1. Standard memberEAPOE
    Earl of Rochester
    Restoration London
    Moves
    09 Dec '06 22:59
    Man has not become more wise or more intelligent than he was six thousand years ago, only more profuse and more active.

E.A.Poe

Technology is the application of knowledge, its acquirement only possible through the existence of social and economic structure.

We have already passed the age in which a society has been ready or able to encompass and utilise, beneficially, technological advancement through knowledge.

We passed this point when man first killed man, through belief in differing ideologies.

Technology and knowledge will grow at an unknowable rate. Man/Woman as individuals will have one life, one mind, one brain, one emotional experience. No different biology to that which man/woman had six thousand years ago.

Possibly the only hope we have is amalgamation of our static individualism with the growing embryo of applied knowledge. If not we will be swept away by the growing technological wave.

The situation is hopeless, but not serious. . .
  2. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 10:49
    Originally posted by EAPOE
    Man has not become more wise or more intelligent than he was six thousand years ago, only more profuse and more active.

E.A.Poe

Technology is the application of knowledge, its acquirement only possible through the existence of social and economic structure.

We have already passed the age in which a society has been ready or able to encompass and utili ...[text shortened]... swept away by the growing technological wave.

The situation is hopeless, but not serious. . .
    its very hard to try and keep up with technology. One day we're all never gonna sleep cause technology will help us stay awake!!!

It is so amazing the rate of which things are happening now, but if you take a look at where the world was 200 years ago, i think we have moved up alot of ages. I saw a program the other day on DSTV that showed how the americans could make stuff invisible and visible again - said that we are still 2 ages away from the Nano age where they will be able to do alot more (maybe even begin to hide humans - hehe)

But at the end of the day, no age we're in, no technology, no nothing will stop Jesus from comming on the clouds 😉
  3. Cosmos
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 14:05
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    its very hard to try and keep up with technology. One day we're all never gonna sleep cause technology will help us stay awake!!!

It is so amazing the rate of which things are happening now, but if you take a look at where the world was 200 years ago, i think we have moved up alot of ages. I saw a program the other day on DSTV that showed how the america ...[text shortened]... day, no age we're in, no technology, no nothing will stop Jesus from comming on the clouds 😉
    "(maybe even begin to hide humans - hehe)"

They already effectively hide humans in the US. It's called Guantanamo bay - filled with non-persons.
    Also they have perfected the art of ignoring blacks...at least when it comes to voting against Bush!
  4. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 06:43
    Originally posted by howardgee
    "(maybe even begin to hide humans - hehe)"

They already effectively hide humans in the US. It's called Guantanamo bay - filled with non-persons.
    Also they have perfected the art of ignoring blacks...at least when it comes to voting against Bush!
    😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree