1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Jul '15 23:19
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So it's ok that literally many millions died in century 20 and ok there was not a word from your lord.
    Men have always murdered each other since the days of Cain and Able.

It's just that the more people there are in the world the more tend to be murdered.

Who said anything about God not having something to say about it and who said it was OK? I don't think Jesus much liked the idea of going to the cross and being murdered either.
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jul '15 01:04
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_war

So religion has very few wars against other religions? Not according to this Wiki.
    What do you expect false religion to do?..................spread love of God and kindness to all men or something.

False religion spreads falsehoods and egotistical ritualistic practices..............which agitates the senses to war with others.

Take for example Islam during their Holy month of Ramada................there is more animal slaughter and over eating than any other month.

The fasting during Ramada is a joke...................because they rise early before sunrise and eat themselves silly, and after sundown they stuff themselves with feasting on flesh of slaughtered goats.

Their fasting amounts to missing lunch.

Half the world misses lunch every day.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Jul '15 01:101 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    What do you expect false religion to do?..................spread love of God and kindness to all men or something.

False religion spreads falsehoods and egotistical ritualistic practices..............which agitates the senses to war with others.

Take for example Islam during their Holy month of Ramada................there is more animal slaughter and ove ...[text shortened]... ered goats.

Their fasting amounts to missing lunch.

Half the world misses lunch every day.
    "What do you expect false religion to do?..................spread love of God and kindness to all men or something."

What do you expect true religion to do?...................spread hatred of God and meanness to all men or something? 🙄
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jul '15 10:20
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"What do you expect false religion to do?..................spread love of God and kindness to all men or something."

What do you expect true religion to do?...................spread hatred of God and meanness to all men or something? 🙄[/b]
    Yeah, you can just SEE the love, say in the Crusades or the witch burnings in Salem or the killing of children by Boko Haram. Pretty much 100% in the name of a god.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Jul '15 11:24
    Originally posted by josephw
    As an unbeliever you sure believe a lot of BS.
    heh, yes, absent any proof to the contrary whatsoever, i chose to believe a group of people were not in such a way cartoon evil that they would have trouble sustaining a functioning society.

i can see the stupidity behind a story that summarized is basically
    "the canaanites sacrifice children and are evil, let's go kill them all including their children"
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jul '15 22:00
    Yeah, you can just SEE the love, say in the Crusades or the witch burnings in Salem or the killing of children by Boko Haram. Pretty much 100% in the name of a god.
    These were done by evil men. Evil men have nothing to do with God. God to them is merely an excuse to kill other men.

Actual religion has nothing to do with this. Evil men will seek to gain advantage in every facet of human life. Pretty much 100% NOT in the name of a god, unless their god is themselves.
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '15 17:20
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    do you believe that, if religion didn't exist, people wouldn't find other reasons to fight for?
    The question is not whether there would be no wars if religion didn't exist.

The question is if their would be fewer wars than there are/have been if religion didn't exist.

In other words "does religion make things worse?".

I think it's pretty much indisputable based on the available evidence that religions and religious thinking
    on net makes things worse.

One of the major advantages of secular morality [as an example] is that because it is not based on the
    whim of a[n imaginary] being who has dictated a set of [supposedly] immutable moral laws.
    We can discuss and evaluate our moral values and when we find a conflict or a flaw we are free to change
    and improve our values through discussion and reason and evidence.
    Whereas if your morals are supposedly handed down by god [or your interpretation of them] you are not
    free to just change them when there is a conflict or change of circumstance and this leads to conflict and
    argument between those of different religions and different interpretations. Which in the extreme can and
    does lead to wars between those of differing faith.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jul '15 18:45
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    These were done by evil men. Evil men have nothing to do with God. God to them is merely an excuse to kill other men.

Actual religion has nothing to do with this. Evil men will seek to gain advantage in every facet of human life. Pretty much 100% NOT in the name of a god, unless their god is themselves.
    So it must have been ok for your god to have let 100 million people be killed by evil men with not a whisper of protest. So by extension, your god would have just as easily let one BILLION die the same way, maybe TEN billion dying the same way. Just what does it take your your god to say ENOUGH?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jul '15 19:50
    So it must have been ok for your god to have let 100 million people be killed by evil men with not a whisper of protest. So by extension, your god would have just as easily let one BILLION die the same way, maybe TEN billion dying the same way. Just what does it take your your god to say ENOUGH?
    Yes, it is okay for my God to let people learn by doing, even if that learning requires that millions of people die. My God has the power to raise them up in the last days and judge all people fairly. 😏

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '15 21:07
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    The question is not whether there would be no wars if religion didn't exist.

The question is if their would be fewer wars than there are/have been if religion didn't exist.

In other words "does religion make things worse?".

I think it's pretty much indisputable based on the available evidence that religions and religious thinking
    on net makes ...[text shortened]... erpretations. Which in the extreme can and
    does lead to wars between those of differing faith.
    if there would be no religion, some will find a different kind of philosophy to murder people over.
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '15 21:49
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    if there would be no religion, some will find a different kind of philosophy to murder people over.
    The fact that the per-capita chance of suffering a violent death has massively decreased in modern
    times around the world and particularly in the west clearly shows that it is not true that if causes
    of human conflict are removed or reduced that others will simply move in to replace them.

Thus the argument that there is no point removing or reducing religion because we will simply find
    something else to fight over has no merit.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jul '15 16:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes, it is okay for my God to let people learn by doing, even if that learning requires that millions of people die. My God has the power to raise them up in the last days and judge all people fairly. 😏

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    So for you, the one with ZERO compassion, the millions tortured means nothing, AND you know that not only will they be tortured on Earth but atheists, Muslims, Hindu's and such will suffer here on Earth, only to be tortured forever in your bullshyte hell.

Oh yes, sign me up, you have such a compassionate god. NOT.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree