1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86339
    06 Aug '17 03:22
    Has the burning begun?

    Lucifer heatwave poses 'major' risk to parts of Europe
    http://news.sky.com/story/lucifer-heatwave-poses-major-risk-to-parts-of-europe-10974804
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    06 Aug '17 03:48
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Has the burning begun?

    Lucifer heatwave poses 'major' risk to parts of Europe
    http://news.sky.com/story/lucifer-heatwave-poses-major-risk-to-parts-of-europe-10974804
    In 2011 we had 51 days over 100 degrees. I guess you guys over there are a bit more sensative to the heat.

    I read a but of the article and blaming rain on a heat wave is pretty weak.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86339
    06 Aug '17 03:52
    Originally posted by @eladar
    I read a but of the article and blaming rain on a heat wave is pretty weak.
    But the article doesn't say that.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    06 Aug '17 03:531 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    But the article doesn't say that.
    It blamed the death by rain on the heat.

    Several deaths have occurred as a result of the heat, including a woman in the Italian Alps whose car was washed down a mountain after the heatwave triggered storms.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86339
    06 Aug '17 03:581 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    It blamed the death by rain on the heat.

    Several deaths have occurred as a result of the heat, including a woman in the Italian Alps whose car was washed down a mountain after the heatwave triggered storms.
    Heat does drive storms.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    06 Aug '17 04:00
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Heat does drive storms.
    Rain lowers heat. I can see blaming it on weather but not heat.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86339
    06 Aug '17 04:02
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Rain lowers heat. I can see blaming it on weather but not heat.
    You are claiming that heat doesn't drive storms?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    06 Aug '17 04:03
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You are claiming that heat doesn't drive storms?
    I am claiming it could storm anyhow.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86339
    06 Aug '17 04:05
    Originally posted by @eladar
    I am claiming it could storm anyhow.
    Do you agree that storms are driven by heat?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    06 Aug '17 04:32
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Do you agree that storms are driven by heat?
    Only by extreme heat? No
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86339
    06 Aug '17 04:44
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Only by extreme heat? No
    But your claim that the article's statement that the heatwave across parts of Europe is triggering storms, is weak, must be based on some scientific knowledge or insight....surely?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    06 Aug '17 04:48
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    But your claim that the article's statement that the heatwave across parts of Europe is triggering storms, is weak, must be based on some scientific knowledge or insight....surely?
    Does it never rain in Europe unless there is a heat wave?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86339
    06 Aug '17 04:54
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Does it never rain in Europe unless there is a heat wave?
    Of course it does, but we are not discussing the frequency of rain; we are discussing your basis for claiming that it is a weak position to state that a heatwave has triggered storms...
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    06 Aug '17 05:00
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Of course it does, but we are not discussing the frequency of rain; we are discussing your basis for claiming that it is a weak position to state that a heatwave has triggered storms...
    I am saying blaming the storm on the heat is weak since it could have stormed anyhow.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86339
    06 Aug '17 05:07
    Originally posted by @eladar
    I am saying blaming the storm on the heat is weak since it could have stormed anyhow.
    Have you never read up on weather at school, how increased heat energy will increase the likelihood of storm activity. For someone who claims to have been a teacher, you don't seem to be very well informed on the basics.
Back to Top