1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Oct '09 12:03
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    What was your post the other day? Something like why can't we be respectful and get along? Yea, that was it.
    I used to think I respected Gandhi, but now I see that he was just another political hack.

It's like saying, "I don't like your Buddhists", or "I don't like your Muslims", or "I don't like your Hindus".

It's ignorant.

And I still don't know what he means by "your".
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Oct '09 14:37
    Originally posted by josephw
    I used to think I respected Gandhi, but now I see that he was just another political hack.

It's like saying, "I don't like your Buddhists", or "I don't like your Muslims", or "I don't like your Hindus".

It's ignorant.

I would imagine his quote was directed at the British colonial rulers.
  3. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '09 15:31
    Isn't it Mahatma?

So he didn't like Christians? Woopty freakin' doo! Well he can stand in line with everone else then.

Who's the "your" he's talking to anyway? What a stupid thing to say.
    You're quite the doorknob aren't you?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Oct '09 01:10
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    You're quite the doorknob aren't you?
    Did somebody pull your chain?

Okay genius, explain who the "your" are in Gandhi's statement, and don't give me that mindless answer Proper Knob gave.

I bet there's not a single one of you robots that can figure out what's wrong with Gandhi's quote.
  5. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '09 03:56

It's ignorant.

This is what happens when you only listen to part of what he is saying. Taking in and understanding the whole is to understand the concept. Listening to only part of what he is saying - and only the part that rankles you - does not make Gandhi the ignorant one.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Oct '09 08:44
    Originally posted by Badwater
    This is what happens when you only listen to part of what he is saying. Taking in and understanding the whole is to understand the concept. Listening to only part of what he is saying - and only the part that rankles you - does not make Gandhi the ignorant one.
    Perfect description of the spirituality forum.
  7. Standard membertheprotectors
    Gandalf's Hero.
    And I should say????
    Moves
    21 Oct '09 09:051 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I would imagine his quote was directed at the British colonial rulers.
    Actually it was to directed to the western world, but yes it was directed mostly to the British. But that was not the point now was it?
    And further more Joe you can not prove to me that Jeshu walked on water either.
    Bare in mind that you shouldn't take the hole bible as a document that speaks the hole truth. No it is a guide in how to live with the basic laws thrown in.
    The best one is: Love thy fellow man as you self. (My comment to that is the rest is comments).
    Do you get my drift?
  8. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '09 22:46
    Did somebody pull your chain?

Okay genius, explain who the "your" are in Gandhi's statement, and don't give me that mindless answer Proper Knob gave.

I bet there's not a single one of you robots that can figure out what's wrong with Gandhi's quote.
    The "your' refers to Christians, duh. Brainiac.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 20:59
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    The "your' refers to Christians, duh. Brainiac.
    "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians."

Think again.

I think theprotectors got it right. I think he was talking to the western world at large.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree