1. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 May '07 13:45
    Never work with animals,children and never discuss religion or politics at the dinner table....my pa's advice on a long life!!!!!

Whats your advice?
  2. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    22 May '07 14:42
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    Never work with animals,children and never discuss religion or politics at the dinner table....my pa's advice on a long life!!!!!

Whats your advice?
    Don't commit suicide.
  3. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 May '07 14:47
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Don't commit suicide.
    That has to be far better than my dad's.... thanks for that....apart from suicide...any more tips?
  4. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    22 May '07 14:54
    All things in moderation always seemed a solid philosophy.
  5. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 May '07 14:55
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    All things in moderation always seemed a solid philosophy.
    Doesn't always work...... mega healthy relative of mine dropped dead at 42 in front of his kids.... never smoked,drank could not stand junk food....😳
  6. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    22 May '07 14:57
    Doesn't always work...... mega healthy relative of mine dropped dead at 42 in front of his kids.... never smoked,drank could not stand junk food....😳
    I'm surprised he lived that long if he didn't drink or smoke!! 🙄
  7. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    22 May '07 14:59
    I don't want you to think I'm taking a stab at the misfortune of your family, because that would never be my intention here. But it doesn't sound like your relative was living a life of moderation. It sounds like he was living a life of self-imposed depravation.
  8. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 May '07 15:03
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    I don't want you to think I'm taking a stab at the misfortune of your family, because that would never be my intention here. But it doesn't sound like your relative was living a life of moderation. It sounds like he was living a life of self-imposed depravation.
    No offence taken..... he just did not like those things... liked to keep fit,eat healthy(he was a veggie)..... when he went to pubs he drank lemonade....maybe too much lemonade and secondary smoke did him in !!!!!😞
  9. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 May '07 15:04
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    I'm surprised he lived that long if he didn't drink or smoke!! 🙄
    Your sensitivity overwhelms me.....
  10. Gangster Land
    Moves
    22 May '07 15:31

Whats your advice?
    Whenever you have the opportunity...be generous.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 May '07 22:01
    I've only made it to 30, so I'm not sure I'm a good one to ask.
  12. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 May '07 12:55
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I've only made it to 30, so I'm not sure I'm a good one to ask.
    Tell me anyway....its an achievement to reach 30 !!!!!!
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 May '07 13:191 edit

Whats your advice?
    Do you just want a long life or a long and happy life?
    I am sure that many of lifes risks can be reduced or avoided at the expense of happiness. For example car accidents account for a significant number of deaths so you could avoid driving whenever reasonable.

There are no guarantees so giving an example of someone who followed some advice and died young is not proof that the advice is poor.

I wonder how avoiding religion and politics at the diner table improves your prospects. I suppose you get to keep your spouse longer thus providing you with a better chance of a long life?

Regular medical checkups would be a big one. My guess is that a significant proportion of deaths could have been avoided (or delayed) if the sickness was discovered earlier and treated effectively.
  14. Joined
    24 Jun '05
    Moves
    24 May '07 17:54

Whats your advice?
    Don´t become a teacher.
  15. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 May '07 19:48

Whats your advice?
    It's not about living long. It's about living well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree