1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 03:59
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Thing is, or so I have heard, that the majority of the "known" universe is made up of dark matter.
    So I dont know how you can claim to know, with absolute certainty, either way.

If you know something that these guys dont, then please enlighten us.
    It is no good just to say "dont believe him" . You need some semblence of proof. But I suppose you have come across this type of request before ,ie. the need for proof. 😉
    An evil generation asks for a sign of proof, but the proof has already been
    given to it and no other sign of proof will be given it.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 05:49
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Does the moon really cause the eclipse.?
    Have you heard of Pink Floyd? They produced an album in the 1970's called 'Dark Side of the Moon. Get yourself a copy and listen very carefully several times and all will become clear.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 07:09
    Science is talking of dark matter.

Dark matter may be that Rahu planet.

Sciences perspective of this cosmos is like an ants perspective of this planet.
    Your perspective of this cosmos is like an ants perspective of this planet.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 07:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Not an evil generation, hopefully an enquiring generation. And the enquiring minds on here have exposed you for the circular -arguement -type poster that you are.

I take some offense to being called part of an evil genration (gen x). No much offense, but still, aren't you part of the babyboomers generation that nearly started ww3 ?
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 08:39
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    why? ... Why? ... WHY?

it does not make any sense!!!!

It is NONSENSE
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 09:01
    Does the moon really cause the eclipse.

Has it been proven without doubt?
    Have you never actually watched an eclipse? From what you have claimed in the past, you are not young. You presumably have witnessed a number of eclipses in your life time including some total eclipses. Did you bother to look up at the time? Did you not see the moon moving over the sun? Or did you think that at the exact time the moon went in front of the sun two other previously invisible planets magically appeared and 'caused' the eclipse?
  7. Wat?
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 09:14
    He actually mistakenly got his head in the way of an astronomical telescope. It caused the same effect, with some fuzziness and electrical chaotic fields. There were a few ions for pressing his keks, that is assuming he wears them and doesn't go with the old adage 'the angle of the dangle is inversely proportionate to the heat of the meat. Oh and little magnetism was displayed. 😉

-m.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 16:17
    I am just suggesting that because Rahu and Ketu are not observed by science...... then science themselves could at least acknowledge they could be construct of dark matter because..........dark matter is a term that science has come up with - but at least they acknowledge that their dark matter is factual and cannot be detected at the same time.

So if that is the case - then it easy to go from there to accept an invisible planet.
    I am at least glad to see that you do not have to be Christian to be an ignorant git.
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 19:38
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Have you never actually watched an eclipse? From what you have claimed in the past, you are not young. You presumably have witnessed a number of eclipses in your life time including some total eclipses. Did you bother to look up at the time? Did you not see the moon moving over the sun? Or did you think that at the exact time the moon went in front of the sun two other previously invisible planets magically appeared and 'caused' the eclipse?
    Anything is possible.
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 19:40
    Anything is possible.
    No it isn't.

A great many things are possible but 'anything' isn't.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 19:51
    Anything is possible.
    Not really no.

And are you willing to answer my question as to whether you have ever actually witnessed an eclipse personally, and at the time looked up to see what was happening?
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 21:28
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Not really no.

And are you willing to answer my question as to whether you have ever actually witnessed an eclipse personally, and at the time looked up to see what was happening?
    When a child.

I had no idea what was causing it at the time.

I was told the moon.
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 21:30
    When a child.

I had no idea what was causing it at the time.

I was told the moon.
    You were told right.

Eclipses are exceptionally simple to explain and understand.

If you can't grasp how they work then I really don't know how you can hope to comprehend anything else.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 23:24
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Not an evil generation, hopefully an enquiring generation. And the enquiring minds on here have exposed you for the circular -arguement -type poster that you are.

I take some offense to being called part of an evil genration (gen x). No much offense, but still, aren't you part of the babyboomers generation that nearly started ww3 ?
    I am not asking for a sign of proof before I will believe.
  15. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 23:401 edit
    I am just suggesting that because Rahu and Ketu are not observed by science...... then science themselves could at least acknowledge they could be construct of dark matter because..........dark matter is a term that science has come up with - but at least they acknowledge that their dark matter is factual and cannot be detected at the same time.

So if that is the case - then it easy to go from there to accept an invisible planet.
    or... just maybe they are the inventions of a crackpot religion and they don't exist at all.

point 1: if anything has enough mass, volume and stellar influence to cause an eclipse from our perspective, then we can certainly detect it for we have detected things much smaller. further, even if it's 'invisible' to our visual instruments, something that large would have gravitation effects on every other body nearby and we would be able to predict it's location and mass based on these anomalies (no such anomalies exist).

point 2: we can predict when the (lunar) eclipse will happen based on the movements of the moon. we can even watch the moon moving into and out of an eclipse. heck there are videos on it and anyone can watch it. anyone with proper equipment can even record it and verify all this for themselves.

point 3: your comment about dark energy/matter shows that you haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about when it come to anything related to cosmos science.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree