more religious discrimination

more religious discrimination

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
19 Nov 10
2 edits

Originally posted by Conrau K
[b]Listen, you can't even seem to be able to acknowledge that my pointing out that even the KKK believes their bigotry is "justified" does not entail a charge of racism. That you jumped to that conclusion is one thing, but that you insist on framing it as such is another. If you are unable or unwilling to wrap your mind around something this basic, what's t I very strongly rail against. Once again you resort to the typical ad hominem.
[/b]Look, I am over that point. As you can see from previous post, there were several objections to your argument here. Even now, when I have clearly grouped them together, you cannot even respond to them. Surely it's not a reading problem. Come on, you are such a hypocrite. You accuse others of evasiveness but now you do it repeatedly. It really does astound me.

Evidently you missed the point of the following:
" That you jumped to that conclusion is one thing, but that you insist on framing it as such is another. If you are unable or unwilling to wrap your mind around something this basic, what's the point of addressing the other flaws in your position or getting you to understand mine?"
In other words, "I've had enough".

Don't be condescending. You're nothing more than a ridiculous bigot who has never been able to acknowledge when he is wrong. My religious commitments do not interfere with my ability to make sound judgments. I regularly change my mind and I am able to criticise the Catholic Church. Furthermore, my point here extends to religious organisations, such as the JWs, whom I very strongly rail against. Once again you resort to the typical ad hominem.

My wish for good luck was sincere. Like my friend, you seem to have an aversion to the truth. For quite some time she was quite offended by it and in denial. Now she'll occasionally say something like, "Thank you for being the only one willing to speak the truth to me". Hopefully someday she'll be able to break free. Make of that what you will.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Nov 10

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Look, I am over that point. As you can see from previous post, there were several objections to your argument here. Even now, when I have clearly grouped them together, you cannot even respond to them. Surely it's not a reading problem. Come on, you are such a hypocrite. You accuse others of evasiveness but now you do it repeatedly. It really does ...[text shortened]... to me". Hopefully someday she'll be able to break free. Make of that what you will.
Whatever. You have hardly convinced me of any truth. Most legislatures recognise exemptions for religious organisations. I cannot find any which do not. You are clearly the odd one out and clearly only have personal attacks as a final rhetorical weapon.

T

Moves
19 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Lol, a cat fight, how intwesting 😛
Was there some sort of implication intended by your choice of the term "cat fight"?

T

Moves
19 Nov 10

Whatever. You have hardly convinced me of any truth. Most legislatures recognise exemptions for religious organisations. I cannot find any which do not. You are clearly the odd one out and clearly only have personal attacks as a final rhetorical weapon.
The comment about "truth" was about yourself just as the "truth" was about my friend since that evidently wasn't apparent to you. Man, it's tough to get any sort of point across to you. Good luck again.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Nov 10

The comment about "truth" was about yourself just as the "truth" was about my friend since that evidently wasn't apparent to you. Man, it's tough to get any sort of point across to you. Good luck again.
WTF is wrong with you? I get your point, I just don't agree with it.

T

Moves
19 Nov 10
1 edit

WTF is wrong with you? I get your point, I just don't agree with it.
No doubt you believe you get my point, just as you believed you got my point when I pointed out that even the KKK believes their bigotry is "justified" and you believed it to be leveling a charge of racism which was an absurd conclusion to jump to. Even worse, even after several attempts at correction, you kept insisting it was about racism. You also can't seem to understand the point that there's little point in trying to have rational discussion with someone who has that much difficulty with something that basic. You have a lot you need to understand about yourself and the world you live in. Good luck to you.

In case you still don't get it, "WTF is wrong with you?" is a question you should be asking YOURSELF.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Nov 10

No doubt you believe you get my point, just as you believed you got my point when I pointed out that even the KKK believes their bigotry is "justified" and you believed it to be leveling a charge of racism which was an absurd conclusion to jump to. Even worse, even after several attempts at correction, you kept insisting it was about racism. You also can' ...[text shortened]... still don't get it, "WTF is wrong with you?" is a question you should be asking YOURSELF.
I have no idea why you continue to return to that point of discussion. Even before you mentioned the KKK and even before I criticised that as an emotionally charged comparison, I had presented my major arguments and asked you directly how you believe religious freedom can be preserved if anti-discrimination is practiced without measure. You have been evasive from the beginning of the discussion.

I really do not see your point here though. You had very early on said 'Your rhetoric is not unlike what I would expect from those who believe the KKK is similarly "justified" to discriminate as they see fit.' You drew a direct comparison between me and the KKK. The argument behind this was very clear. It was supposed to be a giant gotcha!, as though to say, If you defend religious exemption from anti-discrimination laws, then you must support the KKK's discrimination. You later accused me of 'hypocrisy' because I do not support the KKK. What I have been at pains to emphasise, however, is that religious exemption does not extend infinitely and government can rightly curtail its freedom such as in cases of vilification. A person can support religious freedom and yet not endorse racist organisations.

The comparison is so patently immature. As I have pointed out several times already, I could just as easily compare your rhetoric to that of the Nazis, the Soviets or the Chinese government. Such examples would hardly serve an honest intellectual debate. They are emotively charged and completely unfair comparisons.

T

Moves
19 Nov 10
1 edit

I have no idea why you continue to return to that point of discussion. Even before you mentioned the KKK and even before I criticised that as an emotionally charged comparison, I had presented my major arguments and asked you directly how you believe religious freedom can be preserved if anti-discrimination is practiced without measure. You have been evasiv honest intellectual debate. They are emotively charged and completely unfair comparisons.
It's truly remarkable how you repeatedly miss the point and build straw men. Good luck to you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Nov 10

It's truly remarkable how you repeatedly miss the point. Good luck to you.
Evasiveness once again.

T

Moves
19 Nov 10

Evasiveness once again.
lol. Truly remarkable. Good luck to you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Nov 10

lol. Truly remarkable. Good luck to you.
I bet if you called on anyone in this forum, they would agree with me. You really are a jerk.

T

Moves
19 Nov 10
1 edit

I bet if you called on anyone in this forum, they would agree with me. You really are a jerk.
Only those with an aversion to truth. Many Christians espouse that "God is Truth", yet seem to have an abiding dislike and even hatred for it. "The truth will make you free." There's some serious wisdom contained in that sentence. It's unfortunate that Christianity, by and large, has abandoned the teachings of Jesus. You have a lot to learn, kid. Don't allow your ego get in the way of your doing so. Good luck to you.

JWB

Moves
20 Nov 10

I bear you no ill will dude but ThinkOfOne seems to me to be one of the best posters on the Spirituality form. Just my 2 cents. peace.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Nov 10

You are all like a bunch of chattering little girls.

Reminds me of these two verses out of 2 Timothy chapter 3.

For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Nov 10

Originally posted by John W Booth
I bear you no ill will dude but ThinkOfOne seems to me to be one of the best posters on the Spirituality form. Just my 2 cents. peace.
Reviewing this exchange, do you believe ThinkOfOne has conducted himself in an intellectually honest way? For example, do you think he has defended his arguments or answered counter-arguments?