1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 May '16 11:10
    There seems to be more and more of this covering up of child abuse by the WatchTower leadership - and on a global basis.

This one from England at the end of 2015 where the JW parents failed to escalate the incident to the authorities.

"Prosecutor Mr Taplow added: 'Sadly her parents chose to conceal the sexual nature of the incident and told her not to say anything about it....'They continued to understate the seriousness of the assault, and the matter was swept under the carpet by the church.' "

http://tinyurl.com/Pheasey-abuse

More sources here:
    https://www.revealnews.org/topic/jehovahs-witnesses/
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 May '16 11:17
    Originally posted by divegeester
    There seems to be more and more of this covering up of child abuse by the WatchTower leadership - and on a global basis.

This one from England at the end of 2015 where the JW parents failed to escalate the incident to the authorities.

[i]"Prosecutor Mr Taplow added: 'Sadly her parents chose to conceal the sexual nature of the incident and told he ...[text shortened]... sey-abuse

More sources here:
    https://www.revealnews.org/topic/jehovahs-witnesses/[/b]
    Nobody will escape the righteous judgement of God. Those who continue with a sinful life are not children of God but are children of the devil and will be cast into the lake of fire.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 May '16 12:50
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Nobody will escape the righteous judgement of God. Those who continue with a sinful life are not children of God but are children of the devil and will be cast into the lake of fire.
    I'm sure you are correct. In the meantime we need to speak out about it.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 May '16 13:26
    I'm sure you are correct. In the meantime we need to speak out about it.
    And I support your continued campaign against those who abuse children. However you seem to support those Christians who continue with their sin and support them when they make false claims along the lines that they would not have to account for their sin.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 May '16 15:46
    And I support your continued campaign against those who abuse children. However you seem to support those Christians who continue with their sin and support them when they make false claims along the lines that they would not have to account for their sin.
    You should start a separate thread on that.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 May '16 10:13
    You should start a separate thread on that.
    I have and you keep far away from those threads, because they hit too close to home for you.. Do you believe that only the JWs commit these acts of child abuse? If you were really interested in condeming sins or this type then your posts would reflect that. Instead you zero in on the JWs only when these types of atrocities are worldwide and in all religions.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 May '16 10:21
    Do you believe that only the JWs commit these acts of child abuse?
    I don't believe for one moment - and nor do you - that divegeester somehow thinks only the JWs commit acts as abhorrent as these. If, say, a Catholic poster takes it upon himself or herself to come onto this forum and either defend the cover up of child sexual abuse in their church or downplay its prevalence or try to discredit eye-witnesses and victims and dismiss their evidence out of hand, then I am pretty sure they will face the same opposition to such stances as we already see here.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 May '16 10:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't believe for one moment - and nor do you - that divegeester somehow thinks only the JWs commit acts as abhorrent as these. If, say, a Catholic poster takes it upon himself or herself to come onto this forum and either defend the cover up of child sexual abuse in their church or downplay its prevalence or try to discredit eye-witnesses and victims and dism ...[text shortened]... then I am pretty sure they will face the same opposition to such stances as we already see here.
    Ok .. fair enough.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '16 10:58
    Ok .. fair enough.
    ask him how many threads he has started against other religious organisations and how many he has started against Jehovahs witnesses and his religious bigotry becomes rather apparent. He has no real interest in the issue as you astutely noticed, its simply a rather convenient vehicle for his hatred.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 May '16 11:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ask him how many threads he has started against other religious organisations and how many he has started against Jehovahs witnesses and his religious bigotry becomes rather apparent. He has no real interest in the issue as you astutely noticed, its simply a rather convenient vehicle for his hatred.
    i think the point is that the JWs make it their business to cover it up and to discredit witnesses or victims. So I guess that makes the perps especially dangerous if that is the case.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 May '16 11:07
    i think the point is that the JWs make it their business to cover it up and to discredit witnesses or victims. So I guess that makes the perps especially dangerous if that is the case.
    If there were other posters here defending the covering up of crimes within their corporate religion I would be just as vehement in calling them out for the sake of debate. There aren't, as far as I know.

Yes I am a vociferous critic of the JW organisation, I am not a vociferous critic of the Bible nor of god. It is the human element of the organisation I call out, and the JWs in this forum for defending those leaders and the organisation itself.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '16 11:124 edits
    That is quite simply nonsense. Let us take the royal commission as an example. How much information was withheld from the royal commission? Infact of the 1000 or so recorded instances of alleged abuse the Royal commission heard testimony that over 400 were reported to secular authorities as Jehovahs witnesses were counselled to do. Furthermore the Royal commission also heard that where mandatory reporting exists Jehovahs witnesses comply with the law making your statement not only misleading and inaccurate but demonstrably FALSE. Now either you or your sources have no idea what they are talking about or Jehovahs witnesses are not very good at covering their tracks. Either way your statement is a FAIL.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 May '16 11:32
    Let us take the royal commission as an example. How much information was withheld from the royal commission? In fact of the 1000 or so recorded instances of alleged abuse the Royal commission heard testimony that over 400 were reported to secular authorities as Jehovahs witnesses were counselled to do.
    How many allegations of sexual abuse of children that were made against its "elders" and members in Australia were reported by the JW organization to authorities during the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s and 2000s? The answer is none. Zero.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 May '16 12:26
    Furthermore the Royal commission also heard that where mandatory reporting exists Jehovahs witnesses comply with the law making your statement not only misleading and inaccurate but demonstrably FALSE.
    The Royal Commission "heard that" from lawyers representing the JW organization?

Or the Royal Commission found it to true after examining the evidence?

Which?

Why would whether there is technically "mandatory reporting" or not have any bearing on whether serious sex crimes against children were reported to the authorities? What kind of excuse is that? What is its moral underpinning?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 May '16 16:43
    [b]How much information was withheld from the royal commission?
    How can anyone here know how much information was withheld from the Royal Commission? And anyway it's beside the point. The point here is how much information was withheld from the authorities during the 60 years leading up to the Royal Commission being set up in order to investigate the scandal.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree