1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 01:21
    "Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?" 1 Corinthians 11:14.

Paul is the architect of Christianity, is he not. We should listen to him?
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 01:25
    Originally posted by moon1969
    "Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?" 1 Corinthians 11:14.

No, see my post in your other idiotic thread for why.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 01:36

Well it seems Mr. Goooyfudge is being awefully friendly to you today isn't he?
  4. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 02:031 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    No, see my post in your other idiotic thread for why.
    My hair is getting a little long. It is over the tip of my ears and the back almost to my collar. Maybe I should get a haircut tomorrow.
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 03:53

http://bible.cc/leviticus/19-27.htm
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 04:09

Just shut up and cut your hair!! 😠
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 04:10
    My hair is getting a little long. It is over the tip of my ears and the back almost to my collar. Maybe I should get a haircut tomorrow.
    Convert, eh? Well that didn't take long. 😛
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 05:04

I am glad the US Army listen.
  9. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 01:091 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    http://bible.cc/leviticus/19-27.htm
    Is this a contradiction, or does the New Testament (Paul) prevail here.

Also, would seem like a weird hair style if you were to combine the two scriptures.
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 03:30
    Is this a contradiction, or does the New Testament (Paul) prevail here.

Also, would seem like a weird hair style if you were to combine the two scriptures.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_EtTL1Dx9t9M/Su7txM7eF8I/AAAAAAAAAKA/ZprgOWHjZVw/s320/Photo+115.jpg
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 10:09

In discussing the matter of headship with the Corinthian congregation, Paul called
    attention to the rule that a woman should wear a head covering when praying or
    prophesying before the congregation, as a sign of subjection. In illustration, he
    says: “Does not nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonour
    to him; but if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her? Because her hair is given
    her instead of a headdress.”—1Co 11:14, 15.

Paul’s reference to “nature itself” evidently included more than “custom,” which he
    mentions in verse 16 in connection with the use of a head covering by women.
    Hereditary characteristics also likely had a bearing on what Christians in Corinth
    viewed as natural. Among Europeans (such as the Greeks), the hair of women,
    when left uncut, usually becomes considerably longer than that of men. But this is
    not true of the straight hair of Orientals and Indians or of the woolly hair of Blacks
    and Melanesians.

In addition to their awareness of hereditary qualities among them, the Christians in
    Corinth knew that it was the general practice for men to clip their hair to a moderate
    length. This was common also among Jewish men; so the long uncut hair of Nazirites
    marked them as men who were not following the general custom. (Nu 6:5) On the
    other hand, Jewish women usually wore their hair quite long. (Lu 7:38; Joh 11:2)
    And in the Greek city of Corinth, shaving a woman’s head, or clipping her hair very
    short, was a sign of her being a slave or of her being in disgrace for having been
    caught in fornication or adultery.—1Co 11:6.

So, when saying that “nature itself” taught them, Paul evidently had in mind various
    factors that would influence their attitude as to what was natural.

source: Jehovahs Witnesses.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 13:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Among Europeans (such as the Greeks), the hair of women, when left uncut, usually becomes considerably longer than that of men.
    Do you have any references for this, or are the Jehovahs Witnesses as ill informed about nature as Paul was?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 15:04
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Do you have any references for this, or are the Jehovahs Witnesses as ill informed about nature as Paul was?
    not for prejudicial religio-phobes like you who proffer their opinions on books that they
    have never read. Ill informed, if any one knows ill informed, its got to be you.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 16:132 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    not for prejudicial religio-phobes like you who proffer their opinions on books that they
    have never read. Ill informed, if any one knows ill informed, its got to be you.
    OK. Your Jehovahs Witnesses source just made it up. I get it.

As for proffering opinions on books I have never read, I have already pointed out that that is perfectly valid in some instances and it has nothing to do with being ill informed or otherwise. (but we both know that that comment was only given because you cant stand it when your favourite organization is caught telling porkies).
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 21:471 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    OK. Your Jehovahs Witnesses source just made it up. I get it.

As for proffering opinions on books I have never read, I have already pointed out that that is perfectly valid in some instances and it has nothing to do with being ill informed or otherwise. (but we both know that that comment was only given because you cant stand it when your favourite organization is caught telling porkies).
    do your own research and as you have provided no evidence to the contrary ,
    except to display your now obligatory cynicism, i suggest its you who are the one in
    ignorance and who are simply content to make things up as evidenced by this latest
    proffering of yours, what reason do you have for stating that if left in its natural
    state a ladies hair will not grow longer than a mans, evidence nill, self certified
    opinion masquerading as something of substance.

In all my years here I have not learned a single thing from you, no not a single
    measly iota. Why, because your posts are empty and deviod of any substance, a
    reflection of a cynical attitude that has no practical value to anyone or anything, why
    you waste our time with these vanities, i do not know, so either post something
    interesting or take your contentions to someone that actually cares about them, they
    are meaningless to me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree