1. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    82844
    19 Mar '05 14:36
    Some members of our forum believe that memories of pain, suffering, loved ones left behind and so forth are no longer experienced in heaven.

    Would the logic follow that memory in hell would be a certainty? After all, how better torture the unfaithful than to have them suffer untold anguish in the knowledge that they are forever separated from all that is good, especially loved ones!

    Seems like quite a paradox!
  2. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    97738
    19 Mar '05 14:56
    Originally posted by eagles54
    Some members of our forum believe that memories of pain, suffering, loved ones left behind and so forth are no longer experienced in heaven.

    Would the logic follow that memory in hell would be a certainty? After all, how better torture the unfaithful than to have them suffer untold anguish in the knowledge that they are forever separated from all that is good, especially loved ones!

    Seems like quite a paradox!
    sounds like the truth
  3. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    82844
    19 Mar '05 17:30
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    sounds like the truth
    In what way does it sound like truth?

  4. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Joined
    16 Jun '04
    Moves
    63851
    19 Mar '05 18:08
    Originally posted by eagles54
    Some members of our forum believe that memories of pain, suffering, loved ones left behind and so forth are no longer experienced in heaven.

    Would the logic follow that memory in hell would be a certainty? After all, how better torture the unfaithful than to have them suffer untold anguish in the knowledge that they are forever separated from all that is good, especially loved ones!

    Seems like quite a paradox!
    Doesn't sound much like a paradox to me. If you can believe the one you can believe the other just as easily. Personally, I don't think that memory as we know it can survive death. No more brain, you see. As the man says, you can't take it with you!

    ... --- ...
  5. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    82844
    19 Mar '05 18:18
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    Doesn't sound much like a paradox to me. If you can believe the one you can believe the other just as easily. Personally, I don't think that memory as we know it can survive death. No more brain, you see. As the man says, you can't take it with you!

    ... --- ...
    How would it not be paradox to have memory in one eternal state and not in another? That would imply that God has set up greatly different mental recollective capabilities according to one's ultimate destination.
  6. Joined
    19 Mar '05
    Moves
    323
    20 Mar '05 03:30
    Originally posted by eagles54
    [b]Some members of our forum believe that memories of pain, suffering, loved ones left behind and so forth are no longer experienced in heaven.
    How could anyone know this? Do you know someone who has been to heaven, then returned to tell you these memories are no longer experienced?
  7. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Joined
    18 Jul '04
    Moves
    8353
    20 Mar '05 03:47
    I don't think eagle is claiming this. Check out "Is heaven all that great if there is a Hell," for people who will claim to know this claim and may give you a reason. Notice I didn't say a good reason . . .
  8. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    31382
    20 Mar '05 07:17
    Originally posted by eagles54
    How would it not be paradox to have memory in one eternal state and not in another? That would imply that God has set up greatly different mental recollective capabilities according to one's ultimate destination.
    It would indeed, but as god is supposedly onminpotent, this is not out of his league. I see no paradox here.
  9. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    55283
    20 Mar '05 12:16
    Originally posted by blueduck
    How could anyone know this? Do you know someone who has been to heaven, then returned to tell you these memories are no longer experienced?
    I've been to heaven.
    I got hella drunk there too.
    Obviously I don't go to nightclubs anymore, but the ladies were scantilly dressed. I was well impressed.
  10. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Joined
    27 Apr '02
    Moves
    16879
    22 Mar '05 10:50
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    I've been to heaven.
    I got hella drunk there too.
    Obviously I don't go to nightclubs anymore, but the ladies were scantilly dressed. I was well impressed.
    You didn't go to heaven the previous night if you don't feel like hell the next morning, right Shavixmir? 🙂
  11. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    82844
    22 Mar '05 16:53
    Originally posted by Starrman
    It would indeed, but as god is supposedly onminpotent, this is not out of his league. I see no paradox here.
    Wouldn't you think that God (not wanting to confuse we feeble-minded mortals) might stick to the same laws throughout his creation, including heaven and hell? Is God sensible and if not, why not?
Back to Top