices a religion thinks that their's is right. I don't believe that anyone can prove a religion with facts that would satisfy a nonbeliever or someone who is not ready to believe and so what a person believes or doesn't believe comes down to a matter of faith, for any religion, not just Christianity.

Hmm.. I'm even a little confused now.
  14. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    27 May '05 15:30
    Originally posted by SomeBadThings
    Gladly.

I myself believe that the only right, true, correct, real, etc. religion is Christianity. But no one in their right mind would practice a religion that they didn't believe in and so that's why I put right in quotation marks. Everyone that practices a religion thinks that their's is right. I don't believe that anyone can prove a reli ...[text shortened]... of faith, for any religion, not just Christianity.

Hmm.. I'm even a little confused now.
    How do you choose what you have faith in?
  15. Joined
    30 Mar '05
    Moves
    27 May '05 15:39
    How do you choose what you have faith in?
    How does anyone choose? How does someone choose not to believe? When I was really little my parents took me to church but I wouldn't say this made me have faith. I walked away, God pulled me back. I walked away again and God pulled me back again. I can't expalin it, I just know it's true. And that's exactly what faith is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree