1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    31 Aug '17 10:312 edits
    Matthew 3

    But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?




    John was a loving and accepting guy. Kelly sounds just like him.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86348
    31 Aug '17 21:13
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Matthew 3

    But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?




    John was a loving and accepting guy. Kelly sounds just like him.
    If this post was written while you were sober it might have made some sense.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    31 Aug '17 22:40
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    If this post was written while you were sober it might have made some sense.
    Does it sound like John the Baptist was glad to see them and wanted them to be saved?
  4. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    01 Sep '17 00:52
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Does it sound like John the Baptist was glad to see them and wanted them to be saved?
    No. It sounds like John was simply telling it like it was.

    Idiot. Why don't you wake up and stop projecting into the text your own distorted opinions.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    01 Sep '17 01:09
    Originally posted by @josephw
    No. It sounds like John was simply telling it like it was.

    Idiot. Why don't you wake up and stop projecting into the text your own distorted opinions.
    Who warned you to flee?

    That isn't telling it like it is. This is complaining about the fact that these people might actually be saved.
  6. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8575
    03 Sep '17 20:14
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Matthew 3

    But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?




    John was a loving and accepting guy. Kelly sounds just like him.
    How has Jesus calling some religionists a brood of vipers helped your spiritual growth as a Christian ?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    04 Sep '17 03:01
    Originally posted by @sonship
    How has Jesus calling some religionists a brood of vipers helped your spiritual growth as a Christian ?
    In this case it was John the Baptist, but Jesus did it too.

    It goes to show that societal beliefs about the inherent negativity of name calling isn't true. It also shows Jesus wasn't interested in saving all people.
  8. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8575
    04 Sep '17 11:026 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar
    In this case it was John the Baptist, but Jesus did it too.

    It goes to show that societal beliefs about the inherent negativity of name calling isn't true. It also shows Jesus wasn't interested in saving all people.
    It goes to show that societal beliefs about the inherent negativity of name calling isn't true. It also shows Jesus wasn't interested in saving all people.


    Unless you elaborate I will get this impression -

    The positive influences in your spiritual life from John the Baptist and Jesus ARE -

    1.) They give you rational to call people names without feeling bad about it.
    2.) They give you rational to be apathetic about people being saved, because Jesus was not interested in saving all people.

    I don't know if you ever heard the saying - " The kind of person you are determines the kind of Bible you have."

    Unless you elaborate I am getting the impression that you need from God:

    1.) justification to call people names a lot.
    2.) Justification to not care that many people not come to know Christ for salvation.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    06 Sep '17 02:23
    Originally posted by @sonship
    It goes to show that societal beliefs about the inherent negativity of name calling isn't true. It also shows Jesus wasn't interested in saving all people.


    Unless you elaborate I will get this impression -

    The positive influences in your spiritual life from John the Baptist and Jesus ARE -

    1.) They give you rational to call people ...[text shortened]... a lot.
    2.) Justification to not care that many people not come to know Christ for salvation.
    Does it matter what you read into my posts? What you read into things speaks of what is in your heart not mine.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148428
    06 Sep '17 02:321 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Does it matter what you read into my posts? What you read into things speaks of what is in your heart not mine.
    Would the same apply to you too, as you read into scripture a lot of ugly things, as well
    as other people's posts too?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    06 Sep '17 10:55
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Would the same apply to you too, as you read into scripture a lot of ugly things, as well
    as other people's posts too?
    What you call ugly is simply clashes with what you have read into scripture.

    I have scriptural support for what I have said. You just want to worship a false God that makes you feel good about accepting the morality of the dead.
Back to Top