Mark of the beast

Mark of the beast

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 May 13

For those interested in learning more about the beast of Revelation 13 see the following link:

http://www.beholdthebeast.com/leopard_bear_lion_beast.htm

The Instructor

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 May 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
[b]And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads.

(Revelation 12:3 NKJV)

I think one could say a dragon is a beast and this dragon is identified in verse 9.

So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives ...[text shortened]... tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvbgaw972c4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecca

The Instructor
He may be beastly or inhuman in his actions, but he is not the beast we are speaking of here. Satan is never called a "beast" in the Bible.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 May 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
A person sent to rule over the earth in the final days.
Again, all the beast in the Bible within this subject are referring to governments or world rulers.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 May 13

"Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh." -- Matthew 25:13, KJV

We don't know. We are told the AntiChrist will come to power approx. 7 years before the Battle of Armageddon, when Christ is to return as a 'Messiah-Warrior' to vanquish Satan and build the 'New Jerusalem'.

3.5 years into his reign, he wil ...[text shortened]... e himself to be God. The Mark and the persecution of Christians will start in earnest.
Where does it say this 7 years before armegeddon in the Bible?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 May 13

Originally posted by galveston75
Where does it say this 7 years before armegeddon in the Bible?
It's rather obvious. The seven years of the Tribulation are counted from the Anti-Christ signing the treaty with Israel at the restored Temple (Matthew 24:15) to the return of Christ at the end of the Battle of Armageddon. However, no one can know the exact day and hour, so it surely won't be exactly seven years.

Stop worshiping the words of the Bible as a god and use what it says. That's what it's for, not for worship. There is much not laid out verbatim in the Bible, but that doesn't mean we haven't been warned (it's there if you know where/how to look, but this also means you need to honor the meaning of the Bible over its words, this is where the Bible-worshipers stumble).

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 May 13

Again, all the beast in the Bible within this subject are referring to governments or world rulers.
Well, the Beast is the Anti-Christ (all the confusion in this thread notwithstanding) who will eventually be the ruler of the world, so yes, no, maybe.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 May 13

[b]The apostle John wrote concerning the last hour, "the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour...

Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son ...[text shortened]... , YES.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
Maybe, maybe not. The Beast, the AntiChrist is one man, with the power to deceive many, who would rule the world. My Magic 8-ball says, "Not enough information. Try again later."

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 May 13

It's rather obvious. The seven years of the Tribulation are counted from the Anti-Christ signing the treaty with Israel at the restored Temple (Matthew 24:15) to the return of Christ at the end of the Battle of Armageddon. However, no one can know the exact day and hour, so it surely won't be exactly seven years.

Stop worshiping the words of the ...[text shortened]... nor the meaning of the Bible over its words, this is where the Bible-worshipers stumble).
Humm, that's a new one to me. But to clear your opinion here, I do not in anyway worship the Bible. It is ouir guide for many things and one of them is on worshipping our god Jehovah "alone". I worship no one but God and am not a Bible worshipper. Do you understand my statement?

So it is 7 years or not? You seem to be confused?

But the rest of your post here is very confusing and in truth doesn't agree with the rest of the Bible.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 May 13

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
There's an awful lot of beast aren't there?

You could make a movie out of it.
There may be many beasts, but only one Beast.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 May 13

So it is 7 years or not? You seem to be confused?

But the rest of your post here is very confusing and in truth doesn't agree with the rest of the Bible.
7 years and 3 months could be construed as 7 years. So could 6 years and 9 months. We are cautioned to remain alert and watchful.

Confusing to you, maybe. And do you mean your Bible, or my Bible?

There is no confusion. The Tribulation will last seven years, between the rise of the AntiChrist and the coming of Christ. This much should be clear to anyone.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 May 13

The beasts don't just refer to any government or world ruler. The beasts refer to those empires or kingdoms that are influenced by Satan to be hostile to the true God and to Israel and God's people. It is believed that the coming Antichrist will rule a beast empire and will be under the direct control of Satan and therefore, he is often referred to as a beast, as well, just as Satan is referred to as a serpent or dragon beast.

The Instructor

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 May 13
1 edit

The beasts don't just refer to any government or world ruler. The beasts refer to those empires or kingdoms that are influenced by Satan to be hostile to the true God and to Israel and God's people. It is believed that the coming Antichrist will rule a beast empire and will be under the direct control of Satan and therefore, he is often referred to as a beast, as well, just as Satan is referred to as a serpent or dragon beast.

The Instructor
Do you think that the AntiChrist could actually be the Son of Satan, as Christ is the Son of God?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 May 13

Do you think that the AntiChrist could actually be the Son of Satan, as Christ is the Son of God?
I've never thought of that idea. I have doubts that the Antichrist wll be a true only begotten son of Satan. However, Satan may be able to counterfeit some type of son of Satan, but there is not indication of that in scripture. I believe it is more likely to be one that Satan has possessed. If the theory of the Islamic beast is correct and Allah is actually Satan that they worship, then Allah has no son.

The Instructor

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 May 13

The Instructor
Well you are getting closer bit by bit but Satan is never said the be the beast in the Bible, so stop saying it does.
The only entities that are referred to as "beast" are nations or a rulership of nations.
Stop making this stuff up or what shread of tiny respect you have here, if it even exist at all, is lost.

Why have you not shown a scripture here to show he is indeed called a 'beast"?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 May 13

I've never thought of that idea. I have doubts that the Antichrist wll be a true only begotten son of Satan. However, Satan may be able to counterfeit some type of son of Satan, but there is not indication of that in scripture. I believe it is more likely to be one that Satan has possessed. If the theory of the Islamic beast is correct and Allah is actually Satan that they worship, then Allah has no son.

The Instructor
OMG, this just keeps getting weirder and weider.

The antichrist is not a single being or a son of a being but simply someone or something that is against Christ. Satan even has you confused about this...