Originally posted by king ciref
    is it a force or an emotion
    It's a deed. Something one does.
  3. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    01 Oct '09 00:28
    All of the above...and all of the below...
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '09 00:151 edit
    Originally posted by king ciref
    is it a force or an emotion
    I think the question is, is love more than an emotion? Natrually, we obseerve it as being an emotion and a force.

In and of itself, does love exist independent of mankinds emotions? I say it does.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Oct '09 06:01
    'God is love'. -as a good as a statement to start with as any...
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Oct '09 06:02
    Originally posted by hakima
    All of the above...and all of the below...
    and that
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '09 11:20
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So the question is, does it actually exist or is it simply the result of a complex chemical reactions in the brain? After all, you can't see it or study it or measure it, so does it really exist or are we fooling ourselves?
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '09 12:24
    'God is love'
    I'm glad you surrounded it with 'apostrophs', perhaps it is a sarcasm.

Because god in the old testament is not showing much love to the humanity. It's more about revenche and educate by punishment.

When is a total genocide (exept for 8 survivors) denoted 'love'? Did Hitler love jews?
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '09 19:34
    Which reinforces that God is triune in eternity past before He created man.

"And now, glorify Me along with Yourself, Father, with the glory I had with you before the world was." (John 17:5)

For God's intrinsic nature to be divine love, He must have had love within His triune being from eternity. Love is His nature.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Oct '09 22:50
    Originally posted by whodey
    So the question is, does it actually exist or is it simply the result of a complex chemical reactions in the brain? After all, you can't see it or study it or measure it, so does it really exist or are we fooling ourselves?
    I actually think you have to decide,and then abide in the faith of your decision. Like if you decide "'Love' is real" , then you have to wait(through thick and thin)and one day,you will know what "God is Love" REALLY means. Until then it is just human speculation.Worthy speculation,but speculation none the less.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Oct '09 22:54
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

Because god in the old testament is not showing much love to the humanity. It's more about revenche and educate by punishment.

When is a total genocide (exept for 8 survivors) denoted 'love'? Did Hitler love jews?
    No its not sarcasm, but I can see the angle. Pain and torture are certainly not the first thing you think of when you think of 'Love' , but then again I think it depends on your perspective, and in my perspective,where there is no hell, everything that happens , happens for a reason. And that reason is evolution. (Note: I do not use the Darwinian version of the term 'evolution'😉
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Oct '09 22:55
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Which reinforces that God is triune in eternity past before He created man.

[b]"And now, glorify Me along with Yourself, Father, with the glory I had with you before the world was." (John 17:5)

For God's intrinsic nature to be divine love, He must have had love within His triune being from eternity. Love is His nature.[/b]
    ..and Love Her nature as well...
  13. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 02:11
    "Love awaits us as we go to Love. Love walks beside us, showing us the way. Love is the end we seek and Love is the means by which we go to Love."...from Pathways of Light, ACIM Workbook commentary
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 08:18
    Originally posted by hakima
    "Love awaits us as we go to Love. Love walks beside us, showing us the way. Love is the end we seek and Love is the means by which we go to Love."...from Pathways of Light, ACIM Workbook commentary
    ...and True Love destroys convention...
  15. Pepperland
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 18:05
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

God must be love, especially considering he didn't send you to hell for your blasphemies, yet.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree