1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 17:31
    Would it have been more effective to of had Jesus come to earth at this time rather then a period where communication was on a very primitive level. It must of took hundreds of years for the Jesus story to reach very far in the world. Now the story would be known to everyone within minutes. With soo much riding on the decision to accept Christ or not, Jesus coming to earth two thosand years ago left a lot of people out of even knowing the scoop. Seems like bad planning.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 18:02
    Originally posted by buckky
    Now the story would be known to everyone within minutes.
    Only if he chose to make a spectacle of himself. One presumes that if he was God, he could have spread the word faster if he wanted to.

I must of course as why it is important for people to hear the story quickly as whenever he chose to come, most of those born after him would hear it, and all of those born before him would not, so one would think that the earlier he came the better.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 18:39
    Would it have been more effective to of had Jesus come to earth at this time rather then a period where communication was on a very primitive level. It must of took hundreds of years for the Jesus story to reach very far in the world. Now the story would be known to everyone within minutes. With soo much riding on the decision to accept Christ or not, Jesus c ...[text shortened]... thosand years ago left a lot of people out of even knowing the scoop. Seems like bad planning.
    Jesus and his messages were not really meant to be heard earthwide at that time. If that were the case then yes he would have come at a different time such as now and used the technologies that would be available to him. And if his Kingdom were to be ruled from earth as many think, then he would have established it at that time as it would have been easier then today as one would think.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 19:37
    Would it have been more effective to of had Jesus come to earth at this time rather then a period where communication was on a very primitive level. It must of took hundreds of years for the Jesus story to reach very far in the world. Now the story would be known to everyone within minutes. With soo much riding on the decision to accept Christ or not, Jesus c ...[text shortened]... thosand years ago left a lot of people out of even knowing the scoop. Seems like bad planning.
    I don't think Jesus would be recognized as the Messias if he came today.
    Yes, he can show some miracles, but that can every magician do.

Many have tried to tell us that he is the new Messias. The cult has lasted for a while and then died. Some cults still live.

Heck, even I can tell everyone that I'm the Messias. Send me $100 and I give you salvation. If I become a millionaire, then it's a miracle of its own.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 20:01
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I don't think Jesus would be recognized as the Messias if he came today.
    Yes, he can show some miracles, but that can every magician do.

Many have tried to tell us that he is the new Messias. The cult has lasted for a while and then died. Some cults still live.

Heck, even I can tell everyone that I'm the Messias. Send me $100 and I give you salvation. If I become a millionaire, then it's a miracle of its own.
    Lol. There will be many more who say they are before it's over with. Matt 7:14, 21, 22 & 24:24. 1 John 4:1-3.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 20:13
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Lol. There will be many more who say they are before it's over with. Matt 7:14, 21, 22 & 24:24. 1 John 4:1-3.
    Right. 🙂 So how would you recognize the Right One in the myriads of False Ones? Does he have a mole on his left cheek or something? Does he have to be a JW, or can he be any kind?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 21:131 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Right. 🙂 So how would you recognize the Right One in the myriads of False Ones? Does he have a mole on his left cheek or something? Does he have to be a JW, or can he be any kind?
    Well according to scripture after Jesus's time on earth, there would be no more prophets or anyone who did miracles, healings, raising the dead, etc. So that really simplifies the answers to that issue. No one qualifies as a Messiah or would do the things he did while he was on earth.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 21:40
    ... there would be no more prophets or anyone who did miracles, healings, raising the dead, etc. ...
    I would be interested in where the scripture says or implies that.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 22:16
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I would be interested in where the scripture says or implies that.
    Rajj..you should know where that is by now.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 22:57
    Rajj..you should know where that is by now.
    Ive heard it said before.
    I have not heard a justification for saying it as yet.
    Maybe you can help.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 23:28
    Ive heard it said before.
    I have not heard a justification for saying it as yet.
    Maybe you can help.
    Matt 7: 15-23. Self expanatory.
  12. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 23:39
    I think in the context of Christianity, either it is true and the timing was perfect, or it is false and we can all relax and stop trying to reconcile the available evidence with the existence of the Christian god.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 23:42
    Matt 7: 15-23. Self expanatory.
    Beware of false prophets.
    Does not that mean that there are also true prophets?
    Otherwise Christ would have said beware of all prophets for there is going to be none after me ... lol.. 😀
    Galveston .. get serious. Try again.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Feb '10 00:03
    Beware of false prophets.
    Does not that mean that there are also true prophets?
    Otherwise Christ would have said beware of all prophets for there is going to be none after me ... lol.. 😀
    Galveston .. get serious. Try again.
    The scripture is very clear Rajj. If you don't understand it then there is nothing I can say or do for you. Heb 5: 11-14.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Feb '10 00:08
    The scripture is very clear Rajj. If you don't understand it then there is nothing I can say or do for you. Heb 5: 11-14.
    Yes there is something you can do... explain the link between what you said and the passage you quoted.

You said "..according to scripture after Jesus's time on earth, there would be no more prophets or anyone who did miracles, healings, raising the dead"

And you quoted a passage that said ' beware of false prophets'.

As usual your explanations dont fit the Bible passage and you keep criticising others for not understanding the Bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree