1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 May '12 13:213 edits
    Originally posted by humy
    How are you so quick to be sure that it is impossible ?

I can answer for him:
    you said:
    I have read that microscopic organisms can float to the highest atmospheres on earth. Then solar winds can blow them out through space.

well, what you read is false because it is physically impossible because the solar wind can on at a microbe would survive. But I am not an expert on this so I could be wrong about that part.
    On your first paragraph, the word I used "float" was imprecise. Needless to say, I did read the article. I don't recall from what source. But I gather that if I could get hold of it again, it probably implied microscopic life forced up into the upper atmonspheres

On the second point, I did not say these microscopic life remnants would necessarily survive interstellar space blowing. But I think I used the term fossils.

Anyway, it would be wise, if microscopic fossils of life were found on Mars, to include in our considerations - "Could they also have come from Earth ?"

Do you disagree that it would be appropriate to include that consideration ? That is to ask if their place of origin could have been where we KNOW such things exist ? Or would you not bother to even consider that line of questioning ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree