1. Joined
    09 Mar '11
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 08:42
    I don't know if/ how much any of guys know about meditation. But whenever i meditate I get really dizzy and get headches from it. I was wondering if anyone knew how to avoid that happening.
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 10:34
    Originally posted by daisychainsaw
    I don't know if/ how much any of guys know about meditation. But whenever i meditate I get really dizzy and get headches from it. I was wondering if anyone knew how to avoid that happening.
    random guy i cut and pasted of the interwebz says -

"Hi Jack,

I think it depends on how you are meditating. There are many flavors of meditation, just like there are many flavors of yoga and ice cream. Some methods go way out, and some go way in. I've noticed that when people get headaches, it's sometimes because they are doing meditations that have them energetically leaving their body and going too far too fast. Maybe you'll feel more comfortable doing meditations that have you going more into the earth and in your body. Being out in ether before the body is ready can feel uncomfortable for some people, and result in an annoying headache.

Next time try focusing on going into the earth and see how that is for you...

Hope that helps!

Orca"

my own advice would be to find a new calming hobby such as building a miniature world out of matchsticks or you can have fun with all the family converting the works of shakespeare into binary. happy days.
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 19:06
    Originally posted by daisychainsaw
    Over-oxygenation can lead to dizziness and headaches. Try slowing down your breathing maybe?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Feb '12 01:12
    Other than the advice already given , I would say "take it easy".. If you get to a point where you get headaches, just stop.
    Often your meditation is related to your expectations of it.
    For example you may think "I'm going to meditate for 30 min", where you may get dizzyness after 10-15 mins..

I would say that quality meditation is better than quantity.
    10min of quality meditation is better than 30 mins af lazy , dozy meditation.
    Dont have expectations. Just focus on 'quality awareness'.

If you lose your focus just quit. And take an "Aspro Clear" 😉
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Feb '12 01:16
    I get back aches more so than head aches when I meditate. It's like riding a bike. You dont forget what you've learnt-well your muscle memory doesn't anyway.

After you get more adept at it, you'll find the back aches become more of a problem- but then again everyone is different.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree