1. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 12:14
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Maybe it will predict when Jesus will finally return to earth 😲

Wouldn't that be swell?
    It might even get around the 'no man can tell' clause.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 16:42
    Originally posted by whodey
    No, this belong here.

I posit that the more information you have about things, the more you are able to predict the future.

Naturally, no one, or no computer, will be all knowing like God is, so there will always be room for error. However, the more information a computer has, the better able it is to predict the future.

I further posit that this is ...[text shortened]... mounts of information on you and keeping record of it. This will be used to predict the future.
    Well then, why did he have to set up the test for Ab, like he says, Abe, kill your son to prove your loyalty to me. I guess god wasn't so sure of Abe's loyalty and had to devise a cruel test. Then in the middle, Abe ready to strike with knife, Ok, I believe you. You are indeed loyal. Ok you don't have to kill your son, now I know you are loyal to me.

Funny this omniscient god wouldn't have known the outcome of any such test, even when it allegedly called in the universe, Earth, water, sky and such, right then an omniscient god would have known all about Abe and thus would not have needed to make up a cruel test.

But it does go to show you is the writers didn't take their story line very seriously. They should have written a bit more in the plot.

But hey, that's what humans do. Write crap down and other really gullible people will believe when the preacher starts talking oh SO sincerely.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 21:02

They have built a computer than has been successful at predicting future events, like the Arab Spring.
    How far in advance was this predicted?
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 21:05
    No, this belong here.

I posit that the more information you have about things, the more you are able to predict the future.

Naturally, no one, or no computer, will be all knowing like God is, so there will always be room for error. However, the more information a computer has, the better able it is to predict the future.

I further posit that this is ...[text shortened]... mounts of information on you and keeping record of it. This will be used to predict the future.
    If this is true, this means God could foresee the next few millennia of torture, war, abuse, starvation, pain, sadness, and (eventually) hellfire that humans would wind up in...and let it happen.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 22:49
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Still upset I see that you got called out for lying.
    No. Just wary...
    You said that you can predict thing like the sun coming up and I thought we were talking about human trends.

I'm over what happened before. But I'll try not to forget.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 22:51
    There is not a lot of difference. Some behaviors are easily predictable, some are impossible to predict. It would be impossible to predict who the president of the US will be in 2025, but one might be able to give a reasonable estimate as to which party they will belong to.
    Not a lot of difference between predicting natural events and human events? Is that what you're saying?
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 04:354 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Not a lot of difference between predicting natural events and human events? Is that what you're saying?
    Yes. Its all the same physics and math.

I can't predict your next thought, but I might be able to predict some of your long term behavior. I can't predict individual votes, but I might be able to predict the outcome of an election. Many predictions are based on statistics and sampling. There are limits to such strategies in a chaotic world. Those limits are mathematical and cannot be overcome with more information.

You could poll every person in the world, gathering detailed life histories and still not be able to predict the US president in the next election cycle. (in this cycle 'Mike Pence' would be a good bet).
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 22:27
    There are things in science that are not known to have a cause. Most things actually. It would appear that all quantum events are either random or as good as random, ie we cannot predict them.
    So you get the notion that all things do not have a cause by following up with it appears that quantum events don't have a cause?

Appears not to have a cause? That is good enough for you, eh?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 23:19
    For example had you polled the social media instead of the antiquated polling method to see who would win the election, Trump would have been shown to be the winner.
    The antiquated polling method got it more or less right: Clinton got approximately 3,000,000 more votes than Trump. If you "had polled social media" (whatever you think that means), what number of votes do you think it'd have said Trump would get.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 13:351 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The antiquated polling method got it more or less right: Clinton got approximately 3,000,000 more votes than Trump. If you "had polled social media" (whatever you think that means), what number of votes do you think it'd have said Trump would get.
    No, no they did not get it right.

I can't remember the number of times that I heard that Hillary was going to win the needed electoral votes by a large margin.

Two possibilities come to mind, they lied, or when asked people lied because it was not PC to support Trump. Some may have been fearful of their jobs or reputations or maybe fearful of that information being stored away in some NSA data bank that might be used secretly against them some day.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 13:37
    Originally posted by vivify
    If this is true, this means God could foresee the next few millennia of torture, war, abuse, starvation, pain, sadness, and (eventually) hellfire that humans would wind up in...and let it happen.
    Did he let it happen? Yes. Did he do nothing about it? Clearly not, that is, if you believe the Bible.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 13:38
    Yes. Its all the same physics and math.

I can't predict your next thought, but I might be able to predict some of your long term behavior. I can't predict individual votes, but I might be able to predict the outcome of an election. Many predictions are based on statistics and sampling. There are limits to such strategies in a chaotic world. Those limit ...[text shortened]... t the US president in the next election cycle. (in this cycle 'Mike Pence' would be a good bet).
    The more you get to know people the more you understand how they think and how they will respond to any given question or react to certain circumstances.

Most people are creatures of habit.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 13:59
    So you get the notion that all things do not have a cause by following up with it appears that quantum events don't have a cause?
    I never ever ever said that all things do not have a cause. Don't lie about me.

Appears not to have a cause? That is good enough for you, eh?
    Again, not what I said. I know your reading comprehension is abysmal, but I suspect you know what I said and chose to lie.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 13:59
    The more you get to know people the more you understand how they think and how they will respond to any given question or react to certain circumstances.

Most people are creatures of habit.
    Yes. In your case, you lie about anything and everything without fail.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 14:02
    No, no they did not get it right.
    I bet you can't provide any evidence of that.

I can't remember the number of times that I heard that Hillary was going to win the needed electoral votes by a large margin.
    So your evidence is something you can't remember. Got it.

Did any of those times you heard that actual involve polling data?

Two possibilities come to mind, they lied, or when asked people lied because it was not PC to support Trump.
    Far more likely is that they were typical reporters and they didn't have a clue how to interpret polling data.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree