1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 20:22
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    read the damn link. i told you i am not gonna write the references to all of them. its the picture with those neat little figures.
    Instead of getting agressive, why don't you post post the biblical link to back up your assertions.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 20:55
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    proves nothing except that you are willing to believe naught but your own propaganda.
    So when you can't argue against the fact that your god turned David into Hugh Hefner, it's "propaganda"?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 21:05
    Originally posted by vivify
    So when you can't argue against the fact that your god turned David into Hugh Hefner, it's "propaganda"?
    I have successfully demonstrated what Gods original standard was. Whether you accept it or not is not my affair. I have no issues and there are no fences facing me.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 21:093 edits
    I have successfully demonstrated what Gods original standard was. Whether you accept it or not is not my affair. I have no issues and there are no fences facing me.
    I'm not disputing what God's "original standard" was. The point is that God clearly didn't care much about this standard since he gave David multiple wives, despite there being no record of David asking for this.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 21:122 edits
    I'm not disputing what God's "original standard" was. The point is that God clearly didn't care much about this standard since he gave David multiple wives, despite there being no record of David asking for this.
    Again i have successfully proven that the Kings of Israel were warned not to procure many wives for themselves, your opinions to the contrary are meaningless. There was a valid reason why Sauls concubines were handed on to David, a reason you seem oblivious to. Ironic considering your pretensions of Biblical knowledge, don't you think?
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 21:152 edits
    Again i have successfully proven that the Kings of Israel were warned not to procure many wives for themselves, your opinions to the contrary are meaningless.
    And I've successfully proven that this is a warning your god wasn't serious about.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 21:164 edits
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You blame God for David's failure ?

Don't you think that if the Bible writers were boasting of their national king hero David they would have concealed embarrassing information instead of record it in all candor ?

David's failure was not the fault of God as if God "turned him into Hugh Hefner".

David failure is followed by a wonderful story of forgiveness .. YET a forgiveness with a certain amount of discipline. And the fact that his failure is recorded in the Word of God suggests not false propaganda but candid and frank truth.

Only Moslems argue that a prophet of a godly person in the Bible could not have any faults.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 21:20
    And I've successfully proven that this is a warning your god wasn't serious about.
    Nonsense you have proven that you don't know why God passed on Saul's concubines to David, you simply made it up that he doesn't care.
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 21:20
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b] So when you can't argue against the fact that your god turned David into Hugh Hefner, it's "propaganda"?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't you think that if the Bible writers were boasting of their national king hero David they would have conce ...[text shortened]...

Only Moslems argue that a prophet of a godly person in the Bible could not have any faults.[/b]
    What are you talking about? I'm not talking about "David's failure". I'm talking about the fact that God gave David a harem, contrary to the popular Christian belief that marriage should be between one man and one woman.
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 21:23
    Nonsense you have proven that you don't know why God passed on Saul's concubines to David, you simply made it up that he doesn't care.
    So then YOU tell me. If monogamy is important to God, why then would he give David multiple wives?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 21:301 edit
    So then YOU tell me. If monogamy is important to God, why then would he give David multiple wives?
    Oh well, after chiding us about not knowing our Bibles you now want a free Bible study? that's rich. . . .well well, who knows their Bibles now, us christians or you rascally materialists? Say 'You Christians are awesome', and I'll tell you.
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 21:41
    Oh well, after chiding us about not knowing our Bibles you now want a free Bible study? that's rich. . . .well well, who knows their Bibles now, us christians or you rascally materialists? Say 'You Christians are awesome', and I'll tell you.
    That's my point in asking. You don't have an answer. You're left with either putting up a childish front that pretends biblical marriage was some special, romantic thing, or deal with the reality, that yes, your god gave people he liked multiple wives as gifts.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 22:00
    That's my point in asking. You don't have an answer. You're left with either putting up a childish front that pretends biblical marriage was some special, romantic thing, or deal with the reality, that yes, your god gave people he liked multiple wives as gifts.
    Oh dear you calling and im sitting with a royal flush. Ill tell you in the morning as its late here in the UK and Im texting on my phone.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 23:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Instead of getting agressive, why don't you post post the biblical link to back up your assertions.
    i did, it's in the link i posted
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '15 23:08
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b] So when you can't argue against the fact that your god turned David into Hugh Hefner, it's "propaganda"?

Don't you think that if the Bible writers were boasting of their national king hero David they would have conce ...[text shortened]...

Only Moslems argue that a prophet of a godly person in the Bible could not have any faults.[/b]
    "You blame God for David's failure ? "
    no, but i blame that "god" for murdering david's son.

" David failure is followed by a wonderful story of forgiveness "
    but before that, a little wonderful story of murdering an innocent.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree