1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    07 Jul '15 16:57
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_war

    So religion has very few wars against other religions? Not according to this Wiki.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    08 Jul '15 09:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_war

    So religion has very few wars against other religions? Not according to this Wiki.
    do you believe that, if religion didn't exist, people wouldn't find other reasons to fight for?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    08 Jul '15 10:24
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    do you believe that, if religion didn't exist, people wouldn't find other reasons to fight for?
    Obviously not, there will be wars but at least they will be honest battles not driven by non existent gods as excuses where mindless dogma rules.
  4. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    08 Jul '15 11:13
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Obviously not, there will be wars but at least they will be honest battles not driven by non existent gods as excuses where mindless dogma rules.
    So you consider it "mindless dogma" to fight for freedom?

    In any "battle" either one is right and the other is wrong, or both are wrong, but both can't be right!

    Who's is the righteous cause sonhouse? That's the question you should be asking yourself. Are you the judge? Are you the one who decides the righteous standard?

    You'll never know the truth sifting through the rubble of human history.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    08 Jul '15 11:49
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Obviously not, there will be wars but at least they will be honest battles not driven by non existent gods as excuses where mindless dogma rules.
    people die lives are ruined, but one just feels better if you admit you wanted my land, not to convert me.

    the bible tells the story about the genocide of the canaanites and they keep going on and on about how wicked they were in their idol worshiping ways and how they needed to die. how much better would the story be if they just admitted "you canaanites have some pretty sweet land, i am going to kill you all because i am too lazy/suk at governing to assimilate you and deal with potential future uprisings"
  6. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    08 Jul '15 12:02
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    people die lives are ruined, but one just feels better if you admit you wanted my land, not to convert me.

    the bible tells the story about the genocide of the canaanites and they keep going on and on about how wicked they were in their idol worshiping ways and how they needed to die. how much better would the story be if they just admitted "you canaani ...[text shortened]... cause i am too lazy/suk at governing to assimilate you and deal with potential future uprisings"
    Too bad you don't know what the Bible actually says about it!

    It was God that gave the land "flowing with milk and honey" to the Israelites, and that the Canaanite were some of the worst human beings living. And it wasn't just some harmless idol worshipping they were doing.

    You don't know the whole story either. As it turned out God had to eventually cause the total destruction of Jerusalem and enslavement of "God's chosen people" because they fell into the same practice of "wickedness" of the Canaanites.

    God is an equal opportunity destroyer of the wicked. And righteously so!
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    08 Jul '15 12:15
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    people die lives are ruined, but one just feels better if you admit you wanted my land, not to convert me.

    the bible tells the story about the genocide of the canaanites and they keep going on and on about how wicked they were in their idol worshiping ways and how they needed to die. how much better would the story be if they just admitted "you canaani ...[text shortened]... cause i am too lazy/suk at governing to assimilate you and deal with potential future uprisings"
    What he said🙂
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    08 Jul '15 12:58
    Originally posted by josephw
    Too bad you don't know what the Bible actually says about it!

    It was God that gave the land "flowing with milk and honey" to the Israelites, and that the Canaanite were some of the worst human beings living. And it wasn't just some harmless idol worshipping they were doing.

    You don't know the whole story either. As it turned out God had to eventually c ...[text shortened]... " of the Canaanites.

    God is an equal opportunity destroyer of the wicked. And righteously so!
    "It was God that gave the land "flowing with milk and honey" to the Israelites"
    yep

    "the Canaanite were some of the worst human beings living"
    so we're told. the truth is, they were no worse than the other barbarians who lived in the region. and for one thing, they didn't commit genocide to get those lands like some israelites did. they had a society, conducted trade with their neighbours, lived their lives.

    aside from biblical texts, which are unclear on what exactly that evil is, you have absolutely no proof.


    "As it turned out God had to eventually cause the total destruction of Jerusalem and enslavement of "God's chosen people""
    they were conquered by a bigger nation and what is most important, they were not destroyed. they were enslaved (occupied). as were all the conquered nation everywhere.


    "God is an equal opportunity destroyer of the wicked."
    in the bible, he is only so when someone is in the way of his favourite people. and he is in the mood. there are plenty of civilizations throughout history who did some pretty bad stuff but they were not destroyed.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    08 Jul '15 13:12
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "It was God that gave the land "flowing with milk and honey" to the Israelites"
    yep

    "the Canaanite were some of the worst human beings living"
    so we're told. the truth is, they were no worse than the other barbarians who lived in the region. and for one thing, they didn't commit genocide to get those lands like some israelites did. they had a society, ...[text shortened]... y of civilizations throughout history who did some pretty bad stuff but they were not destroyed.
    Like century 20 where a hundred million were killed, 6 million Jews but not a peep from this crazy god.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    08 Jul '15 14:07
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_war

    So religion has very few wars against other religions? Not according to this Wiki.
    There have been many wars involving religious issues, but not all.

    What is clear is that all wars are fought by collectivists. Collectivists have a 100% kill rate when it comes to war whether they do so in the name of God or otherwise.

    The US started down this road with the Civil War, and then ramped things up with the collectivist Wilson and FDR for WW1 and WW2. Since that time the US has been fighting wars about every year since.

    Collectivism = world wide conquering armies. It is impossible to do without it.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    08 Jul '15 16:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    There have been many wars involving religious issues, but not all.

    What is clear is that all wars are fought by collectivists. Collectivists have a 100% kill rate when it comes to war whether they do so in the name of God or otherwise.

    The US started down this road with the Civil War, and then ramped things up with the collectivist Wilson and FDR for W ...[text shortened]... year since.

    Collectivism = world wide conquering armies. It is impossible to do without it.
    So it's ok that literally many millions died in century 20 and ok there was not a word from your lord.
  12. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    08 Jul '15 22:25
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "It was God that gave the land "flowing with milk and honey" to the Israelites"
    yep

    "the Canaanite were some of the worst human beings living"
    so we're told. the truth is, they were no worse than the other barbarians who lived in the region. and for one thing, they didn't commit genocide to get those lands like some israelites did. they had a society, ...[text shortened]... y of civilizations throughout history who did some pretty bad stuff but they were not destroyed.
    As an unbeliever you sure believe a lot of BS.
  13. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    08 Jul '15 22:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Like century 20 where a hundred million were killed, 6 million Jews but not a peep from this crazy god.
    If you were God and nobody listened to you, would you talk to them?

    God speaks to those who believe and listen. The world is corrupted and at war precisely because nobody listens. That's why, and you can bet your life on it, Jesus will return and end it all Himself.

    If you think science will end the conflict, then you're fooling yourself. Science only produces more means of mass destruction with every increase of technology, in the hands of unregenerate man.
  14. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8660
    08 Jul '15 22:421 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So it's ok that literally many millions died in century 20 and ok there was not a word from your lord.
    Do you mean that a new Bible should have been written during that time ? That Bible was 1600 years in the making.

    You are suggesting that in a couple of years God should have given the world an immediately relevant second Bible ?

    Do you think each human calamity should be followed by a new update of the Bible ?

    How about the events in history send us BACK to the one Bible to look more closely and re-examine what we have been told for all time?
  15. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8660
    08 Jul '15 22:472 edits
    For those of you with hard statistics on wars fought and people killed because of religion -

    Do you have any hard stats on wars that did not take place and people who did not get killed because of religious influences ?

    Any statistics on conflicts averted because someone/s somewhere was under the influence of a religious concept?

    How do you make a comparison unless you have hard stats on both phenomenon ?

    How many people were not killed today because of either the prayers of someone or the reaction of someone based upon some religious concept ?
Back to Top