1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 10:05
    @divegeester said
    I’ve just explained why it matters to me.
    It doesn't matter who said it, and it doesn't matter that it matters to you.

What matters is what BDP said in the OP.

"The "rebuttal" was that ethics is not just a simple question of numbers. My question to those who remain here is, why not?"

So far you have failed to explain "why not?"
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 10:09
    @divegeester said
    I believe that is what my post succinctly states.

Is it too complicated for you?
    Is it too complicated for you to produce a reason for your opinion that the deaths of two has greater ethical value than the death of one?
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 10:27
    @divegeester said
    I remind you of someone who conspired to have Jesus put to death. I see.

Now I wonder who here will take issue you posting hatred at me in this way. All these wonderful Christians reading this exchange and yet will sit back and say nothing.

I rest my case.
    The only case you have is your bilious outbursts of malignant disdain for Christians here or anywhere that don't agree with your opinions.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 10:29
    @fmf said
    Online disinhibition syndrome level - HIGH
    You're projecting.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 10:551 edit
    @bigdoggproblem said
    I was once rebutted, in this forum, for implying that the deaths of many mattered more than the deaths of few.

The "rebuttal" was that ethics is not just a simple question of numbers.

My question to those who remain here is, why not?
    We all place value on things for a variety of reasons, the whys, and how much comes into play. With human life, if it is nothing but an advanced animal value evolved from someplace in ages past, more or less how useful that human life is or how much do I care about in the amount I give it. Human life made in the image of God would be one of the most sacred of all things there is on the planet.

If we are driving and along the road we see an accident where it appears there is a loss of life, we can feel that knowing something terrible just occurred and someone special is gone, even if we didn’t know them. I guess having more die in higher numbers is worse than a fewer, but regardless of the numbers, a single one is a considerable loss, and that might have been the point someone was trying to convey.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 11:41
    @secondson said
    You're projecting.
    It seems you don't know what the word "projecting" means. It doesn't apply to my reaction to your 'conspiring to kill Jesus' comment.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 15:09
    @fmf said
    Online disinhibition syndrome level - HIGH
    When SecondSon (aka josephw) is running out of ideas he generally resorts to firing out the strongest and most nasty insults he can think of.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 15:10
    @secondson said
    It doesn't matter who said it, and it doesn't matter that it matters to you.
    I refer you to my post on the previous page where I succinctly explained why I felt that knowing who the originator of the claim was would provide relevant context.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 15:11
    @secondson said
    Is it too complicated for you to produce a reason for your opinion that the deaths of two has greater ethical value than the death of one?
    I refer you to my post on the previous page. Please have another read of it and let me know which part of it is creating this confusion for you.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 15:12
    @secondson said
    The only case you have is your bilious outbursts of malignant disdain for Christians here or anywhere that don't agree with your opinions.
    Yes, yes so you keep saying.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 15:13
    @secondson said
    You're projecting.
    Weak post by you.

You just pulled that phrase out of your ass didn’t you. It neither makes sense in the context nor is it applicable in relation to the recipient it was directed at.
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 15:57
    @divegeester said
    It neither makes sense in the context nor is it applicable in relation to the recipient it was directed at.
    You're a grammatical genius.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '19 16:00
    @secondson said
    You're a grammatical genius.
    Great comeback.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Oct '19 23:57

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '19 00:28
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Yes yes, but do you believe in the trinity!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree