1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Apr '11 19:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    you misrepresent the post; in no way would I ever suggest atheists should "shut up"; I'm surprised at you.
    What was the point of your post then?
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Apr '11 19:05
    Looking holistically at the evidence in the OP link, I think it is clear that atheism is very much in the extreme minority (irrespective of some posts claiming dilution of the statistic through segmentation of theist denomination). Atheism is not the (statistically) normal state for the contemporary human. I'll accept your so called logic if you will accept the humanistic evidence...
    Then playing the same game as you here, any *particular* interpretation of the bible is not the (statistically) normal state for the contemporary human!
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Apr '11 19:071 edit
    I'll accept your so called logic if you will accept the humanistic evidence...
    Seriously, why should you accept the logic conditionally on people accepting that atheism is a minority?

With statements like this, I don't think you're helping the case that you aren't basically telling atheists to not criticize your beliefs because they are in a minority.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '11 19:16
    Originally posted by Palynka
    What was the point of your post then?
    Read it.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '11 19:18
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Then playing the same game as you here, any *particular* interpretation of the bible is not the (statistically) normal state for the contemporary human!
    Where is the "game"?

You atheists are always demanding evidence; I'm just giving you some. Not my problem if you don't like the stats dude.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '11 19:22
    Seriously, why should you accept the logic conditionally on people accepting that atheism is a minority?

With statements like this, I don't think you're helping the case that you aren't basically telling atheists to not criticize your beliefs because they are in a minority.
    I'm not telling atheists not to criticism my beliefs - read the OP and you will see clearly what I'm saying.
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Apr '11 19:294 edits
    Where is the "game"?

You atheists are always demanding evidence; I'm just giving you some. Not my problem if you don't like the stats dude.
    Evidence of what though? You'd be misrepresenting the stats (assuming they're valid) if you were implicitly suggesting that an overwhelming majority of people are adherents of any particular faith; whilst on the other hand, if you weren't then given the distribution of different beliefs your OP is pointless, since on a case by case basis atheism ceases to be the minority anyway!
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '11 19:40
    Evidence of what though? You'd be misrepresenting the stats (assuming they're valid) if you were implicitly suggesting that 97.5% are adherents of any particular faith; whilst on the other hand, if you weren't then given the distribution of different beliefs your OP is pointless, since on a case by case basis atheism ceases to be the minority anyway!
    Incorrect. The link to wiki clearly demonstrates studies which show that atheism is massively in the minority to theistic mindsets globally. And yet as I state in th OP - here at RHP in the "spirituality forum" we are over-represented by atheists bent on arguing their belief and attempting to convert theists to their mindset through logic and rational. Go away and stop trying to convert me/us to your view of the world. Isn't this what you say to us theists?
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Apr '11 19:41
    I'm not telling atheists not to criticism my beliefs - read the OP and you will see clearly what I'm saying.
    Well, it's obvious that I don't understand and you don't seem willing to explain. I'll leave you alone then.
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Apr '11 19:431 edit
    Incorrect. The link to wiki clearly demonstrates studies which show that atheism is massively in the minority to theistic mindsets globally. And yet as I state in th OP - here at RHP in the "spirituality forum" we are over-represented by atheists bent on arguing their belief and attempting to convert theists to their mindset through logic and rational. ...[text shortened]... op trying to convert me/us to your view of the world. Isn't this what you say to us theists?
    Your mistake (amongst many) is taking a naive look at the statistics. I can simply invert your 'reasoning' and claim that YOUR particular belief system is the minority!

Of the 97.5% that don't explicitly identify themselves as atheists are you seriously claiming they all believe even in some sort of god??? 😕
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '11 19:47
    Well, it's obvious that I don't understand and you don't seem willing to explain. I'll leave you alone then.
    Suit yourself. Although I remain surprised and a little disappointed that you choose to refrain when the challenge is afoot.

Why are you here Mr Minority? Are you trying to convert me? Don't you feel drawn to your own ilk, to seek out those who share your opinion? Or is it that your continued presence here demonstrates what the OP implies; i.e. you are what you behold: evangelists of a "cult" and here to gain disciples of atheism...
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '11 19:48
    Your mistake (amongst many) is taking a naive look at the statistics. I can simply invert your 'reasoning' and claim that YOUR particular belief system is the minority!

Of the 97.5% that don't explicitly identify themselves as atheists are you seriously claiming they all believe even in some sort of god??? 😕
    Yes I am. Read upon it, you may be surprised.
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Apr '11 19:50
    Suit yourself. Although I remain surprised and a little disappointed that you choose to refrain when the challenge is afoot.

Why are you here Mr Minority? Are you trying to convert me? Don't you feel drawn to your own ilk, to seek out those who share your opinion? Or is it that your continued presence here demonstrates what the OP implies; i.e. you are what you behold: evangelists of a "cult" and here to gain disciples of atheism...
    Wow. Bitter much?
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Apr '11 19:511 edit
    Yes I am. Read upon it, you may be surprised.
    Wow...so not even any agnostics in your view then! 😕 (*edit* didn't mean to copy your "wow" palynka!)
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '11 19:51
    Wow. Bitter much?
    No. Just on the numbers my friend. Carry on...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree