1. Maryland
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 12:08
    To my theists friends........Have you ever had a prayer "answered" in such a way that it could only be explained as a miracle as opposed to occurring based on an explanation not involving a supernatural power?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 14:471 edit
    Originally posted by 667joe
    To my theists friends........Have you ever had a prayer "answered" in such a way that it could only be explained as a miracle as opposed to occurring based on an explanation not involving a supernatural power?
    If you see someone say yes to this, than what? You want it documented, or you just
    going to take thier word for it?
    Kelly
  3. Maryland
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 15:50
    My thought is no one will be able to give me an example that can't be explained without the necessity of god. So far no one has.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 01:15
    Evidences for the non-mythical historical Jesus Christ, Including the expertise of a world authority on legal evidence:

YouTube&feature=related
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 01:17
    Yes.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 01:19
    Nineteen (non biblical) pagan writers who refer to Jesus Christ.

YouTube&NR=1
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 01:37
    My thought is no one will be able to give me an example that can't be explained without the necessity of god. So far no one has.
    People can explain away anything, who cares? If I say something happened
    that fits what you are looking for, and you don't believe me what does that
    mean? It does not add to or take away from reality, only you believing me or
    not.
    Kelly
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 12:28
    Mine was a flood. I prayed on and off over a period of about two weeks. I was going crazy and would get down on my knees and pray for rain. Never had anything like it happen to me before or since. About 6 months later I had to leave my home as flood waters started coming into the house. The next day I couldn't get back into the town as every exit was blocked off from floodwaters. This was the very first of a series of floods that hit our country and never experienced anything like it in my lifetime. I have 4 options.

A) It just happened.
    B) God answered my prayers.
    C) The floods were manipulated as I believe it is entirely possible to do.
    D) We have the technology/understanding to predict floods and I would say the same for earthquakes well in advance.

Beat that.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 12:35
    Originally posted by Allnightlongg
    Mine was a flood. I prayed on and off over a period of about two weeks. I was going crazy and would get down on my knees and pray for rain. Never had anything like it happen to me before or since. About 6 months later I had to leave my home as flood waters started coming into the house. The next day I couldn't get back into the town as every exit was b ...[text shortened]... nding to predict floods and I would say the same for earthquakes well in advance.

Beat that.
    Every time I come to a traffic light I pray to God to turn it green. It always works! It's a miracle!
    Sometimes it works within the second, sometimes I have to wait in a minute or more. But in the end it always turns green! Praise God, Hallelujah!
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 12:38
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Every time I come to a traffic light I pray to God to turn it green. It always works! It's a miracle!
    Sometimes it works within the second, sometimes I have to wait in a minute or more. But in the end it always turns green! Praise God, Hallelujah!
    These are pretty slim odds with only one ticket that was the right color.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 12:46
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Nineteen (non biblical) pagan writers who refer to Jesus Christ.
    Why does this keep coming up in this forum? What does your list of "pagan writers who refer to Jesus Christ" have to do with anything? Do you think it constitutes evidence for something? If so, what?
    If I (a pagan) mention Jesus Christ in a book, does that constitute evidence for something? What? If I don't count for you list then why not?

Are you under the mistaken impression that one of those writers actually met Jesus, or had reliable direct knowledge of Jesus' existence? If so, you are wrong and need to check your sources. There is not one single writer who claims to have actually met Jesus in person whether they be pagan or theist. All pagan writers merely mention the existence of Christians and their belief that Jesus existed (hardly something that anyone would dispute, after all, here you are on this forum, so Christians do exist).
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 12:521 edit
    In case you're wondering my personal views. I tend towards D.

A is careless, B is blind, C is paranoid, D is commonsense.
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 13:22
    Originally posted by Allnightlongg
    These are pretty slim odds with only one ticket that was the right color.
    Right. If you wait for the rain long enough, the rain comes. Prayers are unneccessary.
    I thought you understood the satire.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 13:29
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Right. If you wait for the rain long enough, the rain comes. Prayers are unneccessary.
    I thought you understood the satire.
    Six months for a rare once in lifetime event that you were at the door buying a ticket. This makes lotto a joke.

Nope weather can be predicted like a dog can predict an earthquake. Not alone as the sample is too small but through people's combined senses weather patterns can be predicted far superior then what we know and understand today. Technology is behind what man is capable of.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '10 13:462 edits
    Why don't you try one time in your life getting down on your knees over a period of two weeks and repeatedly pray for one specific thing and see what happens. NOTHING! You wouldn't even try cause it is so stupid. The subconcious mind knew that a flood was comming. The prayers are necessary for proof that they can be predicted is what I am trying to say. They are a personal video tape of my subconcious and it got a great big white tick. 😀.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree