1. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 03:081 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    8 And Judah said to Onan, “Go in to your brother’s wife and marry her, and raise up an heir to your brother.” 9 But Onan knew that the heir would not be his; and it came to pass, when [b]he went in to his brother’s wife, that he emitted on the ground, lest he should give an heir to his brother.

The bolded part makes it sound like he did actually bang her.[/b]
    Yep. He was supposed to be fulfilling the levirite vow by giving his brother’s ex children in his brother’s name. As I say, the banging was not the problem (he was supposed to be doing that)—it was the backing out...

What exactry makes people think that has anything to with this other matter, and why they call that "Onanism", is beyond me...
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 19:05
    Originally posted by vistesd
    What exactry makes people think that has anything to with this other matter, and why they call that "Onanism", is beyond me...
    Yeah, that was my point.
  3. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 23:511 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Yeah, that was my point.
    Mine too. 🙂 On a re-read, I see now that I misunderstood your first post. Mea cupola. (Pun alert.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree