1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 18:23
    Originally posted by telerion
    So which is it? Is God outside of time or not?

Also, I must point out that if this is your evidence that your God has a different sort of time then you got your conversion rate wrong by several factors of ten. Did you make the first one up on your own authority or was it divinely-inspired?

I think that should be easy to figure out for you.

Also, I must point out that if this is your evidence that your God has a different sort of time then you got your conversion rate wrong by several factors of ten. Did you make the first one up on your own authority or was it divinely-inspired?

I don't think that Peter was using an exact conversion rate. He was was just showing the huge differences in time.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 18:341 edit
    Originally posted by dj2becker

Also, I must point out that if this is your evidence that your God has a different sort of time then you got your conversion r ...[text shortened]... rsion rate. He was was just showing the huge differences in time.

Don't cop out. Tell us. You have blatantly contradicted yourself. Which is it?

1) God is outside of time (human or non-human whatever that is)
    2) God is inside of time

I don't think that Peter was using an exact conversion rate. He was was just showing the huge differences in time.

So was your figure the accurate one? Or were you embellishing on a previous embellishment?

3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 19:01
    Originally posted by telerion
    [b]I think that should be easy to figure out for you.

Don't cop out. Tell us. You have blatantly contradicted yourself. Which is it?

1) God is outside of time (human or non-human whatever that is)
    2) God is inside of time

I don't think that Peter was using an exact conversion rate. He was was just showing the huge differences in tim ...[text shortened]... o was your figure the accurate one? Or were you embellishing on a previous embellishment?

God is outside of human time. The sciptural reference is the accurate one. I misquoted it in the beginnig.
  4. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 20:391 edit
    God is outside of human time. The sciptural reference is the accurate one. I misquoted it in the beginnig.
    So God is within a "God-time"?

Is this what you believe?

Do you know anything of its characteristics? In what way is it more like time (and thus called "God-time" ) than like say a potato or a car or space?

How much God time does God have?

Does God exist independent of God, or was it designed by God as well?

Could God-time negate God's omniscience? For example, God would like to post in RHP and confirm his existence to us but cannot because he also wants to impregnate other adolescent girls and simply does not have enough "God-time" to do both?
  5. Meddling with things
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 21:42
    Without exception, you should fall in one of the three categories: theists, atheists or agnostics.

If you are a theist, then you believe in a supreme being called God who is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. In this case, you are a creationist and believe strongly that God created the universe and everything in it, including you and me. In other ...[text shortened]... e accused them of, being mental couch potatoes.

http://www.mwillett.org/atheism/agnostic.htm
    I like potatoes and occasionally I sit on couches.

I hope this helps
  6. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 23:10
    Well, I need to find out more about you before I can put you into a category.

Firstly, do you believe any of the Bible?
    Do I believe in the Bible?

Well, I've never read it from cover to cover so can't really say yeah or nay either way. Although I follow with interest many of the discussions on this list with interest, and my g/f is wholly convinced, and does try to dissuade me from my stance of "God created Universe approx 14 billion years ago....".

Now if she can't change my mind, you've got no chance!

Problem I have with the Bible is the apparent high level of inconsistencies in it. I also think that many of the stories in it are apocryphal in nature, e.g. Genesis.

And if I spoke to a devout Moslem, no doubt he would do his best to convince me that the Koran is also the divinely inspired word of God...

For all I know, maybe they both are...
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Jun '05 08:44
    Originally posted by PawnCurry
    Do I believe in the Bible?

Well, I've never read it from cover to cover so can't really say yeah or nay either way. Although I follow with interest many of the discussions on this list with interest, and my g/f is wholly convinced, and does try to dissuade me from my stance of "God created Universe approx 14 billion years ago....".

Now if she can ...[text shortened]... the Koran is also the divinely inspired word of God...

For all I know, maybe they both are...
    Well I suggest you watch these creation seminars: They are freely avvailable on the internet: http://www.biblebelievers.com/hovind/index.html
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    16 Jun '05 09:24
    ...if you want a good laugh that is.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Jun '05 10:20
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    ...if you want a good laugh that is.
    Yea, and watch it first before you speak. And don't be put off by a bunch of chaps that have never even seen it.
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    16 Jun '05 11:04
    Yea, and watch it first before you speak. And don't be put off by a bunch of chaps that have never even seen it.
    I'm not being put off by anyone. Anyone that is except Hovind himself. The fact that he is a raving lunatic is a major disadvantage when attempting to overthrow years of scientific knowledge.
  11. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    16 Jun '05 11:27
    Do you think that God is restricted by some fomulas of mathematics?

A cop out answer, if you ask me. You derive your own flawed logic so that god "fits". What a lot of religions have been doing for generations.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Jun '05 11:52
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    I'm not being put off by anyone. Anyone that is except Hovind himself. The fact that he is a raving lunatic is a major disadvantage when attempting to overthrow years of scientific knowledge.
    Back to the old strategy of insulting the source if you have nothing to refute his arguments with. 😴
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '05 01:17
    Without exception, you should fall in one of the three categories: theists, atheists or agnostics.

If you are a theist, then you believe in a supreme being called God who is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. In this case, you are a creationist and believe strongly that God created the universe and everything in it, including you and me. In other ...[text shortened]... e accused them of, being mental couch potatoes.

http://www.mwillett.org/atheism/agnostic.htm
    unbelievable. dj2, you and your penchant for cut and paste are officially out of control. the sad thing is that you show no ability for tasteful discrimination -- you seem to post anything you can find. you must be using poogle (instead of google) because all of your posts i have read are big steaming piles of horse loaf.

if you think that agnosticism is the easy way out, you are wrong. if you think that agnosticism is not an affirmation, you are wrong again. there are certain things you could study all your life and in good faith you may not be able to make heads or tails of it. the only mental masturbation in that case is pretending like you understand in a loud booming voice. in such cases, concluding that you don't know advances knowledge.

i find it interesting that someone who has stated the he 'hates' hypocrisy would be so fast to dismiss all agnostics as mental couch potatoes. i don't dismiss all christians as moronic cut and paste freaks (as a random example).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree