1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 16:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What is the text you think appears to be added by me to the Revelation?
    Words like "Arab", "Islamic", "Islam", "Jihad", "Kaaba", and "Mecca" have been inserted into quotes from Revelation.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 16:571 edit
    Those were not all quotes from the Holy Bible. Some of that was from
    Ellis Skolfield. As far as the words you quoted, maybe you will find them
    in the Koran or other writings from Mohammed, the false prophet of Islam.
    Here is a verse - just one example - from Revelation as copy pasted by you above:

Revelation 13:1-5 "And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast (an empire) rise up out of the sea (of people), having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns (various rulers of various countries), and upon his heads the name of blasphemy (this empire stands against the God of the Bible). And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion (Leopard-Bear-Lion gives the reader a positive ID, it's the Middle East): and the dragon (Satan) gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. And I saw one of his (the Leopard-Bear-Lion's) heads as it were wounded to death (the first Jihad was defeated at the battle of Tours and the battle of Vienna); and his deadly wound was healed (the rise of Islam today and the new Jihad): and all the world wondered after the beast (this Islamic empire). And they (the people of the Middle East) worshipped the dragon (Satan) which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast (the Islamic empire), saying, Who is like unto the beast (the Islamic empire), who is able to make war with him? And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power (over Jerusalem) was given unto him to continue forty and two months."

There have been words added to the Bible text all over the place. Seems a bit odd to just add words like that. You reckon this doctored version of the words of Revelation is 'evidence'?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 17:08
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What the two headed beast is in Revelation:

John says this “And I saw another wild beast ascending out of the earth, and it had two horns like a lamb, but it began speaking as a dragon. And it exercises all the authority of the first wild beast ( League of Nations ) in its sight. And it makes the earth and those who dwell in it worship the first wil ...[text shortened]... ned wild beast as a guardian of liberty and a font of material good things.
    Sound familiar?
    I do not see the connection with you including the USA in the beast prophecy.
    I think you are on the wrong tract. Did you get this idea from the Watchtower
    Society? They don't have a very good track record on understanding prophecy.
  4. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 17:18
    nobody has a good track record of understanding prophecy because it's all nonsense.

lions and dragons and witches oh my! just come out and say what you mean. bible authors couldn't have done that that because they didn't mean what they said.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 17:202 edits
    I didn't think you would, so what's new? Anyway you admit you don't know much about Revelation so who are you to say this is not correct?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 17:38
    What the two headed beast is in Revelation:

John says this “And I saw another wild beast ascending out of the earth, and it had two horns like a lamb, but it began speaking as a dragon. And it exercises all the authority of the first wild beast ( League of Nations ) in its sight. And it makes the earth and those who dwell in it worship the first wil ...[text shortened]... ned wild beast as a guardian of liberty and a font of material good things.
    Sound familiar?
    You must be referring to the words in parentheses. Those words are not in
    the Biblical text. They are words used by Ellis Skolfield to describe what the
    previous word or idea in the vision actually means. This is a quicker way of
    presenting his interpretation of the text than repeating the text again. It
    would have been more clear if he had explained it like the angel explained
    Daniel's vision of the Beasts to him. But this is the way Ellis Skolfield chose
    to do it.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 17:41
    I didn't think you would, so what's new? Anyway you admit you don't know much about Revelation so who are you to say this is not correct?
    You don't have to listen to me. It just does not make sense to me, that's all.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 18:28
    You don't have to listen to me. It just does not make sense to me, that's all.
    Did you yourself not comfirm that beast in the Bible means governments or world powers? Is this 1 headed 2 horned beast not the finale beast in this order of beast or governments that have ruled? Is this one headed 2 horned beast not a dual world power? Is this beast not over persuasive in it's dealings in the world and always tring to spread it's influance and it's dominance over the world? Does this beast not threaten the world to conform or else? Is this beast not the one who invented the A bomb hence "fire from heaven" plus it's other destructive weapons?
    No other government has or will ever come this clear to being this duel horned beast.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 22:491 edit
    What is the Image of the Wild Beast?

Is this two-horned wild beast ( The United Sates and Britain ) as innocent as its lamblike horns would indicate? John goes on to say: “And it misleads those who dwell on the earth, because of the signs that were granted it to perform in the sight of the wild beast ( League of Nations ), while it tells those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the wild beast that had the sword-stroke and yet revived. And there was granted it to give breath to the image of the wild beast ( United Nations ) so that the image of the wild beast should both speak and cause to be killed all those who would not in any way worship the image of the wild beast.”—Revelation 13:14, 15.

What is this “image of the wild beast,” and what is its purpose?

The purpose is to promote the worship of the seven-headed wild beast
    ( all wordly governments )
    of which it is an image and thus, in effect, to perpetuate the existence of the wild beast. This image is constructed after the seven-headed wild beast revives from its sword stroke, that is, after the end of the first world war. It is no lifeless statue, such as Nebuchadnezzar erected on the plains of Dura. (Daniel 3:1) The two-horned wild beast breathes life into this image so that the image can live and play a role in world history. The United Nations came about almost entirely buy the direction and help of the United States and Britain. The United Nations is also convienently located in the United States.
    The outworking of history identifies this image as the organization proposed, promoted, and supported by Britain and the United States and known initially as the League of Nations. Later, in Revelation chapter 17, it will appear under a different symbol, that of a living, breathing scarlet-colored wild beast having an independent existence. This international body ‘speaks,’ in that it makes boastful claims to be the only one able to bring peace and security to mankind. But in reality it has become a forum for member nations to exchange verbal tirades and insults. It has threatened with ostracism, or a living death, any nation or people that does not bow to its authority. The League of Nations actually expelled nations that failed to abide by its ideologies. At the onset of the great tribulation, militaristic “horns” of this image of the wild beast will fulfill a devastating role.—Revelation 7:14; 17:8, 16.
    Since World War II, the image of the wild beast—now manifested as the United Nations organization—has already killed in a literal way. For example, in 1950 a UN force took the field in the war between North Korea and South Korea. The UN force, along with the South Koreans, killed an estimated 1,420,000 North Koreans and Chinese. Similarly, from 1960 to 1964, United Nations armies were active in the Congo (Kinshasa). Moreover, world leaders, including popes Paul VI and John Paul II, have continued to affirm that this image is man’s last and best hope for peace. How pityful that is instead of looking to God.......
    If mankind fails to serve it, they insist, the human race will destroy itself. They thus figuratively cause to be killed all humans who refuse to go along with the image and worship it.—Deuteronomy 5:8, 9.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 23:50
    previous word or idea in the vision actually means.
    What it "actually means"? Pretty rich coming from someone who admits he doesn't know much about Revelation. So if someone added references to the Jews into verses from Revelation, then that person could then argue - legitimately - that the Jews follow a "false religion that rides and controls the beast" and that verses from Revelation show this to be so? Or they could insert references to the Catholics or the Southern Baptists or Buddhists or JWs, or whoever they wanted, and then claim that the verses from Revelation "actually mean" that the Catholics or the Southern Baptists or Buddhists etc. are "satanic" etc. etc.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 00:22
    previous word or idea in the vision actually means. This is a quicker way of
    presenting his interpretation of the text than repeating the text again. It
    would have been more clear if he had explained ...[text shortened]... ed
    Daniel's vision of the Beasts to him. But this is the way Ellis Skolfield chose
    to do it.
    Oh so you claim we follow a man but it's ok for you to qoute a mans thoughts that may not know much more then you do? Lol
  12. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 00:45
    [b]What is the Image of the Wild Beast?

Is this two-horned wild beast ( The United Sates and Britain )
    nope, sorry. i looked but couldn't fine the united states and britian mentioned in the bible.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 01:00
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    nope, sorry. i looked but couldn't fine the united states and britian mentioned in the bible.
    Of course not. It's up to ones asking for God for guidence and then using discernment and connecting the dots. But if one does not believe in the Bible or the prophicies in it, then it would not make much sense to that one.
    But can you honestly say that this could not be speaking of these two world leading governments plus the League of Nations and the later United Nations in the descriptions here in Revelation?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 01:15
    Of course not. It's up to ones asking for God for guidence and then using discernment and connecting the dots. But if one does not believe in the Bible or the prophicies in it, then it would not make much sense to that one.
    But can you honestly say that this could not be speaking of these two world leading governments plus the League of Nations and the later United Nations in the descriptions here in Revelation?
    So readers of Revelation - like you and RJHinds, for instance - can speculate as they see fit and use its verses to condemn or dehumanize any group they want?
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 02:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    So readers of Revelation - like you and RJHinds, for instance - can speculate as they see fit and use its verses to condemn or dehumanize any group they want?
    ""I'm nothing like RJH in the least.""

These prophicies were written for a reason and written in the way that not all would understand them on a purpose. If it were easy then anyone would know what they mean.
    They were written so that anyone who has the right heart and motive would be given the answers to this. So it is nothing made up but to me and millions of others it is very, very clear.
    Ones suich as RJH are winging it and thats obvious as he's constantly searching the internet for whatever he can come up with or what may sound good for that day and then move on to the next great thing that comes up.
    The JW's have for many decades known exactly what these symbols and prophicies mean and each year that goes by and the worlds events unfold, we are more sure then ever.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree