24 Jun '15 21:10

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Jun '15 21:502 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Now you are simply falling into fiction, Saul was still King, David was but a boy when he slew Goliath
    That's where David's legacy and fame started. But even if you want to split hairs here, the fact remains that Saul was chosen because he was tall. God chose David on no particular credentials at all. So again, there goes your "oriental customs" argument trying to make excuses for God giving his buddy Dave some women to enjoy.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 08:41
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "I doubt if even the Jews would follow such rules today and there is no evidence that they ever did"
    god gave those laws and they are in the bible. we have numerous examples of people being stoned as those laws dictate. to say they didn't follow them is idiotic.

but nevermind that now, what you said is interesting. are you saying that it might be ok t ...[text shortened]... n, and disgusting. they are not in discussion here. the bible is, so please try to stay on track
    Give me a reference to the numerous examples of people being stoned as those laws dictate.

I don't recall saying that one's conscience allowed one to not listen to the bible.

I did not say I hate Muslims, I was just making a statement of fact along with a conjecture.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 08:441 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Give me a reference to the numerous examples of people being stoned as those laws dictate.

I don't recall saying that one's conscience allowed one to not listen to the bible.

I did not say I hate Muslims, I was just making a statement of fact along with a conjecture.
    "Give me a reference to the numerous examples of people being stoned as those laws dictate."
    so your stance is that god's laws were never obeyed?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 08:45
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Thank you. That is a real insight.

So you agree that it was [b]Moses
    that wrote this, and not God?[/b]
    God only wrote the ten commandments.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 08:51
    Originally posted by vivify
    A concubine is merely a lower-ranking wife. That's why a man can still have sex with his concubine without the concubine being punished for it. It's amazing how much Christians don't know about their own bible.

I knew Sarah was Abraham's half sister. It simply doesn't make any difference...unless you think it's okay to have sex with your sister because only she came from only one of your parents. Is that the case?
    We Christians are under the New Covenant. What you cited was part of the Old Covenant.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 09:01
    "Give me a reference to the numerous examples of people being stoned as those laws dictate."
    so your stance is that god's laws were never obeyed?
    I just want you to prove your statement.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 09:271 edit
    I just want you to prove your statement.
    woman almost stoned to death. jesus intervened.
    achan murdered along with his family
    Lev 24:23; Nu 15:32-36; Jos 7:24-25; 1Ki 21:13-15; Jn 8:1-11

and these are just the ones that they considered "worthy" of mentioning. there isn't any line saying "oh crap, they actually stoned the dude to death, this NEVER happened before". It was carried out like it was the most natural thing to do and it was.

you playing stupid and acting like those laws wouldn't have been enforced is... actually quite characteristic of you.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 11:51
    woman almost stoned to death. jesus intervened.
    achan murdered along with his family
    Lev 24:23; Nu 15:32-36; Jos 7:24-25; 1Ki 21:13-15; Jn 8:1-11

and these are just the ones that they considered "worthy" of mentioning. there isn't any line saying "oh crap, they actually stoned the dude to death, this NEVER happened before". It was carried out like it ...[text shortened]... d acting like those laws wouldn't have been enforced is... actually quite characteristic of you.
    Most of these examples are of men being stoned. I was referring to a women being stoned because she could not prove her virginity. The last example of the woman caught in adultry comes closest, but even she was not stoned. In the last case, the law of Moses requires both the man and women caught in adultry be brought forward to be stoned.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 11:56
    Most of these examples are of men being stoned. I was referring to a women being stoned because she could not prove her virginity. The last example of the woman caught in adultry comes closest, but even she was not stoned. In the last case, the law of Moses requires both the man and women caught in adultry be brought forward to be stoned.
    oh.

then no. except from a divine mandate from god that a woman should be stoned if she cannot prove her virginity and god showing how he reacts to his laws being disobeyed, and an account of someone breaking other laws being stoned, there is no actual account of a woman being stoned for failing to prove she is a virgin.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 18:01
    oh.

then no. except from a divine mandate from god that a woman should be stoned if she cannot prove her virginity and god showing how he reacts to his laws being disobeyed, and an account of someone breaking other laws being stoned, there is no actual account of a woman being stoned for failing to prove she is a virgin.
    Okay, thanks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree