1. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Jul '20 00:49
    @philokalia said
    It is also the case, though, that we recognize that many of us will sin and will not attain perfection.

For it is said in Romans 3:23:

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
    Of course. Jesus does not require perfection either. If perfection was required there would be nobody in the Kingdom of God.
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    24 Jul '20 00:53
    @rajk999 said
    Church gibberish. Jesus said that HE is the one knocking and it is up to people to open the door.

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. (Revelation 3:20 KJV)

Opening the door is an indication that the person has decided to live a life of good works and ...[text shortened]... lood of Christ.

Your church doctrine misleads the ignorant and the gullible, and leads to death.
    I was merely using the "door" as a metaphor for the fact that one cannot enter the Kingdom of God unless Jesus paid a man's sin debt on the cross.

The "door" to the kingdom of God is the cross of Christ.

Not your works.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    24 Jul '20 00:571 edit
    @rajk999 said
    If perfection was required there would be nobody in the Kingdom of God.
    You are mistaken again.

God's perfect righteousness is required to enter the kingdom of God. It is imputed to the believer through faith in Jesus and His work on the cross. Not by your good works.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '20 05:21
    @rajk999 said
    The 'help' is the words, teachings and commandments of Christ. That is the only help people get. Jesus explained in that very chapter a few verses down, that to abide in Him is to keep His words and commandments

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; ...[text shortened]... love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
    (John 15:7-10 KJV)
    What did you think of the three scriptures I have you which were unequivocal in stating that we can do nothing without Jesus?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Jul '20 06:27
    @secondson said
    You are mistaken again.

God's perfect righteousness is required to enter the kingdom of God. It is imputed to the believer through faith in Jesus and His work on the cross. Not by your good works.
    Is it automatic?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Jul '20 11:36
    @secondson said
    I was merely using the "door" as a metaphor for the fact that one cannot enter the Kingdom of God unless Jesus paid a man's sin debt on the cross.

The "door" to the kingdom of God is the cross of Christ.

Not your works.
    The door to the Kingdom of God is JESUS CHRIST. Your assertion that the door is the cross is idolatry. You are placing inanimate objects and worshiping these things and sidelining the true teachings of Christ.

Your church is a failure and will have much to account for on the day of judgment.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Jul '20 11:381 edit
    @divegeester said
    What did you think of the three scriptures I have you which were unequivocal in stating that we can do nothing without Jesus?
    Did I not show where Jesus himself clarified that statement. It means that you can do nothing without HIS TEACHINGS, and that to abide in Him means to abide in His words, commandments and teachngs.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Jul '20 13:00
    @secondson said
    You are mistaken again.

You can never get the truth by cherry picking one verse out of Romans 4. Read on the rest of Romans and indeed all of the writings of the Apostles and you will see that the truth about eternal life in the Kingdom of God for the Christian is as follows :
    1. the believer professes faith in Christ
    2. the professed believer is cleansed by the blood of Christ
    3. all past sins and failings are removed and a new person in Christ emerges
    4. his faith saves him from death nd the righteousness of Christ is imputed to him
    5. his faith now IF GENUINE leads on to good works and righteousness
    6. his faith if dead leads to nothing ie good works and righteousness and in the end damnation.

Your doctrine has led you to #6, which is clearly condemned by Christ and the Apostles.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '20 07:50
    @suzianne said
    I really really doubt you'd much like being treated the way you treat some posters.
    You can doubt it all you want. I treat you, for example, in the way I would be happy for you to treat me.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '20 07:53
    @caesar-salad said
    So whenever we use your own forum tactics against you, you just see it as us treating you as you would like to be treated, is that right?
    What is an example of these "forum tactics" you are talking about? What is an example of anyone using these "forum tactics" ~ supposedly mine ~ against me?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '20 07:57
    @secondson said
    Idealistically the "golden rule" rings true in ones thoughts, but in practical reality, and in my opinion, man is at his heart selfish and self centered.I would be a hypocrite if I characterized myself as living a life where I would be comfortable saying I do more than try my best.
    If you mean to say that you do NOT treat people here the way you would like them to treat you, then perhaps say so plainly. I would have thought an online message board provides the ideal "practical reality" in which to apply the spirit of Matthew 7:12.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree