1. Riding the Atom Bomb
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 18:29
    what do you make of this scripture. is there any religion that is doing this now?
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 18:36
    Originally posted by dale21
    what do you make of this scripture. is there any religion that is doing this now?
    Mind quoting it for us so we don't have to all go look it up?

Here:

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."
  3. Riding the Atom Bomb
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 18:42
    Originally posted by telerion

Here:

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."
    sorry. thanx.....so...anybody care to comment?
  4. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 20:39
    Not really on topic--but that never stopped me before...

I was reading a book last night that claimed that Bible prophecy has it that the Roman Empire continues right on up through the Rapture. Of course, the Bible was written before the famous "fall of the Roman Empire." So what did medieval Believers do? They invented the "Holy Roman Empire" to plug the gap. There you go: instant Roman Empire continuation. No muss, no fuss. I love it. 🙂
  5. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 22:16
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    Not really on topic--but that never stopped me before...

I was reading a book last night that claimed that Bible prophecy has it that the Roman Empire continues right on up through the Rapture. Of course, the Bible was written before the famous "fall of the Roman Empire." So what did medieval Believers do? They invented the "Holy Roman Empire" to p ...[text shortened]... he gap. There you go: instant Roman Empire continuation. No muss, no fuss. I love it. 🙂

There are scolars who look upon the United States as the continuation of the Roman Empire. For instance the philosopher Peter Sloterdijk in Germany.
  6. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 02:44
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

There are scolars who look upon the United States as the continuation of the Roman Empire. For instance the philosopher Peter Sloterdijk in Germany.
    You mean I am living in the belly of the beast? 😲
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 03:48

Then there is Darfius, who claims it's the Catholic Church.
  8. Meddling with things
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 22:21

Here:

Yes, the end is nigh, the end of the jesus cult, that is. Exposed in its vapid emptiness and dominated by the death and hatred obseessed Amerika, the jesus cult is in its death throes with adherents clinging to more and more crazed views. Raptue, creation, chosen people...PFFT!
  9. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 22:26

Here:

does that mean that the internet is the end of the world?
  10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 22:28

direct links all the way back to before Babylon, too
  11. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 05:56
    Originally posted by dale21
    The Gospel of JESUS CHRIST is/has gone out unto the world. The Gospel has been preached and written in just about every known language in the world. This Gospel is being accepted and rejected each and every day.
  12. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 06:00
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    Yes, the end is nigh, the end of the jesus cult, that is. Exposed in its vapid emptiness and dominated by the death and hatred obseessed Amerika, the jesus cult is in its death throes with adherents clinging to more and more crazed views. Raptue, creation, chosen people...PFFT!
    You can not dfestroy THE GOSPEL OF JESUS. You can attack, hurt, belittle, ignore, reject or anything else you want. THE WORD OF GOD stands true and will be true.
  13. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 06:02

there are those that believe that the European Union is much closer to the truth.
  14. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 12:44
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    there are those that believe that the European Union is much closer to the truth.
    Yeah, that makes sense.
    Other than the facts that it isn't Roman nor is it an empire.
    But apart from that, I can see the reasoning.
  15. Riding the Atom Bomb
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 12:451 edit
    some believe the united nations will ban religion

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree