1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '23 01:06
    Perceiving God figures that are variously made in man's image seems to be a common theme down through human history and across cultures

Does this not tell us more about the human condition than it does about the nature of the universe and the nature of the entity that possibly created it.
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    11 Jan '23 06:50
    @fmf said
    Perceiving God figures that are variously made in man's image seems to be a common theme down through human history and across cultures

Does this not tell us more about the human condition than it does about the nature of the universe and the nature of the entity that possibly created it.
    If there are any Jewish rabbis near you, and if you are sincerely interested in exploring the various facets of this question, I would suggest you engage in sincere conversation with them.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '23 06:55
    @kevin-eleven said
    If there are any Jewish rabbis near you, and if you are sincerely interested in exploring the various facets of this question, I would suggest you engage in sincere conversation with them.
    Why Jewish rabbis? The question is generic.

Also, it’s being discussed here, this is what this forum is for.
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    11 Jan '23 06:582 edits
    @divegeester said
    Please list five religions of Earth (excluding Christianity) which have humaniform God figures.

I'll grant that Hinduism does have some, so you would only need to list four others. Too bad for you that Judaism and Islam do not have such humaniform God figures!

Good luck!
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    11 Jan '23 07:05
    @divegeester said

Also, it’s being discussed here, this is what this forum is for.
    Because they might teach you some lessons in how such questions are turned over among serious seekers as opposed to solitary, prideful internet clowns whose only goal is to fluff their transitory little selves up by making others look bad.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '23 07:062 edits
    @kevin-eleven said
    Please list five religions of Earth (excluding Christianity) which have humaniform God figures.

I'll grant that Hinduism does have some, so you would only need to list four others. Too bad for you that Judaism and Islam do not have such humaniform God figures!

Good luck!
    I’m not listing anything at your behest.

But you might want to explain why you are telling FMF to go ask a Jewish rabbi in one post and then in your next post explaining that Judaism doesn’t have a human-form god figure?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '23 07:08
    @kevin-eleven said
    Because they might teach you some lessons in how such questions are turned over among serious seekers as opposed to solitary, prideful internet clowns whose only goal is to fluff their transitory little selves up by making others look bad.
    This is a spirituality discussion forum board.

If you don’t like the topics being raised why don’t you piss off back to the general forum and talk about spider crystals.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '23 07:09
    @divegeester said
    I’m not listing anything at your behest.
    The list would include almost all religions - countless thousands of them - on every continent stretching back through human history probably including most animist ones.
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    11 Jan '23 07:11
    @divegeester said
    This is a spirituality discussion forum board.
    Then discussion of religions and religious beliefs should be excluded.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '23 07:15
    @kevin-eleven said
    Then discussion of religions and religious beliefs should be excluded.
    Send feedback; no one here is interested in your on going boring issues.
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    11 Jan '23 07:15
    @divegeester said

If you don’t like the topics being raised why don’t you piss off back to the general forum and talk about spider crystals.
    Leaving aside the observation that you seem an angry drunk, my introduction of "Arcturian Spider Crystals" into the general spiritual discussions in your apparently huffily defended private little sadism pit was meant to expand the context of our discussions in the SF beyond humanocentric views.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '23 07:18
    @kevin-eleven said
    Leaving aside the observation that you seem an angry drunk, my introduction of "Arcturian Spider Crystals" into the general spiritual discussions in your apparently huffily defended private little sadism pit was meant to expand the context of our discussions in the SF beyond humanocentric views.
    Do shut up Kevin Eleven; your flowery vacuous waffle is well past it’s sell by date.
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    11 Jan '23 07:18
    @divegeester said
    Send feedback; no one here is interested in your on going boring issues.
    Have you ever even considered or succeeded in practicing some kind of spirituality in addition to your clever/vicious wordplay?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '23 07:191 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    Have you ever even considered or succeeded in practicing some kind of spirituality in addition to your clever/vicious wordplay?
    Start a thread on it, see if you get any interest.
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    11 Jan '23 07:30
    @divegeester said
    Start a thread on it, see if you get any interest.
    You seem to imply by your representation here as a putative Christian that God is a clever, vicious, sadistic dodger.

Which Christian congregation do you belong to, exactly?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree