1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 14:42
    We are given a rather cryptic warning in Revelation about the mark of the beast. It says that the mark will be taken either in the right hand or forehead. Assuming that we are ever forced to take a mark of any kind in either the right hand or forehead, would you take it?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 14:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    We are given a rather cryptic warning in Revelation about the mark of the beast. It says that the mark will be taken either in the right hand or forehead. Assuming that we are ever forced to take a mark of any kind in either the right hand or forehead, would you take it?
    The hand has got to be better than taking it in the head.
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 17:45
    which hand do you use to swipe your atm/credit card?
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 18:24
    Maybe the mark is spiritual and some already have it?

Manny
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 19:02
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The hand has got to be better than taking it in the head.
    I assume the option for the head are for those without hands.....or maybe just preference.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 19:03
    Originally posted by menace71
    Maybe the mark is spiritual and some already have it?

Manny
    Very true, but this thread is about it being a physical mark of some kind. The scriptures clearly assign the mark to the right hand or front of the head. What spiritual meaning do you think this could hold?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 19:05
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    which hand do you use to swipe your atm/credit card?
    I usually use my head to swipe with my card. 😛
  8. England
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 20:50
    its a micro chip .. placed either in the head or hand.. this will be used from 2030, as to mark for food shortages.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 21:331 edit
    Originally posted by stoker
    its a micro chip .. placed either in the head or hand.. this will be used from 2030, as to mark for food shortages.
    It is, and will always be, that which is taken to be a symbol and literal means of control by evil forces. Has it ever been otherwise?
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 21:58
    Very true, but this thread is about it being a physical mark of some kind. The scriptures clearly assign the mark to the right hand or front of the head. What spiritual meaning do you think this could hold?
    Well the beast is the devil right? The mark is like a brand or ownership of the devil or signifies that they belong to the devil I would think. Ezekiel 9 talks of a mark

Manny
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 23:09
    Originally posted by stoker
    This is the interpretation I lean towards. I think it relatively safe to say that eventually we all go cashless. After all, government is all the time inventing ways to sieze more control over the populace. If we go cashless, then such control is obvous. No more cheating on taxes, no more spending money to create currency, and no more money under the table. The kicker will be if they can track you with the mark. Just think, no more missing persons and where will criminals run to?

My guess is that for such a change to occur, something "bad" will have to happen. After all, change is painful and usually only comes after something bad happens. In short, people need to be convinced to change. If so, then that "bad" occurence will be used to justify such a change and those that oppose it will be seen as a danger to the system and for their very survival. Those that challenge it on religious grounds will probably be characterized as religious extremist nutcases and will be oppressed accordingly.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 23:10
    Originally posted by menace71
    Well the beast is the devil right? The mark is like a brand or ownership of the devil or signifies that they belong to the devil I would think. Ezekiel 9 talks of a mark

Manny
    Why do they need the mark to buy or sell? It seems pretty explicit.
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 23:12
    Agreed.......
    I was just trying to look at it from a different way

Manny
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 02:27
    Those that challenge it on religious grounds will probably be characterized as religious extremist nutcases and will be oppressed accordingly.
    Why not challenge it on grounds of invasion of privacy instead? 😛
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 02:491 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Why not challenge it on grounds of invasion of privacy instead? 😛
    You refer to the Constitution, but when did the Constitution come to the rescue of Japanese Americans being held prisnor during World War 2? When did the Constitution come to the rescue of the populace once Obama signed into law the NDAA or when "W" signed into law the Patriot Act?

The Contitution? Pfft.

Nice idea though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree