1. Maryland
    Joined
    10 Jun '05
    Moves
    110614
    26 Apr '14 18:45
    . . The Christian religion not only was at first attended with miracles, but even at this day cannot be believed by any reasonable person without one.”

    —David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, 1748
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    26 Apr '14 18:53
    Originally posted by 667joe
    . . The Christian religion not only was at first attended with miracles, but even at this day cannot be believed by any reasonable person without one.”

    —David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, 1748
    Hume also said,

    "A miracle is a violation of the laws of nature ... When any one tells me, that he saw a dead man restored to life, I immediately consider with myself, whether it be more probable, that this person should either deceive or be deceived, or that the fact, which he relates, should really have happened."
  3. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8658
    27 Apr '14 09:07
    Two things some Atheists want to communicate:

    1.) There is no God.

    2.) I hate Him.

    Evolution Demolition

    YouTube
  4. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51472
    27 Apr '14 09:09
    Originally posted by sonship
    Two things some Atheists want to communicate:

    1.) There is no God.

    2.) I hate Him.

    [b] Evolution Demolition


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf32BXMSN7A[/b]
    Evolution demolished by YouTube?!

    Are you the new RJHinds? 😞
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    27 Apr '14 09:27
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Evolution demolished by YouTube?!

    Are you the new RJHinds? 😞
    No. He can't beat me. Here is the miracle of evolution that you atheists believe in or actually the fairy tale you atheists believe in:

    YouTube
  6. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    40565
    27 Apr '14 09:57
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No. He can't beat me. Here is the miracle of evolution that you atheists believe in or actually the fairy tale you atheists believe in:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CgXfkEGxE0
    That's just stupid. I can see the problem though. To say that some animal have adapted an
    ability is too misleading when it sweeps through the mind of a literalist numbnut. It's
    almost funny, but so sad to see mind capital so wasted.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    27 Apr '14 10:09
    Originally posted by C Hess
    That's just stupid. I can see the problem though. To say that some animal have adapted an
    ability is too misleading when it sweeps through the mind of a literalist numbnut. It's
    almost funny, but so sad to see mind capital so wasted.
    So you are saying we must NOT take evolution as literal, but as figurative or metaphorical? That seems to be a trick too me.
  8. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51472
    27 Apr '14 10:122 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No. He can't beat me. Here is the miracle of evolution that you atheists believe in or actually the fairy tale you atheists believe in:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CgXfkEGxE0
    Although it's been pointed out numerous times already, and I doubt you will listen this time but here we go, evolution does not belong solely to atheists. There are countless people of differing faiths all round the world who also accept the evidence for evolution. I know you like to exist in this black and white world, but please, for once, pull your head out your obese ass and try and see the world for as it is. 😏
  9. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8658
    27 Apr '14 10:162 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Evolution demolished by YouTube?!

    Are you the new RJHinds? 😞
    What? Evolution too sacred to be disbunked by a YouTube video ?

    Not so. Devastating. The liberal bent in me felt sorry for the underdog - Evolution

    Evolution Demolition
    YouTube
  10. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    27 Apr '14 10:25
    Originally posted by sonship
    What? Evolution too sacred to be disbunked by a YouTube video ?

    Not so. Devastating. The liberal bent in me felt sorry for the underdog - Evolution

    [b]Evolution Demolition

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf32BXMSN7A[/b]
    You have deliberately posted the same YouTube link twice on the same thread page?
  11. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51472
    27 Apr '14 11:16
    Originally posted by sonship
    What? Evolution too sacred to be disbunked by a YouTube video ?

    Not so. Devastating. The liberal bent in me felt sorry for the underdog - Evolution

    [b]Evolution Demolition

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf32BXMSN7A[/b]
    Que?

    A validated scientific theory corroborated by 150 years of evidence has been 'devastatingly debunked' by a YouTube video?!

    Dear oh dear.
  12. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    40565
    27 Apr '14 11:161 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So you are saying we must NOT take evolution as literal, but as figurative or metaphorical? That seems to be a trick too me.
    No, I'm saying that the figurative speech used to explain the end result is not to be taken
    literally. That is, a fish didn't evolve limbs as an adaptation for the sole purpose of walking
    onto dry land, rather limbs evolved over countless generations and proved useful for
    climbing out of the water. I'm sure even you can see the difference.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    27 Apr '14 11:19
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Although it's been pointed out numerous times already, and I doubt you will listen this time but here we go, evolution does not belong solely to atheists. There are countless people of differing faiths all round the world who also accept the evidence for evolution. I know you like to exist in this black and white world, but please, for once, pull your head out your obese ass and try and see the world for as it is. 😏
    They are only accepting what you guys have hijacked and claimed to be part of evolution. It is that part that some now call microevolution instead of variations in species.
  14. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    40565
    27 Apr '14 11:19
    Originally posted by sonship
    What? Evolution too sacred to be disbunked by a YouTube video ?

    Not so. Devastating. The liberal bent in me felt sorry for the underdog - Evolution

    [b]Evolution Demolition

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf32BXMSN7A[/b]
    Riiiiight. 🙄

    {walking slowly, backwards out of the room}
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    27 Apr '14 11:272 edits
    Originally posted by C Hess
    No, I'm saying that the figurative speech used to explain the end result is not to be taken
    literally. That is, a fish didn't evolve limbs as an adaptation for the sole purpose of walking
    onto dry land, rather limbs evolved over countless generations and proved useful for
    climbing out of the water. I'm sure even you can see the difference.
    That makes no difference how many purposes or uses resulted, it all boils down to being represented by your evolutionists friends in that video. If they did not want it to appear that way then they could have changed it.
Back to Top