1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 May '15 03:11
    Isaiah 4:1 uses three metaphors.
    And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying,
    We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel:
    only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.

The first is the seven women. These seven women are metaphorically the same as the "woman" that the Lord (who is the Bridegroom has taken and for the moment, forsaken) for His bride; and, in fact, this is simply an extension of that metaphor. It means His Church, or His children.

The number seven in Jewish symbolism means completeness or fullness, so this would mean many brides, or in other words, many churches.

The second metaphor is the "bread," which they reject, preferring to eat their own. This is the same metaphor Jesus used when he said, "I am the bread of life" (John 6:35,41,48,51,58). It represents the truth of the Gospel that leads to salvation. This line means, then, that they reject the truth (bread) that he brings, preferring to rely on their own knowledge, false as it might be.

The third metaphor is their own "apparel," which, like their "bread," they prefer theirs to his. His apparel represents his authority. To wear their own apparel means, then, that they reject His authority, preferring their own, which is of men.

It means they reject the whole truth of "Him" that they know is the "One," but they still want to be called by "His Name," "to take away our reproach." This tells us that in our day there will be many churches that will call themselves Christians, but they will deny a great deal of the truths about Christ. In other words, they reject most of the truth, accepting only the parts they find convenient.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 May '15 07:371 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Passing off someone else's words as your own is dishonest.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 May '15 15:462 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Passing off someone else's words as your own is dishonest.
    Everyone passes off someone else's words as their own and it is usually called communicating. No one person invented all the words. And when did I claim I invented any of these words? 😏
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    12 May '15 17:11
    This guy truly gets dumber by the day.
  5. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 May '15 17:15
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    😵
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 May '15 18:32
    Everyone passes off someone else's words as their own and it is usually called communicating. No one person invented all the words. And when did I claim I invented any of these words? 😏
    Incorrect and in fact more dishonesty from you. Your OP was copied from elsewhere and someone else wrote it. You posted it in here hoping to pass it off as your own.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 May '15 19:35
    Incorrect and in fact more dishonesty from you. Your OP was copied from elsewhere and someone else wrote it. You posted it in here hoping to pass it off as your own.
    You should know by now that I can not think for myself and have to use other people's ideas. Just be thankful it was not another Youtube video. 😏
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 May '15 19:40
    You should know by now that I can not think for myself and have to use other people's ideas. Just be thankful it was not another Youtube video. 😏
    Irrespective of your plethora of other issues, you know very well that passing of another person's words as your own is dishonest.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 May '15 19:46
    Irrespective of your plethora of other issues, you know very well that passing of another person's words as your own is dishonest.
    As I said, people use other peoples ideas all the time to make a point. I am not in your classroom and you do not get to dictate what I can or cannot write. So bug off. 😠
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 May '15 20:01
    As I said, people use other peoples ideas all the time to make a point. I am not in your classroom and you do not get to dictate what I can or cannot write. So bug off. 😠
    You are not merely "using someone's ideas" in your own words, you are copy/pasting another person's writing and trying to pass it off as your own. It's called plagiarism, it is dishonest and very poor forum etiquette.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 May '15 20:04
    The number seven in Jewish symbolism means completeness or fullness, so this would mean many brides, or in other words, many churches.

And yet the 7 days of Creation are to be taken literally! 🙄
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 May '15 20:06
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Yeah - just when you think he has hit bottom he surprises.

However I stand by my assertion of a couple of years ago ... he is fake.
    I truly believe nobody is that stupid.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 May '15 21:18
    You are not merely "using someone's ideas" in your own words, you are copy/pasting another person's writing and trying to pass it off as your own. It's called plagiarism, it is dishonest and very poor forum etiquette.
    There is nothing wrong with copy/pasting on here. So what, if it is plagiarism when I am not trying to get any money from it. That is not against RHP law.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 May '15 21:22
    The point is to give examples of Metaphors as used in the Holy Bible.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 May '15 01:05
    There is nothing wrong with copy/pasting on here. So what, if it is plagiarism when I am not trying to get any money from it. That is not against RHP law.
    It is stealing though.
    Isn't that against one of your god's rules?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree