1. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 00:142 edits
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    the early churches as you are very well aware such as the Asiatic churches celebrated it annually as was handed down to them by the Apostles and as you are also aware the only reason it was adopted otherwise was the Catholic churches anti Semitism. There is no evidence that it was meant to be daily either as we have been through before, your vain attemp the significance of Christ's sacrifice is explained. This is a large part of the ritual.[/b]
    i see, no reference to the lack of explanation and significance of the event, how telling, a formalistic ritual with probably more aesthetic value than spiritual, look Conrau, your house is abandoned to you!
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 00:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i see, no reference to the lack of explanation and significance of the event, how telling, a formalistic ritual with probably more aesthetic value than spiritual, look Conrau, your house is abandoned to you!
    There does not need to be any explanation to the significance of the event. The Paschal Feast, as was understood by Eusebius, was the commemoration of the day of Christ's death. If you look at the canons of the Council of Nicaea, it was only the date of this feast day which was under dispute.

I am not sure why you consider aesthetic and spiritual values as somehow in tension (mind you, I am not sure how anyone could call the average Catholic Mass 'aesthetic'.)
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 02:15
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    There does not need to be any explanation to the significance of the event. The Paschal Feast, as was understood by Eusebius, was the commemoration of the day of Christ's death. If you look at the canons of the Council of Nicaea, it was only the date of this feast day which was under dispute.

I am not sure why you consider aesthetic and spiritual values ...[text shortened]... ension (mind you, I am not sure how anyone could call the average Catholic Mass 'aesthetic'.)
    Yes in the case of a mere formalistic ritual, but not when scripture is opened and the words of Christ are actually read, then one need to put meaning into it, otherwise how will persons understand the import and significance of his words. Then again the Catholic church can hardly be credited with desiring persons to understand scripture, they kept it under lock and key and persecuted many persons who sought to translate it into the vernacular. I reject the Catholic terms that you supply and the Council of Nicaea.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 03:331 edit
    Yes in the case of a mere formalistic ritual, but not when scripture is opened and the words of Christ are actually read, then one need to put meaning into it, otherwise how will persons understand the import and significance of his words. Then again the Catholic church can hardly be credited with desiring persons to understand scripture, they kept ...[text shortened]... it into the vernacular. I reject the Catholic terms that you supply and the Council of Nicaea.
    Yes in the case of a mere formalistic ritual, but not when scripture is opened and the words of Christ are actually read, then one need to put meaning into it, otherwise how will persons understand the import and significance of his words. Then again the Catholic church can hardly be credited with desiring persons to understand scripture, they kept it under lock and key and persecuted many persons who sought to translate it into the vernacular.

I have no idea what your criticism is. We do have readings of Scripture in the vernacular. The preacher then delivers a homily explaining its import.

I reject the Catholic terms that you supply and the Council of Nicaea.

Yes. I quite understand that. However, since the only record of this dispute between the Asiatic church and Rome comes from Catholics and from one particular member of the Council of Nicaea, you have to accept their terminology when reading their works. You cannot say, 'Well, in my theology, the Paschal Feast is the Lord's Supper so that is what Polycarp meant'. In conversations, we do not stipulate what our interlocutor meant. Likewise, when it comes to history, we do not impose our definitions on others' works. Instead, we objectively seek to understand what they meant.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 10:52
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I personally would love to have a decent conversation with you but you don't even come close to earning it.
    Maybe I need to apologise for giving you the impression that I want to have a conversation with you. I dont know what I did to give you that idea but ... Im sorry. For the record I dont care to discuss Bible matters with you. You have failed to show that you are capable of interpreting the important doctrines taught in the Bible properly, and you are the type that Christ warned us to stay away from .... so stay away from me. Thanks.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 12:15
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Maybe I need to apologise for giving you the impression that I want to have a conversation with you. I dont know what I did to give you that idea but ... Im sorry. For the record I dont care to discuss Bible matters with you. You have failed to show that you are capable of interpreting the important doctrines taught in the Bible properly, and you are the type that Christ warned us to stay away from .... so stay away from me. Thanks.
    then why are you posting comments to us in a public forum? beat it! and dont annoy us again!šŸ˜›
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 12:56
    then why are you posting comments to us in a public forum? beat it! and dont annoy us again!šŸ˜›
    Both arrogance and stupidity in the same human ... Yep , you JWs are truly amazing.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 13:40
    Both arrogance and stupidity in the same human ... Yep , you JWs are truly amazing.
    Lol, amazing, why thank you, its true, now if you are done insulting us, i suggest you hit the road Jack, preferably from some height, say, 30,000 feetšŸ˜µ
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 14:49
    You got it buddy but that has to go both ways...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree