Mathematical Proof of God?

Mathematical Proof of God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k

Moves
23 Feb 13

I came across this article, and thought it to be pretty good. What do you think?

http://christianity.about.com/od/newchristians/a/proofgodexists.htm

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
23 Feb 13

Originally posted by kd2acz
I came across this article, and thought it to be pretty good. What do you think?

I prefer Euler's proof. Of course, that one relies on the atheist being so mathematically inept as to be unable to count his own toes but it doesn't waste as much time reading about it as that link does.

PDI

Moves
24 Feb 13

<<... surgery and 55 grueling radiation treatments...>>

What do you think the outcome of the cancer for that person would have been if he had the elders come and lay hands on him and anoint him with oil and pray for him, instead of getting medical treatment?

Planet Rain

Moves
24 Feb 13

It's all nonsense of course, because every branch of mathematics is based on a set of axioms. So even if the logic whereby you reach your conclusion is flawless your argument still rests on unproven assumptions.

Cape Town

Moves
24 Feb 13

What do you think?
I think it is proof that some Christians will come up with the most ridiculous nonsense to try and support their faith.
Interesting how the article in question doesn't even attempt to give any such proof, and instead the writer states "I’m no math expert," then proceeds with some other argument. Why did he bring in mathematics at all? Because he knows his argument cannot stand on its own. Its like RJs thread where he claims something is scientific because it involves DNA.
5 years ago I proved God didn't exist. Its now 2013. 5 years ago, was therefore 2013-5=2008. See, I used mathematics, therefore I proved mathematically that God does not exist.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
24 Feb 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
I think it is proof that some Christians will come up with the most ridiculous nonsense to try and support their faith.
Interesting how the article in question doesn't even attempt to give any such proof, and instead the writer states "I’m no math expert," then proceeds with some other argument. Why did he bring in mathematics at all? Because he knows hi ...[text shortened]... -5=2008. See, I used mathematics, therefore I proved mathematically that God does not exist.
I like that, sort of in the spirit of Euler's effort.

e

Moves
24 Feb 13

As someone said before, belief maketh the god

e

Moves
24 Feb 13

There is Bayes Theory, conditional probability, and he thought it proved the hand of god, that every event is caused by a prior one... In practice it doesn't prove much but its a nice idea

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Feb 13

Originally posted by e4chris
There is Bayes Theory, conditional probability, and he thought it proved the hand of god, that every event is caused by a prior one... In practice it doesn't prove much but its a nice idea
That's okay, there are those here who have tried to use this to prove God does not exist (they know who they are). Equal fail.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
24 Feb 13

Faustroll's mathematical proof of God begins on page 118:

http://fr.wikisource.org/wiki/Page:Jarry_Faustroll_1911.djvu/118

e

Moves
26 Feb 13

The belief maketh the god idea is quite powerful mathematically I think, If you wanted to quantify god, gods thats where to start. I remember reading about Scandinavian gods, they had before christianity, and there is supposed to be a book of them like an anthology compiled by someone c1500 years ago (could be wrong) but its supposed to say that there gods were often based on stories of real people or events, that got exagerated over the years, and it took about 100-200 years for a god to form.

Moves
26 Feb 13

The belief maketh the god idea is quite powerful mathematically I think, If you wanted to quantify god, gods thats where to start. I remember reading about Scandinavian gods, they had before christianity, and there is supposed to be a book of them like an anthology compiled by someone c1500 years ago (could be wrong) but its supposed to say that there gods w ...[text shortened]... r events, that got exagerated over the years, and it took about 100-200 years for a god to form.
Just wondering, did you find that Christian [or other] church that you were looking for?

e

Moves
26 Feb 13

Originally posted by divegeester
Just wondering, did you find that Christian [or other] church that you were looking for?
Yes, I'm not saying they would agree with what i post but yes thanks,

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
26 Feb 13

The belief maketh the god idea is quite powerful mathematically I think, If you wanted to quantify god, gods thats where to start. I remember reading about Scandinavian gods, they had before christianity, and there is supposed to be a book of them like an anthology compiled by someone c1500 years ago (could be wrong) but its supposed to say that there gods w ...[text shortened]... r events, that got exagerated over the years, and it took about 100-200 years for a god to form.
Gilgamesh turns up in a king list, then he gets an epic written about him and then 500 years later he's a god. Not a very big or powerful god but still a god.

e

Moves
26 Feb 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Kepler
Gilgamesh turns up in a king list, then he gets an epic written about him and then 500 years later he's a god. Not a very big or powerful god but still a god.
And Haile Selassie another one.