1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 11:33
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    They are only accepting what you guys have hijacked and claimed to be part of evolution. It is that part that some now call microevolution instead of variations in species.
    Riiiiight. 🙄
  2. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 11:34
    That makes no difference how many purposes or uses resulted, it all boils down to being represented by your evolutionists friend in that video. If they did not want it to appear that way then they could have changed it.
    Well, usually when authors of popular science work, they do so under the assumption that
    everyone understands the concept of figurative speech. It's true that by now they should be
    aware of the limitations imposed on the average creationist mind, but call them naïve
    optimists about the quality of home schooling, if you will.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 13:01
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Well, usually when authors of popular science work, they do so under the assumption that
    everyone understands the concept of figurative speech. It's true that by now they should be
    aware of the limitations imposed on the average creationist mind, but call them naïve
    optimists about the quality of home schooling, if you will.
    I was not a product of home schooling. I went through the normal public schooling as the majority. My family was not wealthy. So your assumptions are not justified.
  4. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 13:22
    I was not a product of home schooling. I went through the normal public schooling as the majority. My family was not wealthy. So your assumptions are not justified.
    Well, I guess educational quality is not a priority where you come from. No matter, I'm happy to school you.

...for free... 😕
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 13:28
    Well, I guess educational quality is not a priority where you come from. No matter, I'm happy to school you.

...for free... 😕
    I'm just fine with my Youtube videos, thank you.
  6. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 13:44
    I'm just fine with my Youtube videos, thank you.
    Obviously. 🙄
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 14:09
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Although it's been pointed out numerous times already, and I doubt you will listen this time but here we go, evolution does not belong solely to atheists. There are countless people of differing faiths all round the world who also accept the evidence for evolution. I know you like to exist in this black and white world, but please, for once, pull your head out your obese ass and try and see the world for as it is. 😏
    +1 from me.

I'm not stupid. I can see evolution as the best answer so far to "where did we come from?"

Furthermore, I don't get hung up on my preconceptions of what I think God can or cannot do. I believe God was smart enough to use evolution as a tool for the creation of species just so that, years later, when we got more technologically advanced, we could point to the gradual emergence of speciation and choose to either believe God did it, or that God had no hand in it. Free will is maintained.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 14:191 edit

...for free... 😕
    I can't let this offhand comment go.

The public education system educated millions of kids who turned out just fine and went on to college and had good careers. Especially in America, we could have maintained educational quality forever had we justly compensated teachers what they earn in sacrificing their time and effort educating our children when many of them could be out excelling in their fields, thus ensuring quality teachers aren't drained out of the system. But conservatives in Congress have this weird idea that "anything government can do, private enterprise can do better" which is a farce. All that does is drain money from the public education system, causing their prophecy of poor education to be self-fulfilling. And it doesn't do our children any favors, especially if you're poor and cannot afford to send your kids to the outrageously-priced private schools. And creating "voucher programs" is an outrageous insult to these people, because without these programs, that money now being siphoned off to private schools could go back to the public school systems where it belongs, bringing back "quality" to the public school systems.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 14:25
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    +1 from me.

I'm not stupid. I can see evolution as the best answer so far to "where did we come from?"

Furthermore, I don't get hung up on my preconceptions of what I think God can or cannot do. I believe God was smart enough to use evolution as a tool for the creation of species just so that, years later, when we got more technologically advanced, ...[text shortened]... nd choose to either believe God did it, or that God had no hand in it. Free will is maintained.
    It is clear from the Holy Bible that God DID NOT use evolution. God did not create some common ancestor and allow evolution to take over from there.

God designed and made plants, then sea creatures and birds, and then all the different kinds of land animals so that each of them reproduced only after their own kind. Then God made man, male and female to reproduce after their own kind. That is far different from evolution.
  10. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 14:31
    I can't let this offhand comment go.

The public education system educated millions of kids who turned out just fine and went on to college and had good careers. Especially in America, we could have maintained educational quality forever had we justly compensated teachers what they earn in sacrificing their time and effort educating our children w ...[text shortened]... he public school systems where it belongs, bringing back "quality" to the public school systems.
    I think it sucks, by the way, how undervalued teachers are (not just there, but
    most everywhere). I also think it sucks how their jobs are made harder when
    science teachers have to debate obstinate religious zealots about issues that
    were settled in the scientific community decades ago.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 14:35
    I fully agree with both those points.

The Texas State Board of Education isn't doing Texas kids any favors either.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 14:38
    It is clear from the Holy Bible that God DID NOT use evolution. God did not create some common ancestor and allow evolution to take over from there.

God designed and made plants, then sea creatures and birds, and then all the different kinds of land animals so that each of them reproduced only after their own kind. Then God made man, male and female to reproduce after their own kind. That is far different from evolution.
    It is only clear in your own mind because you insist the Bible means only what you think it does. You err precisely in the same way JWs err.

Open your mind a little Ron. God is not only as large as the mind of man. He does not have to be restricted to limitations we put on Him.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 14:49
    It is only clear in your own mind because you insist the Bible means only what you think it does. You err precisely in the same way JWs err.

Open your mind a little Ron. God is not only as large as the mind of man. He does not have to be restricted to limitations we put on Him.
    I can't put limitations on God. You are the one limiting the creation by God by claiming God did it over billions of years with evolution instead of 6 days by special creation. Apparently so you can impress your atheist friends into thinking you are just as intelligent as you think they are.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 14:53

I see the bible as a road map it shows you the way but we get to choose the route we take(sometimes we take a wrong turn/dead end etc) but usually we find our way and as is often said its not the destination but the journey that matters.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 02:52
    I am sure teachers would be much more valued by many of us, if they would refuse to teach the lies of evolution to the students.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree