1. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    19 Nov '14 16:32
    Red pill or blue pill?

There is often a YELLOW pill, which was not obvious before, maybe not to either party, and often only after real outside-the-box thinking.

Try to avoid dualism like the plague.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Nov '14 16:381 edit
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Red pill or blue pill?

There is often a YELLOW pill, which was not obvious before, maybe not to either party, and often only after real outside-the-box thinking.

What other way as an alternative, besides dualism, should one choose then?
    If you propose another way, don't look now, but that is dualism.
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    19 Nov '14 16:44
    Red pill or blue pill?

There's the danger taking the yellow pill just turns you into a coward.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Nov '14 17:04
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    To change one's perspective or attitude on some matter is also to change reality in some respect, owing to the fact that our mental lives are a component of reality. This is something that I think vistesd has referred to as the "inseparable entanglement" of our mentality and reality. That is to say, our mental attitudes are not somehow wholly separate f ...[text shortened]... t. Yes it can; but it would seem to be a very poor, impoverished approach to meeting that goal.
    ".., our mental attitudes are not somehow wholly separate from reality but also intimately entangled up with it."

Well, don't just leave it hanging there! 😉

I believe "reality" exists independent of our attitudes as a constant. Reality doesn't change no matter what we may think of it. On the other hand, reality shapes who we are and how we think as long as our perceptions are unencumbered by false ideas.

It is a false idea that we shape reality by what and how we think. If one thinks our thoughts can change reality, I will sell you the Brooklyn bridge dirt cheap.

That isn't to say we have no say in what one can do with reality.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Nov '14 17:21
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    ...is not something one is supposed to do. However, if the current reality is not acceptable, is it possible that living in denial of that reality is a method of changing it?
    I would say yes, since this a spiritual forum. The way I see it is not the way you see it. Let me explain....faith in a promise God made is my reality, even if I do not see it manifested in the senses realm.
    Since faith is required in something I cannot see, it is difficult obviously. This is what Atheist have difficulty understanding about Christians.
    Let's say a person has an incurable disease, according to man's standard. Then that person hears about faith in Christ, reads the promise that Christ has already provided healing. Then when said person, believes the promise, he/she gets healed. I have seen this many times in others and myself.
    Here are some examples...
    http://www.awmi.net/extra/healing
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '14 21:45
    Red pill or blue pill?

I dont think the red-blue pill thing is dualism. Well maybe some will interpret it like that , but I didn't.

the true red pill contains the blue pill within it - if you want to go down the duality argument 🙂
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    19 Nov '14 22:18
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I would say yes, since this a spiritual forum. The way I see it is not the way you see it. Let me explain....faith in a promise God made is my reality, even if I do not see it manifested in the senses realm.
    Since faith is required in something I cannot see, it is difficult obviously. This is what Atheist have difficulty understanding about Christians. ...[text shortened]... s many times in others and myself.
    Here are some examples...
    http://www.awmi.net/extra/healing
    I'm a bit surprised at this response. As a theist, I would think you consider God's existence a reality. Perhaps you didn't mean your post to sound that way.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Nov '14 22:34
    I'm a bit surprised at this response. As a theist, I would think you consider God's existence a reality. Perhaps you didn't mean your post to sound that way.
    No I did not, God is very much a reality, and I explained why he is not to you.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    20 Nov '14 05:46
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    No I did not, God is very much a reality, and I explained why he is not to you.
    "a reality" is quite different from "my reality"
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Nov '14 06:22
    "a reality" is quite different from "my reality"
    It is your understanding that is different.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Nov '14 14:29
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    There's the danger taking the yellow pill just turns you into a coward.
    I'd rather be a live coward than a dead hero.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    20 Nov '14 15:34
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Doesn't that depend on what is at stake?
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Nov '14 16:10
    What will a live coward be when he is dead? 🙄
  14. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    20 Nov '14 16:49
    What if the cowardice caused others harm? If I failed to act and take on a risk I'd have to live with the consequences of that so that in the end risking my own life might be the easier choice.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Nov '14 23:13
    Originally posted by josephw
    What will a live coward be when he is dead? 🙄
    Maybe a candidate for the Lake of Fire and Brimstone.

"But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

(Revelation 21:8)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree