1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 21:03
    Originally posted by CalJust
    If that is your main point, I will gladly respond to it, because internal consistency is exactly why we should read the Bible carefully and critically.

It is always funny to me that when people like you refer to others "picking and chosing what to believe" and "delight in pointing out contradictions" there always seems to be malice and foul motives ...[text shortened]... chose.

So yes, Jesus also picked and chose what he believed in. I merely follow his example.
    I was expressing my point of view... but I see you have your hands full with someone else here, so I won't interrupt you again.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Feb '15 00:37
    Originally posted by CalJust
    If that is your main point, I will gladly respond to it, because internal consistency is exactly why we should read the Bible carefully and critically.

It is always funny to me that when people like you refer to others "picking and chosing what to believe" and "delight in pointing out contradictions" there always seems to be malice and foul motives ...[text shortened]... chose.

So yes, Jesus also picked and chose what he believed in. I merely follow his example.
    Contradictions in the Bible - Kent Hovind

YouTube
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Feb '15 01:59
    I believe instead of claiming that there are contradictions in the Holy Bible, it is more accurate to claim that there are misunderstandings of the Holy Bible.

There have been various explanations to reconcile these misunderstandings over the years, but I doubt if any one persons has the correct understanding on all of them. What one person does not fully understand, there is probably another person that understands that, and so on, and so on.

I see the Holy Bible as a mental exercise written by men inspired of God, but who probably did not understand the complete significance of everything they wrote.
  4. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    14 Feb '15 12:18
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    I was expressing my point of view... but I see you have your hands full with someone else here, so I won't interrupt you again.
    Thanks - yes, ultimately all we have is our own point of view. Mine is certainly also not infallible.

No, I do not have my hands full with somebody else - FMF and I have concluded our discussion.

Over time on RHP I have learned to respond to, and engage, only serious posters. Unfortunately some ubiquitous posters such as RJH are not worth responding to - they have not demonstrated an ability for reasonable discourse.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree