1. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 16:05
    How many times, even here, do i hear you, my fellow Christains. 'I believe that Jesus in my Lord and Savior. He has taken all my sins, so it is ok for me to sin in the flesh.

Where is the desire to grow deeper in faith, deeper in knowledge, deeper in love with God. Striving to be perfect in God, to be one with God.
  2. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 16:18
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    How many times, even here, do i hear you, my fellow Christains. 'I believe that Jesus in my Lord and Savior. He has taken all my sins, so it is ok for me to sin in the flesh.

Where is the desire to grow deeper in faith, deeper in knowledge, deeper in love with God. Striving to be perfect in God, to be one with God.
    Can you give some examples of Christian posters saying it is OK to sin in the flesh?
  3. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 16:43
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Can you give some examples of Christian posters saying it is OK to sin in the flesh?
    Go read some of the comments in the post 'the myth, once saved always saved'.

I'll go threw it in a minute
  4. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 17:12
    Go read some of the comments in the post 'the myth, once saved always saved'.

I'll go threw it in a minute
    I can't really go through all 210 posts. I have scanned a number of the pages and can't see any Christian saying it is OK to sin, or anything remotely close to it.

Hence my question.
  5. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 17:33
    I can't really go through all 210 posts. I have scanned a number of the pages and can't see any Christian saying it is OK to sin, or anything remotely close to it.

Hence my question.
    What has been said is, once you say 'Jesus is my Lord and savior', salvation is guarenteed. I don't like naming names, but there are a few who believe that the sins of the flesh are meaningless as salvation is gaurenteed.
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 17:48
    I wasn't trying to rehash the argument going on in the other thread 'The myth: Once saved always saved'. I am trying to ask why we Christains seek to be the least in heaven.

Have you heard it from another, 'just want to get into heaven'. Why just make it, what about going for a deeper relationship with God?
  7. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 17:52

Hence my question.
    To answer your question, it is comments like this, 'but how could you truely lose something God freely gives'. And in the process of this arguement, was the concept of sins of the flesh being ilrelivent.
  8. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 18:04
    To answer your question, it is comments like this, 'but how could you truely lose something God freely gives'. And in the process of this arguement, was the concept of sins of the flesh being ilrelivent.
    OK, I think I misunderstood. As you want to talk about something else in this thread, I won't pursue it.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 23:142 edits
    I don't believe Christians believe that just saying, "Jesus is my Lord and Savior" is equal to being saved. Loving Jesus, repentance, and turning from sin is also a part of salvation. We show our love for Jesus by obeying His commandments. Saying we are saved does not give us a pass to keep on sinning.

The apostle Paul wrote the following:

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

(Philippians 2:12-13 NKJV)

The Instructor
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 23:494 edits
    "1.28. God respects our volition. He has given us the freedom to make our own uncoerced individual choice with respect to the person and finished work of Jesus Christ. By a simple act of faith we can have eternal life: “He gave His only begotten [uniquely born] Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3: 16b)

1.29. It’s a private decision. No one else can make it for us nor has the right to force us to make any decision in this matter. In the privacy of your own soul, you too can simply tell God the Father you are believing in Jesus Christ. In that moment, your eternal future will be assured. You will have eternal life; you will share an eternal relationship with God and live with Him forever in heaven. Faith alone in Christ alone is salvation! Choice is yours." (RHP/Spirituality Forum Reference Section)

God commands the Christian to be inwardly transformed (Romans 12:2). This transformation or growing in grace requires a daily renewing of the mind through learning and applying the Word of God accurately (2 Corinthians 4:16; Ephesians 4:23).

Note: Love requires a subject and an object. It's impossible to love someone (object) without coming to know them first.

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love Him because he first loved us." (God’s Love and Ours 1 John 4:18-19 NIV)
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 00:002 edits

I have been participating in this discussion board off and on for many years. I have seen different Christians post different things here.

I do not recall any Christian ever boasting or expressing any desire to commit sins because she or he was a forgiven sinner.

If anyone knows of quotation expressing this kind of thought I would like to see it. Where was the expression used "It is OK for me to sin" ?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 00:39

I have been involved in the thread you mention, but you miss the real question here. Can a Christian "lose" their salvation once they are saved?
    No one ever said they want a guarantee to sin without consequence.

I have no greater desire than to grow in my fellowship with Jesus Christ. That is the whole purpose of salvation.
    What I contend and continue to, is that if a Christian has sinned or fallen away, he/she will not lose their salvation.

Having said that, I have always pointed out that the stupid thing to do is continue in sin and give Satan a foothold in one's life. It is to invite death itself. I loathe sin, hate it, but friends I have that have "given up" so to speak, will not lose their salvation.
    They love God, but are weak in faith and fall into temptation. God will finish what he began in them.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Nov '13 22:31
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't believe Christians believe that just saying, "Jesus is my Lord and Savior" is equal to being saved. Loving Jesus, repentance, and turning from sin is also a part of salvation. We show our love for Jesus by obeying His commandments. Saying we are saved does not give us a pass to keep on sinning.

The apostle Paul wrote the following:

[b]Theref ...[text shortened]... to will and to do for His good pleasure.

(Philippians 2:12-13 NKJV)

The Instructor[/b]
    What will be the outcome for a Christian who just says Jesus is Lord and Saviour, and then proceeds to sin, without repenting and does this repeatedly? Is that Christian still saved or will still be saved?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Nov '13 06:06
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    What will be the outcome for a Christian who just says Jesus is Lord and Saviour, and then proceeds to sin, without repenting and does this repeatedly? Is that Christian still saved or will still be saved?
    Obviously one that does not repent of his/her sins will not be saved.

The Instructor
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Nov '13 11:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Obviously one that does not repent of his/her sins will not be saved.

The Instructor
    Its not so obvious to some Christians. And you yourself appear a bit confused as well. In another thread you said that you are not sure that if someone is saved that they can become unsaved.

Here you say that it is obvious that sin and a lack of repentance will cause a Christian 'not to be saved'.

Maybe you should explain your opinion clearly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree