1. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    27 May '05 15:59
    Originally posted by SomeBadThings
    How does anyone choose? How does someone choose not to believe? When I was really little my parents took me to church but I wouldn't say this made me have faith. I walked away, God pulled me back. I walked away again and God pulled me back again. I can't expalin it, I just know it's true. And that's exactly what faith is.
    Forgive me for pressing this since you said you can't explain it, but what does it feel like when God 'pulls you back'?
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    27 May '05 17:28
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Life is too short to live on your knees. Life is too short to worship idols. Life is too short to act out of fear.

I absolutely agree !
  3. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    27 May '05 20:49
    Originally posted by Coletti
    That was funny! Get's a rec. I think people missed it.
    Oh no! That was funny! (I just got it!)
  4. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    27 May '05 20:54
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Life is too short to live on your knees. Life is too short to worship idols. Life is too short to act out of fear.
    1. agreed
    2. agreed
    3. unless one acts out of fear, life is generally shorter still!

In raising kids I found that imparting fear (of crossing roads carelessly, ingesting poisons, uncontrolled gravity, eating lima beans etc.) was one of my chief obligations.

Life is too short....to do all the things I want to do!
  5. NY
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:31
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    A day might come when the very foundations of your beliefs are shaken. What then?

I'm afraid if your beliefs are not built on The solid ROCK, the little house of your belief system built upon the sand will crumble in the storms to come.
    are you retarded sereously...

What if it is your systm that is some day shaken .. oh no..
  6. NY
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:34
    I have to say something, I just can't help it. You don't consider yourself Pagan, you consider yourself Wiccian. Wicca has only been around for roughly 60 years and Paganism is a group term for early earth based religions. It doesn't matter though, just because a religion is older or younger doesn't make it any less "right". What is "right" ...[text shortened]... hardly read them because I don't like reading what you have to say about my religion, about me.
    You can worship Pagan traditions and be wiccan... and Wicca true hs only ben around for Technichly 60yrs... but the traditions and beliefs have ben around longer than Christianity... and you are corect.. nothing can nore should shake some one besides pure FAITH in ones religion... its up to each person... nothing i say should offend you.. im just stating my beliefs... right or wrong if i offend you with my beliefs.. you shouldnt read these forums...
  7. NY
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:36
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    How do you choose what you have faith in?
    Mostly environment.. and in my opinion reading abbout other religions and making an educated desision on your lifestile and thoughts of what you percieve to be true... or plausable..
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:37
    Life is too short not to do soul searching within one self and to be honest with the understanding that you come up with.

For once, I agree with something you say.
  9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:40
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    A day might come when the very foundations of your beliefs are shaken. What then?

I'm afraid if your beliefs are not built on The solid ROCK, the little house of your belief system built upon the sand will crumble in the storms to come.
    Happened to me once before in matters like these. If it happens again, then I'm sure something will come of it.

The question is "are you the kind of person who could have a philosophy-shaking happen in your life?"
  10. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:44
    Gladly.

I myself believe that the only right, true, correct, real, etc. religion is Christianity. But no one in their right mind would practice a religion that they didn't believe in and so that's why I put right in quotation marks. Everyone that practices a religion thinks that their's is right. I don't believe that anyone can prove a reli ...[text shortened]... of faith, for any religion, not just Christianity.

Hmm.. I'm even a little confused now.
    I know exactly what you are talking about. Had the same realization myself a handful of years back. I wouldn't call going back to God, faith. To put it bluntly, I'd call it conditioning.
  11. NY
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 07:21
    Originally posted by telerion
    I know exactly what you are talking about. Had the same realization myself a handful of years back. I wouldn't call going back to God, faith. To put it bluntly, I'd call it conditioning.
    Brain washing works as a term to..lol
  12. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 21:16
    Life is too short to have the sewer auger stuck 65' down the drain! (or anyfeet down for that matter)

13. Standard membermaybeONEday
    Official Bitch
    US of A
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 21:26
    Life is too short to sleep. Less sleep = more living!
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 21:37
    Originally posted by maybeONEday
    Life is too short to sleep. Less sleep = more living!
    I wish I could get away with that. I heard Thomas Edison cut his sleep back to 2 hours a night.
  15. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 23:24
    Originally posted by telerion
    I wish I could get away with that. I heard Thomas Edison cut his sleep back to 2 hours a night.

That's why he invented the electric light bulb.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree