1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 05:081 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Have you never read up on weather at school, how increased heat energy will increase the likelihood of storm activity. For someone who claims to have been a teacher, you don't seem to be very well informed on the basics.
    Can you prove it would not had rained if the temp were 5 degrees cooler?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 05:33
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Can you prove it would not had rained if the temp were 5 degrees cooler?
    Why do you keep asking me questions in threads where you make silly claims Eladar?

You made the claim, the onus is on you to back it up.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 05:37
    Why do you keep asking me questions in threads where you make silly claims Eladar?

You made the claim, the onus is on you to back it up.
    The article made the statement which must be proved. You simply believe your news source with blind fairh.

You know who tells you what to believe.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 05:402 edits
    The article made the statement which must be proved. You simply believe your news source with blind fairh.

You know who tells you what to believe.
    The article says that storms were triggered by the heatwave.
    You say this statement is weak but cannot justify your claim.
    Storms ARE triggered by heat, increasing heat will increase the likelyhood of storms.
    This is a fact irrespective that storms are/can be triggered by less heat.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 05:44
    The article says that storms were triggered by the heatwave.
    You say this statement is weak but cannot justify your claim.
    Storms ARE triggered by heat, increasing heat will increase the likelyhood of storms.
    This is a fact irrespective that storms are/can be triggered by less heat.
    They make a faulty assumption if they claim the rain would not have happened if the temp was a bit cooler.

You believe their claim of it happening only because of the extreme heat and it could not have rained otherwise. You are loyal to what your news sources tell you to believe.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 06:01
    They make a faulty assumption if they claim the rain would not have happened if the temp was a bit cooler.
    But they (the writers of the article) didn't make that assumption, you are just inferring that they did because you think it somehow helps you get out of hole you dug for yourself.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 06:04
    But they (the writers of the article) didn't make that assumption, you are just inferring that they did because you think it somehow helps you get out of hole you dug for yourself.
    Funny how you claim their assumption is fact.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 06:171 edit
    Funny how you claim their assumption is fact.
    What's funny is how you imagined that I've posted that.

Heat drives storms, increased heat increases the likelyhood of storms. You can start explaining how a heatwave triggerin storms is a weak argument anytime you like 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree